Everything posted by highschoolsportsfan
-
Officials Switching at Region Games
After witnessing the first 2 nights of the girls 16th region tournament, I NEVER want to hear anyone complain about 16th region officials again!!
-
Raceland 43 Bath Co. 37 / 16th Region 1st Round
Tis OK to disagree. I am not ALWAYS right, just most of the time;)
-
Raceland 43 Bath Co. 37 / 16th Region 1st Round
It was after a time out. The player came to the scorer's table during the time out. It doesn't matter any way, a player cannot enter the game until the officials waves her/him in.
-
Ashland 48 West Carter 38 / 16t Region 1st round
Was a very ugly game. West Carter scored the first 6 points of the ball game and then proceeded to score just 2 more in the entire half! Ashland missed several shots from point blank range. Stephens had 21 points, all in the second half, West was 0-11 from three point land. Ashland gutted it out behind the play of Ward and Wilcox.
-
Raceland 43 Bath Co. 37 / 16th Region 1st Round
And should have been administered in my opinion. Thanks for the comfirmation Scobby!!
-
Raceland 43 Bath Co. 37 / 16th Region 1st Round
There were 6 girls on the floor when the official gave the ball to the free throw shooter. If I read the rules correctly, the ball is in play at that point. I may be wrong on that point. But it was obvious that there were 6 on the floor when the Raceland shooter had the ball and ready to shoot. Perhaps one of our officiating friends can clear this one up for us. I am in no way taking anything away from Raceland, just making an observation concerning that particular play.
-
Raceland 43 Bath Co. 37 / 16th Region 1st Round
All in all, the officials did an OK job. There were a few times when things got a little sloppy, but all in all not a bad job by the men (and women) in stripes.
-
Raceland 43 Bath Co. 37 / 16th Region 1st Round
Raceland had 6 players on the floor while shooting a one and bonus. Wilson missed the free throw, a Bath Co player got the rebound but thought it was a 2 shot foul. People were yelling about 6 players on the floor, Coach Trimble was trying to get a player off the floor, the Bath Co girl turns and hands the ball to the official who was out of bounds. Raceland gets the ball back. Eventually gets fouled and makes 2 free throws to seal the game. Could have been a big swing if called. Can't see how the official at the table didn't catch it. He was standing right in front of me and I saw it! But that shouldn't take away from the Lady Rams who toughed this one out. I feel for Coach Arlen McNabb and his girls, it was a very bad no call. On a positive note, I LOVED the venue. Weatherby Gym is a great place for this tournament. I know some people said the floor was a little slick, but the atmosphere was great. The crowd was not all that large, but in that gym it was loud. If this game would have been in Ellis T., it would not have been nearly as exciting and fun to broadcast because the crowd would have been like bb's in a shoe box. I say have the girl's tourney there every year!! I am sure others have their opinions and that is fine. The teams may like the facilities better at the AAC, I don't know. But I enjoyed Weatherby!!
-
Raceland 43 Bath Co. 37 / 16th Region 1st Round
Thanks for the kind words my friend! I LOVE this time of year!!!!
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
The girls cannot play their first round in Ellis T because of the OVC tournament. The Eagles are hosting a game on Tuesday night.
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
That 5,000 seating capacity is based on the method of 12 inch bleacher seats, when figuring seating capacity today most places use 18 inch bleacher seats to do the figuring.
-
Coaching Situation at Rowan Co
I have heard that Coach Daniel is on a "leave of absence" until the end of the season and then will resign. My "Morehead source" has informed me that Rowan Co has been talking with former Ashland Head Coach and MSU Assistant Wayne Breeden and he is very interested in taking the Vikings job.
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
I agree.
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
I understand that logic. But this year you still have 4 schools that would have a longer drive than the other 4. If you want to make the drive fair for most schools in the region, have the tourney at East or West every year. They are centrally located within the region and are plenty big enough to host the tourney. I doubt BCMS holds much more than does East or West. Since home court advantage doesn't matter, this would be the fairest solution. Personally, I say have it at MSU every year and the fans will come!!
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
Based on what? I am not arguing with you here LRCW, just wondering why more people would come to a tourney in Summit than Morehead?
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
Why would it be a better gate?
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
I would venture to say that the KHSAA would see that as a Title IX violation unless you do the same for the boys.
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
Weatherby will be a great place to have the tourney. The last time I checked, the goals were 10 feet high, the free throw line is 15 feet from the rim and the 3 point line is 19'9". I like what Raceland Coach Bob Trimble said, "I don't care if we have to play outside, we're glad to be playing in the region." That is the attitude I like. It is what it is, let's play ball. I certainly hope no coach will use the venue as an excuse should their team lose.
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
What about the home court advantage for the Lady Lions if that happens?
-
16th Region Draw
Ah, but I can back up my statement. If I remember correctly East was ahead midway through the 3rd quarter of that first game before going stone cold and Ashland made a huge run. Also, Ashland beat Russell by 6 and 11 and Russell led in the 4th quarter both games, East drilled Russell by 13 a few weeks ago, Conner hammered Ashland in the Queen of the Bluegrass, ended up being 18 and wasn't that close, East got beat in OVERTIME by Conner in the semi-finals and actually had a shot to win in regulation but missed.
-
16th Regional Tournament first round picks
At the draw, MSU stated that they were going to "tack" the floor on Sunday to keep it from being slick. Then the teams voted to practice on the floor on Sunday. So I don't know if MSU will have the time to correct the floor or not.
-
16th Region Draw
Don't see how you can say East is not nearly as talented as Ashland, they beat some good teams this year and lost some tough games to good teams, in my honest opinion East might have been the second best team in region behind Rowan, they just played terrible against West in the district.
-
16th Region Pairings
I dare say that call will be unanswered or you will get a busy signal
-
16th Region Pairings
Rowan and Rose Hill played on December 20, 2005 Rowan won the game 72--59
-
Elliott County 78 East Carter 67
You make a good case, but this is not a fan (or media) vote. I am sure there are others who feel someone else should have been named also.