Everything posted by TigersofPaintsville
-
Paintsville 39 East Jessamine 24
East Jessamine has a big and experienced offensive line. They will win some games this year on those facts alone. Paintsville did well of settling down and some big plays on both sides of the ball turned the game around for them.
-
Different perspective: Who has a really good coach they need to keep?
Joe Chirico- Paintsville. Took over in 2013 when the program was in serious, serious trouble and legitimately could have folded. Now, they are a constant member of everyone’s 1A top 5 rankings. Johnson Central- Jim Matney. His record speaks for itself. He took over a sleeping giant and turned it into a consistent top 15 team regardless of Class.
-
Class 1A Championship: #1 Pikeville vs. #2 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Pikeville has 4. Their fans have been gracious enough to remind me of that fact, several times.
-
Class 1A Championship: #1 Pikeville vs. #2 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
I certainly understand why you picked Pikeville, they are a complete team. Only advantage, if it even is an advantage, is that Pikeville hasn’t played a game since Belfry (9-20-19) that they have had to break a sweat in the 4th quarter. That is mainly because they are that good and partly due to weak competition/ no competition. (Jenkins cancelled their season).
-
Paintsville 44 Kentucky Country Day 20
Want to take a moment to express my gratitude to Paintsville Head Coach Joe Chirico. He took over a program that was in a state of emergency. Numbers were way down and Paintsville was on the brink of potentially losing football. We were much closer to that outcome than playing for a state championship to say the least. Since his takeover, Paintsville has been a constant district, region, and even a state title contender just about every season. Incredible coaching job. Paintsville has a lot to be thankful for no matter what happens on Friday.
-
Will Pikeville put a running clock on Paintsville?
Is this a real legitimate question?
-
Championship games and RPI
From the 10,000 foot level it got the results it needed to get. However, seeding or “ranking” wise, I do not think 1A was correctly ranked. Paintsville and Pikeville should have been 1&2. They were 2&4.
-
Paintsville 44 Kentucky Country Day 20
Not sure. I doubt it is required or they would have been there. Guy told me it is only required to notify dispatch that a game is scheduled.
-
Class 1A Championship: #1 Pikeville vs. #2 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Grant Ray- Center. Injured it doing a chest bump after a TD. Just a freak accident.
-
Class 1A Championship: #1 Pikeville vs. #2 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Nobody is going to be surprised if Pikeville wins. It will really come down to if Paintsville can control the LOS like they have the past 3 weeks. Their OLine play has been dominant. However, so has Pikeville’s defense. Paintsville has to play mistake free and then probably get some help from Pikeville to pull this one off. Never going to make excuses and this isn’t one, just stating the facts, Paintsville is banged up; but we are going to show up and leave it out on the field! Go Tigers.
-
Paintsville 44 Kentucky Country Day 20
KCD has some nice players and #6 was as advertised. Paintsville however just simply dominated the trenches and rushed for over 450 yards. OLine created a surge all night and Paintsville did a good job of rotating ball carriers. It was nothing fancy and I think Paintsville ran but one offensive set the entire 2nd half. (Inverted bone). I want to congratulate KCD on a great season. Absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. I think they would in private concede that the better team won. I was disappointed that there wasn’t EMS at the game. Paintsville had a player suffer a nasty lower leg injury and it was a lengthy delay in the emergency response. Player injured is fine and back home recovering. On to that team from the South.
-
Team Travel Arrangements
With the way Paintsville normally travels I’m surprised they weren’t in Louisville on Monday, haha. Paintsville decided to leave at 11am Friday.
-
Class 4A Semifinal: #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins at #2 Johnson Central Predictions/Up
99.9% sure WSIP 98.9 Paintsville will have the game.
-
Class 2A Semifinals: #2 Somerset vs. #5 Breathitt County Predictions/Updates
Had the privilege of seeing Somerset in person. (not really a privilege because they did whatever they wanted against Paintsville in that scrimmage). They pass the eye test for sure. A team that has size, speed, and good coaching. In my opinion, BC just isn’t there yet but they have came a long way. Somerset 45 BC 20
-
Class 4A Semifinal: #7 Madisonville North-Hopkins at #2 Johnson Central Predictions/Up
I know nothing about their opponent but I know a lot about JC. They are very physical and will not beat themselves. Seldom ever have holding calls and their QB is a leader and makes greats reads. They will be very difficult to beat at home. Good luck JC.
-
Do you think we got the 4 best teams in Class 1A?
Paintsville might have a running clock put on them By KCD for all I know. However, I’m happy to travel to Louisville instead of going to Pikeville!
-
Do you think we got the 4 best teams in Class 1A?
I feel Pikeville, Paintsville, and Holy Cross are correct simply due to their overall body of work and what they have done in the playoffs. KCD is the unknown. They are 13-0 but I think most agree they are playing their toughest opponent to date this Friday.
-
Class 1A Semifinals: #5 Kentucky Country Day vs. #3 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Any word on if this game is being moved to another site?
-
Class 1A Semifinals: #5 Kentucky Country Day vs. #3 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Accurate statement, in my opinion. KCD’s schedule just leaves so many unknowns it is hard to judge them. I feel KCD’s offense plays into Paintsville’s strength on defense.
-
Class 1A Semifinals: #5 Kentucky Country Day vs. #3 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Haha! I’ll just follow the bus, hopefully they know where to go!
-
Class 1A Semifinals: #5 Kentucky Country Day vs. #3 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Any indication of where it may be played? I am not familiar with Louisville schools in terms of which ones have turf.
-
Class 1A Semifinals: #5 Kentucky Country Day vs. #3 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
It appeared to be rather sloppy in the last game against Crittenden County. I am all for moving the game to turf. Papa Johns would be just fine! I would say Cardinal Stadium but that turf is basically a thin rug over concrete.
-
Class 1A Semifinals: #5 Kentucky Country Day vs. #3 Paintsville Predictions/Updates
Paintsville’s defensive strength is run defense in my opinion. That’s going to get tested against KCD. KCD runs the single wing offense and wants to get numbers on the edge. I think it is safe to say that Paintsville is the best team KCD has seen thus far, but I don’t think anyone really knows how good KCD is due to their schedule. We will find out Friday.