Everything posted by 1959
-
Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Seems like a stretch given there is no assigned seating and it’s going to be a packed house with folks looking to get a seat wherever they can. Good luck tho.
-
Should Semi-State be on neutral field?
I wouldn’t be opposed to it, but I think it would be easier, and make more sense if there were 4 classes instead of 6. In a perfect world, I’d go to 4 classes, get rid of the RPI, have a more geographical playoff system, play the semis on Saturday at 2 centralized neutral fields, 4 games each, and make the semis an event like the Sweet 16 and Championship Weekend. I’m sure it’ll never happen. But as many have stated, by the time you get to the semis, most of the time it’s a tossup who the better or more deserving team really is. Many are undefeated and a flawed RPI is the deciding factor.
-
What will it take for a NKY 6A State title?
As I understand it, this is the first year in quite some time that Highlands is playing in its correct class. The school has an exceptionally large sophomore class which may have been the deciding factor in them being bumped up to a legitimate 5A school, as opposed to a 4A team playing up. Which they had been doing.
-
What will it take for a NKY 6A State title?
Neither are even close to moving up. CovCath is 4A and Highlands is bottom 3 in enrollment for 5A.
-
What will it take for a NKY 6A State title?
IMO Campbell Co has the most potential to get it done if they can retain players. That may sound crazy, but Alexandria is exploding in population and there is no other large school in the area to poach players. Their middle school teams both won NKMSAA championships this year and varsity was a few plays away from winning the district. Gotta keep building, but I see a potential 10 year window, or until another school is built, where CCHS can do some things.
-
Cooper at Highlands Predictions/Updates
They both have D1 offers, as does their QB. It’s not speculation.
-
Interesting fact about the 12 state semifinal games next week
You’d be penalizing all the 1 seeds and lowering an RPI that they earned during the regular season. They have no choice in the matter and are forced to play the lowest seeds. That’s not going to happen. The current method is the most fair. If you don’t like your RPI in the playoffs, do better in the regular season.
-
North Laurel at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Can’t tell. But he needs to stay off the field or he’s gonna get flagged.
-
North Laurel at Highlands Predictions/Updates
27-0 and NLs coach is having a conniption fit.
-
Open Division State Championship
Are KY programs bound to the KHSAA? Would another entity be able to form on its own and draw teams to play in say an Open, All-Private or All-Public “league” or state playoff structure? I hear a lot of folks on here complaining about the KHSAA, the RPI, the number of classes, transfer rules, etc. Could someone else do it better, and get schools to buy in? I believe they could, although highly unlikely. I’d love to see someone try, for my own entertainment.
-
North Laurel at Highlands Predictions/Updates
- North Laurel at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Half of the current Highlands sophomores got whooped pretty good in 8th grade by NL (HMS 8th had two teams). There were a lot of cheap shots and personal fouls by NL that night, and the game got chippy. Tonight the Birds exact their revenge.- Cooper 49 Scott County 21
I guess Scott Co. missed the memo that District 6 got a little bit better in 2023. Good riddance. What an embarrassment to the game.- Cooper at Scott County Predictions/Updates
I’m surprised, but happy to see Cooper handling this one. Next week is going to be interesting.- Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates
TD Benke. 40-0 birds :05 to play in half. Clock is running.- Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates
If you weren’t already gone, Geisler just broke one for 59 and a TD. Missed PAT, 33-0 Birds. 5:00 in Q2. 2nd half is gonna be quick.- Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates
41 yd TD. Benke to Class. Missed PAT. 27-0 Birds- Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates
Wow. I don’t believe highlands has even passed yet. 21-0. Benke easily over 100 on the ground so far. 4:05 left in Q1- Dixie at Highlands Predictions/Updates
14-0 birds- Cooper at Scott County Predictions/Updates
If you mean me, you are correct that I have not seen Scott Co this season. I didn’t assert that they didn’t have athletes tho. I’m only stating that no team in NKY that I am aware of has had what Cooper touts and lost in the second round. They all won state. I’m not knocking Scott Co, I think they’re going to win. I would like to see Cooper produce something with this roster I hear so much about. They have definitely won the Facebook and IG Championship!- First High school NIL deal in Kentucky?
They’ve been at Corbin for 2 months. Plenty of time for this car salesman to get to know the boys and want to do something nice for them.- First High school NIL deal in Kentucky?
I hope so. I’ll be disappointed in humanity if there are aren’t. This is next level sleaze.- First High school NIL deal in Kentucky?
Agreed. This is pathetic. Anyone willing to give a teenager money to play for their HIGH SCHOOL team is an absolute loser. Get a life.- Cooper at Scott County Predictions/Updates
When was the last time a NKY team had such an abundance of talent, and what did they accomplish with it?- AI Generated Mascots
Nothing a little photoshop can’t fix up. Great starting point. Looks awesome. - North Laurel at Highlands Predictions/Updates