New Whitley County coach...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitley has had a lot of Coaches in the past 30 years.....Hodges, Haynes,Perkins, Croley, Davenport, Voight,Prewitt, Maxey, Combs, Evans, Guffy and now the new one... I give him the average three seasons and then he will move on as well.

If this is true, he's giving up a principal's job to coach again? Wow ...

Would his son join him at Whitley?

I am hearing that his son will stay at Somerset, but that his daughter will come with him and enroll at Corbin.

I am hearing that his son will stay at Somerset, but that his daughter will come with him and enroll at Corbin.
Thats what I would want as Super...a head basketball coach whos son plays at Somerset and daughter plays at Corbin.....When was Guffey informed..when was the job posted?

That sounds like it would be a big mess. I can not imagine trying to balance all the schedules if that were indeed the case....looks like the 50th District will have alot of new faces next season. When does Williamsburg announce their changes?

That sounds like it would be a big mess. I can not imagine trying to balance all the schedules if that were indeed the case....looks like the 50th District will have alot of new faces next season. When does Williamsburg announce their changes?

The Williamsburg basketball positions are officially open.

I knew it was going to happen just did not know the time it would be announced. I had not seen anything in the local papers to support the rumors.

The new blood should be good for the Jackets. I hope they can get their basketball as competitive as the football program. I think the Williamsburg administration will do a statewide search and take their time selecting the new Coach. Seems like Whitley had a new Coach before the last season was even finished.