Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

highschoolsportsfan

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan

  1. Brooke Keeton (Raceland), Samantha Sparks (Russell), Jessi Marth (Lewis County), Kasey Lewis (Russell), Kayla Parsley (Russell), Ashley Grizzle (Greenup County), Brooke Wilson (Raceland), Kelsey Simpson (Russell), Rachael Vanderhoof (Raceland).
  2. Morgan Eagle 18 Fugate 13 Dulen 10 Hembree 6 Humphreys 2 Kelly 2 West Carter Stevens 10 Tackett 9 Oney 5 Fultz 4 Perry 3 Cox 2 62nd District All-Tournament team: (West Carter) Brittney Tackett, Monica Stephens and Sydnie Cox, (East Carter) Lakota Burge and Lindsay Combs, (Elliott Co) Lakin Griffith and Theressia Adkins and (Morgan Co) Leslie Eagle, Hannah Fugate, Laura Hembree and Kayla Kelly.
  3. Finals tonight in the 62nd. What does everyone think?
  4. I have been called much worse!!!
  5. "Kid" is better than "sir", Sir
  6. You are quite welcome, sonny! And while I appreciate your politeness, I am only 40 years old and "sir" makes me feel so old! "Dude" "Big Guy" "Lard Butt" anything but "sir" please!!!!!!
  7. Thanks for the vote of confidence my dear friend!!
  8. Yes, I will be on with the results. I will do a quick live update after each draw and then do a live show at 12:30 with reaction from some of the coaches. It will be on both the radio and internet.
  9. I would never say that a team has 0 chance of winning a game. I will say that Rose Hill will be the prohibitive favorite, but anything can happen in the post season.
  10. The draw is Saturday morning. I am not sure which tournament they are drawing first this year (boys or girls), but the first draw is at 9am then the second draw at 10am. I am pretty sure the boys are drawing first, but not positive.
  11. Well, the other teams will need the money that comes from the region. And I am not sure every team is ready to just hand over the Region Trophy.
  12. It was tight! I am glad those who wanted to be there got in. I was worried, as was others that the gym may not hold all who wanted to be there.
  13. I would say Ashland over Fairview in the 64th tonight can be considered an upset in most minds.
  14. The schools in that district must vote to seed the tournament. If you have 2 teams who are traditionally strong and two who are traditionally weak, the vote generally is 2-2and will not pass. Same problem persisted in the 62nd until the recent realignment.
  15. You've been a half a bubble off plumb a couple of times yourself Doc!!!
  16. That is a toughy LRCW!!! Elliott has the best 1-7 in my opinion. I think Maynard could start for many teams in this region. Then Morgan off the bench, who started much of last year for the Lions is pretty darn good as well. I don't think anyone could really question Elliott has the best 1-7. East has good talent after their starting 5. Their starting 5 is solid!! Bair, Jackson, Johnson, Sagraves and Barnhill are all quality players and good kids. Kawada is a fine player and Pemberton is getting better every game. I personally think RH is developing some great talent! I don't know if they have a permanent 1-7, but the role players are really stepping up. I think the Barber kid is very underrated and Davis is no slouch. They don't drop off a great deal with subs. I also like the Quakenbush (sp?) kid. Rose Hill is going to be very good for the next couple of years. I think one could make a case for Raceland as well. Nichols, Sparks, Martin, Boyles, Watts, Tolliver, etc. Good squad!!! I am not sure I could give you a definitive top 3 right now. Maybe if I had more time to sit and think longer, but I have an interview to do right now and am pressed for time. I am sure there are going to be a lot of pot shots taken at this post!!! I am blaming LRCW for putting me on the spot with very little notice!!!!:irked:
  17. Fair enough, but in big part for the reasons you just mentioned, I do. No hard feelings! I am not a big fan of cole slaw, but don't get upset with those who are!
  18. By the way, if you would look at my original post, I stated that East had "good talent", wasn't trying to hide that fact.
  19. These are all just opinions guys. I don't anyone posting on this list is intentionally leaving anyone off the list that they feel should be there. Not everyone is going to see the same things in what makes a person a good coach. If it were only talent, winning percentage and titles, then it would be clear cut every year. There is no malice in my opinions about coaching. I looked at the coaches I have seen on the court this year (and I have seen every team at least twice except Menifee) and evaluated what I felt made them good coaches. That's all. We are very fortunate here in the 16th to have many great coaches, which makes a top 5 like this tough.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.