Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. East Carter Kawada 12 Barnhill 11 Pemberton 10 Bair 7 Jackson 6 Adams 5 McDavid 2 Fairview Jackson 11 Collins 9 Stai 4 Evans 3 Gehringer 2 Gilbert 2 Fannin 1 East 7 11 20 15 Fairview 9 3 10 10
  2. You might be right about that! Not sure though!!
  3. Thanks for all the kind words. I love Dickie Martin. I work with him during the State Tourney games and we have a blast. He is, in my opinion, the best play by play guy around. I am happy that some would lump my name in with his. I also think Jim Forrest is pretty solid! Believe it or not, radio guys appreciate a little recognition every now and then. We don't NEED it, because we do waht we do for the student athletes, but we do like it when you let us know we are appreciated!! Thanks again!!!!
  4. HAHAHAHA!! Someone else suggested an AD Spelling Bee and even a radio announcer bare knuckle fist fight (but I dont' wanna go toe to toe with a man named Thunder Dan!) I think rock, paper scissors between assistant coaches might also work!
  5. I suggested that they meet half way, maybe the Frosty Freeze in Sandy Hook and play a game of Rook or at least let Rick Mays flip the coin. He doesn't care who wins the flip, he will play anybody. The "Flip Gate" ruling as far as place and time is yet to be determined. I have my doubts anyone will be invited other than the parties involved. When it is all said and done, I am sure they will alert the media. If the powers that be would allow it, we would cover the Flip live on the radio! Wouldn't that be exciting?!?! Making light of the situation is probably better than "friends" getting all tore up and causing hard feelings over a game, don't ya think?
  6. No, the point differential was what was in question because it had the number "2" in it, as in 2 teams tied. That was the first ruling that came down after Morgan Co appealed that the since there were 3 teams in the tie, that tie breaker could not be used because the seeding plan had the #2 in it. So the next tie breaker was winning percentage minus all tournament games. West had the best percentage with East and Morgan Co tied after a ruling reversal by the KHSAA. Therefore, West is the #2 seed and East and Morgan will flip a coin for the #3seed.
  7. What did I post for all the world to see? I have not made a public attempt to ridicule anyone. I posted an observation and asked a question, don't see how that ridicules anyone, but you have your opinion and I will respect that. And I don't have a stake in the tourney as far as any one team is concerned. I am not paid by a school, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. Its not that I don't have a team left, I don't have a "team" period. I will be at every game of the 62nd District tourney and 16th region tourney and state tourney. But not cheering for anyone!
  8. The email was read in its entirety at the meeting.
  9. I don't have a team in the post-season. And I have asked NETS that question. I won't post his response.
  10. I think I can say with some certainty that neither school would have written the KHSAA challenging that wording. They both knew the intent of the rule when it was written.
  11. NOBODY lied, a clarification was asked as to what was a tournament. Is a "showcase" a tournament? Is a "classic" a tournament. All that was asked for by the KHSAA was what was a tournament. Nothing else. I guess GW thinks he is back in the White House and his intelligence reports are still inaccurate. No weapons of mass destruction in the East Carter emails.
  12. Can people in BGP land please tell me that if NETS' team would have benefited from the point differential, an email complaining about the wording would have been sent to the KHSAA?
  13. I was told it was the newest member of the 62nd District who refused to play a "playoff" game.
  14. Obituary Sportsmanship – Beginning of Athletic Competition – February 11, 2009 Sportsmanship died today. The cause of the death is not certain, however greed and pride are prime suspects. The sense of teamwork, respect, responsibility and perspective that high school athletics are supposed to promote was replaced with selfishness, disrespect, blame and did I mention selfishness? In a gathering full of rancor and self promotion, sportsmanship was trampled by fear of opponents and promotion of semantics. Sportsmanship and the positive values it tried to promote, fell by the wayside as men gathered in a small room with the sole purpose of forcing their agendas and desires on the student athletes of others. Sportsmanship is survived by a shimmer of fair play displayed by some. There are those who wanted sportsmanship to live and tried to resuscitate, and sportsmanship was revived a few times, but the death blow actually came a couple of hours after the gang that killed sportsmanship dismissed from the small room to gather in small hamlets to plot sportsmanship’s death. Memorial services will be held for sportsmanship February 23-27 across the 62nd District. Official services will be held at the Harold L Holbrook Athletic Complex East. The Right Most High Reverend of 62nd District Basketball will preside while others carry out portions of the service in their own way. Fans will no doubt bury sportsmanship several times through the week and the carnage will probably continue for weeks to come. Friends may also visit at Ellis T Johnson Arena, Diddle Arena and Rupp Arena during the month of March. Basketball coaches and AD’s across the state are in charge of arrangements.
  15. Just got word that there will now be a coin flip. From what I was told, the offer was made to play a game between the 2 teams on a neutral floor and it was declined by one of the schools involved. No word yet as to when the coin flip will be held. I think they will probably flip for the flip to see who gets to call it.
  16. Its a mess boys! That's all I got to say. Sportsmanship died today! Funeral services will be held during the 62nd District Tourney!!
  17. No "home cooking". A clarification was asked for, just as Morgan Co asked for a clarification of the 2nd tie-breaker. How was that "home cooking"?
  18. Toughest in the 16th region, by far!!! Maybe I should've clarified that!!!
  19. Just to clarify they won the district regular season title. Obviously that means a number 1 seed but not a trip to the region yet. And you are right Dale, Elliott Co has never won a district game and gone on to the region tourney. They are very talented ball club and could do very well in the post season. With that said, the 62nd is the toughest district in girls basketball in my opinion and no one is making plans to go to Morehead yet!
  20. Very hard fought game tonight! Both teams played very aggressive and physcial. East never trailed but had lapses. East was up 11 with about 5 to go and Rowan cut it to 1 on two occassions but couldn't get over the hump. East made 9 of 11 free throws in the 4th quarter to seal it. Great game to broadcast, fun to watch!! A great game played by 2 very good, well coached teams!
  21. Some Stats: East Carter White 20 Combs 14 Marshall 10 Easterling 5 Dearfield 3 Rowan Co Riddle 19 Brockman 13 Martin 6 Muncy 4 Kissinger 2 Kiser 2 Neely 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.