Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
Your right, than Foul shots.
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
I would like to know what you call "Bashing" ? Could you define it for me. I have only talked about his game. Saying someone doesn't play "D" or Rebound. ?
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
Stats don't lie find Jan 12, Ashland sports page. IT shows it all. I Guess the only stat that matters is point`s ? Greenup`s player has had a lot of big game after that, scoring, rebounding, and was 6-6 from 3 just last night. So do stats matter?
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
By the way is critiquing a player`s game Bashing ? I don't care where he goes to play after high school, but I hope for your peoples sake its not some one ESPN covers. Don't think you all could handle it. Cause they "Bash" day and night.
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
Avg only 20 shots a game . Really
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
To me 37 sounds good, till it was on 32 shots. And more than the rest of his team. I understand a teams top player , needs to step up in a big game. But you also have teammates that need some touches. Is my point, might have helped. And Greenup has a few shooter`s also 29 on Pig and Mason. Ashland paper posted stats 2 weeks ago, 5 different categories. Out of the 5 , Perry was in 4. One Greenup player beat him in 3 out of 4.Points per game average went to Jordan. The rest Rebounds , FT%, and 3 point %. Plus the Greenup player shot a hole lot more 3s . And another Greenup player at 15 points and over 8 Reb a game. May be we will meet, don't forget Morgan has to make Region also.
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
And yes weak shooting the 3 . Low 30%`s and if it wasn't for a few weak teams they played , and he made 5`-7 or somewhere close , it would be lower. Plus he doesn't shoot very many. Ashland paper had 16th and some 15 th teams stats. If You shoot 25- 30 some times a game and prob ave 10 to 14 FT. You should put up number`s.
-
Owen County 64 Morgan County 58 (All "A" State Quarter-Final)
I`m sure I`ll here about , I`m a hater, and don't have a clue. Looks to me if you can get Perry to shoot the 3, he struggles. He can drive , and get`s a ton of point`s on lay-ups and foul shouts. His out-side jumper , and 3 point shooting has always been his week point , when I have seen him play. And the season stats show how he is from 3. Didn't get his normal 10-14 fouls shouts, witch didn't help Morgan. And taking Half of the team`s shots , makes it hard for teammates to get a shooting rhythm . Sounds like Morgan ran into some Good "D" . Won All-A 16th and a game there. Not to bad, and still have the 16th Region left.
-
Greenup County 85 Russell 56
Yes the score was bad, but Russell played very hard the hole game. Played the end just as hard as start, I think that is worth mentioning cause most would have gave up. Greenup was just on fire, Gage Hughes was 6-6 from 3, 6-9 total from field, only missing 3 shots, and 1 was at buzzer 3-5 from line for 21pts 5 reb and 6 ast . Russell did a nice job of defending him in 2nd half. Only problem was Christen Wireman had 4 ,3s also (4-5 or 4-6) Jherrell Jackson`s 16 is about 10 over his avg. Mike Hubbert and Austin Grooms each had around 12 or so, and (guessing) both had double -double games. When Greenup score`s like they did tonight , and Mason game , plus others . They are very hard to beat, and there`s not a team in 16th that they cant beat , when they play like they can. Just needs to be more often , and the man- to man "D" is getting better. First time in 3 years man has been the main "D" for GC. Still more than a few games left , to work on it. Any night Hughes and Wireman are hot at 3, and Hubbert and Grooms drive and score in paint, Greenup is tuff to beat. Again Great job Russell for not giving up. Something to be proud of, says a lot about coach and players.
-
Mason County 67 Boyd County 54
Very true , And you was big on coach Biggs leaving , and Howell being a great pick . So far so good, and Good call on that. I thought it was crazy, but Howell out coached Tackett , witch is not much to brag about. The cats have won more than I thought they would.. Sorry got off topic on this thread ,
-
Mason County 67 Boyd County 54
Match ups do mean a lot, and that's where a good coach makes the right moves to give his team the best chance to win. Unless Greenup plays a team that has a big or 2, they match up well with all others. I also think comparing scores is big, when there wasn't a match up problem. IN this case Greenup matched up well with Ashland and Boyd,, Mike Hubbert got hurt early in Boyd game, didn't help. I think both ways can compare .
-
Mason County 67 Boyd County 54
Greenup beat Mason by 10 or so, than lost to Boyd by 15. Than Mason beats Boyd 13. Just saying Greenup is so up and down, Can beat a good Mason team , than lose to a 500% Boyd team bad. I know teams don't play there best every game, but it`s like Greenup is Good or Bad. No middle , Mason more than beat Ashland, Greenup didn't. My point is, with Greenup its like you have no idea witch why they will play.
-
Mason County 67 Boyd County 54
This Game sum`s up Greenup`s season. You never know ,what you`ll get.
