Mike Deaton New Head Coach at Whitley County

Mike Deaton was presented to the media today as the new head coach at Whitley County.

Welcome to Whitley County Coach Deaton!!!!

The Mutt is very happy to have you here at Whitley.

Coach Deaton will formally meet with Parents, Players and Boosters this evening at Whitley High (6:00 PM).

More good news to come in the near future for Whitley Basketball.

A brighter future for Whitley Basketball is dawning.

:dancingpa

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovethosehounds

I am sure that you guys are very sad to see Guffy go. Guffy has been very good to the hounds during his tenure. Maybe Deaton can make this rivary more fun than it has ever been. There is no reason that Whitley, Corbin and Laurel should not be among the top 20 every year. :ylsuper:

Hey Mutt,

1. Welcome to BGP, I have learned in a short time it is a great place.

2. Congrats on Whitley County landing a coach like Mike Deaton, as bad as the program has been it is a real show stealer.

3. Beware, from what I have seen you will get the :sleep: from a certian group of fans everytime your Colonels do something good.

4. You will also get the :banana: sometimes.

What are Coach Deaton's plans for taking over and starting workouts?

Mike Deaton was presented to the media today as the new head coach at Whitley County.

Welcome to Whitley County Coach Deaton!!!!

The Mutt is very happy to have you here at Whitley.

Coach Deaton will formally meet with Parents, Players and Boosters this evening at Whitley High (6:00 PM).

More good news to come in the near future for Whitley Basketball.

A brighter future for Whitley Basketball is dawning.

It should prove to be an excellent hire for Whitley as Deaton is a very good coach!

What is the other good news that is coming for Whitley basketball?

Whitley County has always been a program that has puzzled me. Until the two Laurel County schools entered the 13th, the Colonels were the largest school in the region, with over 1,200 students. But they never seem to make any noise in boys basketball:confused:

Maybe Deaton is the right person to get things turned around for them.

Deaton Started Coaching at Greenville High , then went to Caverna, then to Corbin and later to Bowling Green....most success was experienced at Caverna where they went to the ALL A several times and at Corbin where he took the Hounds to the State twice.........

Deaton Started Coaching at Greenville High , then went to Caverna, then to Corbin and later to Bowling Green....most success was experienced at Caverna where they went to the ALL A several times and at Corbin where he took the Hounds to the State twice.........

In 2000, a year the Hounds made it to the state tournament, Owsley County was the only school in the state to defeat Corbin until they lost in the state tournament. They had also lost one game in a tournament in South Carolina, but the Owls won by 7 and had leads of 20 in their game with the Hounds.

The Owls lost a heartbreaker in the semi's of the region that year, by 3 to Knott Central.:cry:

Hey Mutt,

1. Welcome to BGP, I have learned in a short time it is a great place.

2. Congrats on Whitley County landing a coach like Mike Deaton, as bad as the program has been it is a real show stealer.

3. Beware, from what I have seen you will get the :sleep: from a certian group of fans everytime your Colonels do something good.

4. You will also get the :banana: sometimes.

What are Coach Deaton's plans for taking over and starting workouts?

:banana:

Is this the same Mike Deaton that played football for UK in the 70's?

Yes he played at Kentucky....QB if I am not mistaken. I saw several of his games although he was standing on the sideline while Derrick Ramsey was the star QB.