Everything posted by Volxtile
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC run to 25. 4th and 3
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC pass going nowhere. 3rd and 3
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC pass to 26. 2nd and 3
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC pass to 32.
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC pass incomplete. 3rd and 4
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC run to 40. 2 & 4
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC run to 47. 1st and 10
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC pass to 50. 4th and 1
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC run to 45. 3rd and 6
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC run to 44
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
MC pass to 41
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
BG gets ball, punts. Running into the kicker on MC. BG 3 and out. Punts. MC ball on their 19.
-
Week 1: Where are you headed?
Watching the purples from the comfort of my couch because I’m too lazy to drive to Paducah!
-
Bluegrasspreps Mr. Football Watchlist (8/28)
At the least Vito could be used like Tre Fant was. Obviously I trust Spader and I think he’s a great coach, but if I were calling shots I’d at least get him a few touches a game. They very well could be saving him for later in the season, I have no clue honestly. As for his defensive stats, they may not be as flashy because most teams tend to throw away from him. He makes a huge impact on defense just by being on the field. Also, in the fourth quarter of the Raffertys Bowl he was begging to get one series on offense and the coaching staff just wouldn’t let him. The kid wants to win.
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
BG’s Dline aren’t necessarily huge but they’re very very good with their hands. They also implement tons of reverts to cause confusion, watch for the matchup between #69 Terrion Thompson and whoever he is up against. He’s outstanding with his hands and was throwing around FR’s Oline. The rest of the dline is solid, Bridger Knee is good too but he’s young. Overall they’re not bad but Terrion Thompson will wow you, he’s very underrated.
-
Father Ryan (TN) 24 Bowling Green 21
Yes, I know he is. He coaches the Oline much different than the past coaches, as I played there from 14’-16’. I have nothing wrong with him personally, but I believe the philosophy has changed. It’s always been get your best player in space. Yet they rarely got Dingle the ball, Vito played no offense, and they slammed Spader into the middle over and over. I understand they want to establish the run game, but their Oline isn’t as big as they have been and FR was much bigger. The first half play calling just wasn’t quite there. Now the third quarter was great. I think they’ll get it figured out, it wasn’t just the play calling or not playing Vito. It was a combination of things and I think they’ll be ok; it just really bothered me seeing them throw crossing routes and ISO over and over when the go route was open constantly and outside runs were working decently well. For instance, spencer had a wide open Fofonah on a go in the first quarter, but he overthrew him. They didn’t call that play again until late second quarter. I understand you can’t call the same play over and over, but it doesn’t matter if they can’t defend it.
-
Father Ryan (TN) 24 Bowling Green 21
If I’m not mistaken the offensive playcaller changed too. Spader doesn’t like to play people both ways, like I said, but normally if he has someone like Vito he’ll at least use him for jet sweeps, outside runs etc. I’m not going to name the play caller but personally I’m not very fond of them and think they run a middle school offense. They’d be better off with someone who’d give the ball to their best players. I’m also not fond of how he coaches his position but, that’s just my opinion and I’m not for sure if this is the reason why.
-
AP Rankings Ballot
Did they vote off which names they liked the most?
-
6A #10 McCracken County vs. 5A #5 Bowling Green Predictions/Updates
I think if BG gets Conner Cooper back and can use Vito more on offense like they did with Tre Fant, the sky is the limit. Until then they’re still strong but not a championship contender. The secondary needs to work out the mental mistakes and the defense will be fine. As for my prediction, I’m taking BG 35-7. Assuming they get CC back and he plays over Newman.
-
Father Ryan (TN) 24 Bowling Green 21
One thing about Spencer Newman I haven’t seen mentioned, he played in the LLWS at Williamsport so he definitely isn’t afraid of the bright lights. He may not be the biggest or most athletically gifted, but he’ll step up to the stage. I think he’ll be a great QB by his senior year.
-
Father Ryan (TN) 24 Bowling Green 21
Yes they were a two win team, but by no means were they bad. They had the size of a private school such as X, a great QB, and really powerful and big backs. Obviously BG should’ve and could’ve won but by no means was FR a slouch.
-
Father Ryan (TN) 24 Bowling Green 21
Imo, Vito can play both ways without getting tired. If he does get tired he can rotate with Evan Spader at least, at RB. I know Coach Spader tries to stay away from playing kids both ways but he can make an impact on both sides of the ball. As for the QB situation, it’s my understanding that Conner Cooper had to sit out for a team conduct violation. I’m assuming he’ll be back next week, but I’m not sure.
-
5A #5 Bowling Green vs. Father Ryan (TN)(8/24) Predictions/Updates
Missing starting QB really hurt them. Also some of the play calling is questionable. Maybe it was having a sophomore QB, I’m not sure. Father Ryan wasn’t a bad team at all though
-
Saint Xavier 38 DeSales 7
His system has always been to just get an athlete in space. So I expect Wallace to treat him like DeAngelo Wilson from BG in 2016, tons of screens, a few long balls, and a lot of short routes to just get him the ball and let him work.
-
Apollo 66 Warren Central 56
As a Bowling Green fan, I’m just glad to see they have a team back and are on the right track.