-
Boyd County 77 Greenup County 62
Anderson can shoot it. Gage Hughes had 27 also, 5-10 from 3 and 8-16 overall. 6-10 ft and 7 rebounds. Christan Wireman was 4-6 from 3. The difference in the game was in the post and foul line. Boyd made there`s and Greenup couldn't hit the Ohio River from 3 feet. With the poor shooting Greenup was with in 10 around 2 min mark. Boyd was able to hang on, with foul shots. Another win , Greenup let get away.:arghh:
-
Tyler Sharpe
How many in career and his game .. Numbers?
-
Greenup Kid Commits
That was a good game, better if GC would have won. Got beat by a good team, very well coached , 2 really nice players. Good luck to them.
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
True only one can win, I was really thinking Greg Logan would get it , with a really young team and making it to final 4 , only to lose to Highlands. I have read nothing but good about coach Baioni, how he has changed Baseball at Highlands. I never meant any disrespect to him or team. My guy lost, and I was putting out what he had done. Greenup has hole team back, Hopefully they can make a run at a state title again , even with all that. Its still very hard to repeat. And thanks for a very nice post.
-
Greenup Kid Commits
How nice of you spindoc. For got to think you , for this post. Granted just a verbal. He still has 3 more years to prove him self. so will see, puts a ton of work in.
-
2016 class best in ??? Years?
Greenup Co, Brody Shoupe ,, Morehead ST... and Jared Hunt will play some where, herd a few d-1 schools have been asking.
-
Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
He is as tall as Jair. He was a big body kid, played a different style than Jair. Jair was a shot blocker, that can jump like crazy. A Good coach would know how to use them , put them in the best spot to get there best. Martin had a few good games, and most subs are not as good as starter. If used right , they could have played at the same time, and there wasn't a team in the 16th that had the size to handle both. I seen Martin show he had a chance to be a player, but wasn't worked with and didn't get to play much. Tackett is bad about playing kids a little one game , than the next 3-4 you don't see them. The way he subs is some thing I cant figure out.
-
Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
You can already see change, just wish coach Kidwell was the head coach. One of the worst things about Kidwell being ast , is if Greenup makes a big run in the tourney . Tackett will get the glory, that's a shame
-
Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
Call it what you want, doesn't bother me at all. I have a lot of respect for Greg and Steve , and the rest of his staff. They win, he teaches the game and treats each kid the same, form the D`1 players to the backups . Tackett could learn a lot from the way they coach. Different sport , but a lot is the same in coaching. I do show respect , and point out when things are done right. I just don`t bash all the time, just call it as I see it.
-
Greenup County 85 Mason County 77
1 - He lived out of a R.V. , he didn't move to Greenup so why leave. Sounds like he was turning thing`s around. A trip to region tourney ( win district ?) cause if they didn't , in my book not much to brag about. Or did he leave because he lost Region Player of Year, and I`m sure another or two good players. Then it would be back to loosing . So 1 good year out of 4, put that with Greenup 1 for 7, not counting this year. 2 - If a player comes to the head coach with a serious question , the coach smarts off to them. That's so respectable. So that made the kid not play this year, and he would have been a starter (in my book) or 1st guard sub. This right here shows even more how big of a joke he is.. There are times to joke and time`s you shouldn't , he must not know the when that is. 3- Tackett did switch defenses, 2-3 or box-1, triangle 2, and 1 I don't know the name of 3 guys man ,2 zone. Cant say I have seen the last one much. Greenup didn't play a team they couldn't match up with, and if Jair got in foul trouble put the next 6`8 guy in Marten. Had speed , and size. He has no clue how to use what he has. On "O" or "D" , like I said ask anybody in the 16th, they will say the same. Last year Gage Hughes was getting a Box-1 played on him a lot, It was brought up to Tackett, (buy a non coach) to try and do more picks or plays to get him open. Tackett said , we don't need our leading scorer, to score for use to win. That didn't work real well. Maybe he was smarting off . And as far ,as me talking to him. Wouldn't help a bit, I just sit and hope he leaves real soon. Nothing I say would help. All I know is a lack of coaching , has cost Greenup a lot of games and maybe a trip to RUPP. I hope you don't go around telling people (that know Tackett`s coaching ) how great he is. That's something you need to keep , to your self.
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
Just to let you know, coach Logan gets kids involved , and has tons of community support and help.. I guess we will have to disagree , on what Coach of the year means. So congrats to the coach, and Highlands team on a great season. As said before , it just wasn't Baioni s year. With sports you never know what will happen, but Greenup has there hole team back and 1 pitcher is healthy . So hopefully they make a strong run again , And coach Logan get what he has earned. And I have played a ton of sports, Baseball, and cant seem to figure out the other stuff you talk of. Hopefully Coach Logan can.. I Hope I didn't offend Coach Baioni , Highlands or Fans, I meet a few and they seemed to be good people.
-
Baioni Named 2015 Kentucky Coach of the Year
The dear god , mean`s I`m right. I thought that's how you felt.