Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

62nd District Tournament

Featured Replies

Ding, Ding!

 

Round 2

 

Perhaps we can put all the pre-fight drama behind us and get down to discussing the actual games when they present themselves.

 

 

 

 

 

Only in America, baby!

  • Replies 54
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the historic coin flip?

I don't know when the coin flip is, but to have that decided on what seed you get is in my opinion ridiculous.

 

“I say we leave it in the hands of the kids,” Trusty said.

 

 

 

This was a quote from the Ashland Daily Independent in today's paper. But yet, Coach Matthew Perry and AD Trusty want to have a coin flip to decide their fate?

 

 

 

You do the math....

Hope the word filters down quickly. I know it is a big deal for a team to get to the regional tourney. It amounts to several thousand dollars for the schools.

 

I know nobody wants to be the four seed, but just because you are the fourth seed in this year's tourney is no guarantee that you won't be in playing in Morehead (you would just have a tough road to get there).

I agree that Elliott County can be beat, whether or not it will be a 16th region opponent is yet to be determined. The by-laws were in place and understandable to all school voting delegates. I know this for certainty because they signed the document when it was adopted. With that being said, nothing should be interpreted or as it was qouted "in the spirit of the rule". Its the responsiblity of the KHSAA to settle it, they are the governing body. In their by-laws it states to move to a coin-toss or blind draw, which was adopted yesterday by the voting delegates. Playing each other again is not possible by the by-laws written in the KHSAA handbook. Whoever Morgan County gets in the district, whether it be West Carter or Elliott County, they will give their all and represent their school to the best of the their abilities. Right is right and all the documents on file point to that. Good luck to all teams in the district.

I'm confused. Since there was a three way tie, shouldn't all three teams be included in a draw? East won the head-to-head vs. West. West won the head-to-head vs. Morgan and Morgan and East tied in the head to head. Why does that automatically give 2nd to West? Are we using point differential to determine 2nd and not 3rd and 4th?

I'm confused. Since there was a three way tie, shouldn't all three teams be included in a draw? East won the head-to-head vs. West. West won the head-to-head vs. Morgan and Morgan and East tied in the head to head. Why does that automatically give 2nd to West? Are we using point differential to determine 2nd and not 3rd and 4th?

 

No, the point differential was what was in question because it had the number "2" in it, as in 2 teams tied. That was the first ruling that came down after Morgan Co appealed that the since there were 3 teams in the tie, that tie breaker could not be used because the seeding plan had the #2 in it.

 

So the next tie breaker was winning percentage minus all tournament games. West had the best percentage with East and Morgan Co tied after a ruling reversal by the KHSAA.

 

Therefore, West is the #2 seed and East and Morgan will flip a coin for the #3seed.

When is this big flip to decide a seed in the tourn. going to take place. instead of a coin flip why don't they put to pills in the bottle and say pill 1 plays EC pill 2 plays WC. Cause if the coin flip is not right that will cause a problem. I have that Mr. Damron is not very athletic what if he drops the coin or fumbles it.:idunno::confused: Just trying to make some light of a sad situation.

What about tag-team thumb wrestling?

When is this big flip to decide a seed in the tourn. going to take place. instead of a coin flip why don't they put to pills in the bottle and say pill 1 plays EC pill 2 plays WC. Cause if the coin flip is not right that will cause a problem. I have that Mr. Damron is not very athletic what if he drops the coin or fumbles it.:idunno::confused: Just trying to make some light of a sad situation.

 

I suggested that they meet half way, maybe the Frosty Freeze in Sandy Hook and play a game of Rook or at least let Rick Mays flip the coin. He doesn't care who wins the flip, he will play anybody.

 

The "Flip Gate" ruling as far as place and time is yet to be determined. I have my doubts anyone will be invited other than the parties involved. When it is all said and done, I am sure they will alert the media.

 

If the powers that be would allow it, we would cover the Flip live on the radio! Wouldn't that be exciting?!?!

 

Making light of the situation is probably better than "friends" getting all tore up and causing hard feelings over a game, don't ya think?

What about tag-team thumb wrestling?

 

Good one!:clap::popcorn::banana:

What about tag-team thumb wrestling?

 

HAHAHAHA!!

 

Someone else suggested an AD Spelling Bee and even a radio announcer bare knuckle fist fight (but I dont' wanna go toe to toe with a man named Thunder Dan!) I think rock, paper scissors between assistant coaches might also work!

HAHAHAHA!!

 

Someone else suggested an AD Spelling Bee and even a radio announcer bare knuckle fist fight (but I dont' wanna go toe to toe with a man named Thunder Dan!) I think rock, paper scissors between assistant coaches might also work!

 

Don't want to do the AD Spelling Bee I know East's AD East would lose for sure.:D

Don't want to do the AD Spelling Bee I know East's AD East would lose for sure.:D

 

You might be right about that! Not sure though!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.