Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RocketsDad

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RocketsDad

  1. I see now Northern Kentucky Coaches Association. Thought it was an All-Regional deal and couldn't understand how they could vote with teams still playing and regionals not having been played. My mistake and nevermind!
  2. That is simply insane and people wonder why all time records are controlled by kids from out in the state!
  3. I think it is a great hire if it happens! There is talent there!
  4. I think there probably should be no doubt on this one. Great players in this class but she stands out completely!
  5. This made me laugh on so many levels!
  6. Have you seen the players I listed? If you don't want to say, that is fine and I only said I wanted to see the kid play. I am not sure why that is bad.
  7. No, you are making that inference and seem to have a chip on your shoulder about softball in Northern Kentucky. I in no way implied that to be the case about this kid. I want to see her play, and if that is a problem, I am not sure why. I love press about softball ALL OVER THE STATE as I want the sport to be as great as possible. If you took offense to me wanting to see the kid play then I apologize as none was meant.
  8. Allie Skaggs, SS/CF Ballard comes to mind immediately. Madison McCoy, 2nd base/CF Male, Maggie Metzger/CF/SS Assumption, Allie Puckett SS Sacred Heart, Teddy Nunn SS Eastern and I know I am probably overlooking someone from Butler, Holy Cross, Bullitt East, or Mercy, all of which are ranked in the top 20. Again, I want to see the kid play before I lay down the title of "best young SS/player in the state". If that is a crime, then sue me!
  9. Where are they playing this Summer? Would like to catch up and watch this kid. Again, I am sure she is very good but the talent in Jefferson County in the Freshmen and Sophomore class happens to be really, really good, so would like to see her play.
  10. I think we have played Kaos but don't recall her which means absolutely nothing as I am hearing more about her now. Our travel team is playing in Cleveland, Colorado, Atlanta and St. Louis so hopefully I can see her there as it doesn't appear that her high school team played anyone in Jefferson County last year or this year. Would love to see the kid play.
  11. Awesome and can't wait to see her play! I in no way suggested she wasn't as good as advertised, but know there is great talent all over the state and certainly a boatload in Jefferson County area. Looking forward to seeing her play. What travel team does she play with for this coming season?
  12. I keep hearing about this kid and how fast and smooth she is as a fielder. Really looking forward to seeing her play as we happen to have several freshmen and Sophomores in the Louisville area who are extremely fast and smooth as middle infielders and outfielders. Love watching great talent!
  13. I would think that could be said every year and probably for every sport! Tough jobs for the coaches to make these decisions I am sure!
  14. Trapped in an argument when I pointed out the obvious? And I have yet had one person tell me I am incorrect on the Neice, Berger and Harbison discussion. Are you people really this dense?
  15. Again, you are unable to read or unable to logically follow a conversation as the single comment that you selected to highlight was made in response to the poster who said they did not know who Harbison was. Do you not understand irony, sarcasm and pointing out the absurd? I seriously have to question your intellect. Please tell me that you are not a coach and/or a teacher? If so, it explains the pathetic state of our public schools. Otherwise, you didn't hit a nerve in the least. I am simply pointing and laughing at someone who can't comprehend a comparison between kids who played against each other and who were viewed in multiple venues. The fact that I have a life and don't sit around and frequent every flipping tournament is of no consequence because.......wait for it, wait for it..........I didn't say I was making a proclamation about the frontrunner for Miss Basketball. Rather, what I said was that if Neice was a frontrunner then Berger and Harbison should be frontrunners because guess what Einstein.............they are as good or better than her! That doesn't mean she shouldn't be in the discussion. That doesn't mean I don't think she is a great player. That simply means that having watched them play many times and play in the same game, but yeah, the LIT sucks!, they are in the same conversation with her. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU GET IT? Or will I get more irrelevant and illogical responses without any substance?
  16. Ah that's cute and great to see that you confirmed your inability to logically follow a discussion. You absolutely took one comment out of context as the context within which it was made was comparing the 3 players mentioned, i.e. Neice, Berger and Harbison. Obviously, you are intellectually unable to follow such a conversation or logically figure out why and how the comment was made. Having said that, it is laughable to suggest that I have only seen these kids play when they were beating my kids' team. That is illogical and stupid because I actually made my comments based upon watching those 3 players respective teams play when they were beating the daylights out of the SK team when Neice was probably the 4th or 5th best player on the floor. I would say the LIT is fairly high level but I am sure you will ignorantly dispute that as well or twist my words on it since reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit.
  17. That was one statement made in response to the statement about not even knowing who Harbison was, and I made it to demonstrate the absurdity of it. You have to read all of the statements together and can't merely grab one out of context and respond to it. And the statement was also made about Harbison and Berger IF (see that word there? Do you understand it?) Neice, who I have seen play, is considered a frontrunner for Miss Basketball. Having seen those 3 play, I have every right to say that comparably about those 3 players. Again, though, I qualified it by saying that I hadn't seen Robins so couldn't compare her to Harbison, Berger or even Neice. So don't take my statement out of context and claim that I said something that I did not say about Robins or about the overall race for Miss Basketball.
  18. I said I had as much of a valid opinion as someone who had not watched Harbison play and also didn't even know who she was. I never said anything other than that, never said Harbison was a lock for Miss Basketball and never said Robins should not be considered. So for the sake of a reasonable, rational discussion, please quit saying that I am saying things that I am not. This was not even a discussion with you about the subject and I in no way suggested your opinion was not valid. In fact, I admitted up front that I had not seen her play so I couldn't give an overall Miss Basketball assessment. Please learn to read before making a counter-point to a point that wasn't even being made. Thanks.
  19. And Male HS and Harbison have been at every major event so anyone who says they don't know who she is doesn't have a valid opinion either, right????? Or is this just the usual out in the state biased dig towards the players in the 6th and 7th Region?
  20. That's ridiculous and that is also why East Carter would probably be the 4th or 5th best team in many Regions.
  21. I have an incredibly valid opinion as I said straight out that I had not seen Robins play, but quite frankly, if you have not seen Harbison play and do not know who she is (as the original responder to me said) then YOU DON'T HAVE A VALID OPIONION! I have heard from many people how good Robins is but I have not seen her play which is why I said what a reasonable person would say. However, I have seen the SK girl and if she is a frontrunner for Miss basketball then that contest is a joke! She is a nice player, probably a second or 3rd team all state player but Miss Basketball? No flipping way and I don't have a dog in this fight!
  22. As I said on another thread, too many politics being played into this because I saw many of these players play eachother one on one and there is no way Ciaja Harbison is not a first team player and crazy that Cameron Browning from Male not on first 3 teams or Honorable Mention.
  23. Harbison is the reigning 7th Region Player of the Year and starting point guard for Male. I have no idea who Robins is but saw Niece play last year. She's definitely a fine player, but I find it hard to believe she is the frontrunner for Miss Basketball. Maybe she is given the "machine" that was mentioned, and I have seen stranger things given the politics in this state.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.