Everything posted by X`s and O`s
-
Greenup County 49 Lewis County 48 (63rd District Semifinals)
No Greenup wasn't, the other coaches could see the talent Greenup has, a poor job using it. And Ashland wins every year, so I think they figured they would this year. Ashland`s talent is down a bit this year, in my op. That's how I came up with that. If a team wins a lot year after year it seem s no matter what they get a good preseason rank. happens in a lot of sports..
-
Greenup County/Raceland Predictions(63rd District Final-02/27/15)
Greenup has the players to win. If they play like they did VS Lewis , they will loose. The size advantage helps Greenup, should be a good game. If Greenup play`s like they could , would win by 15 , but they haven't all year so , I think it will be close. 52 -50 Greenup.
-
Greenup County 49 Lewis County 48 (63rd District Semifinals)
Picked 3rd ,ended up 10th or so. Need I say more. And my Op Ashland was over rated based on past seasons, that got them a high preseason rank. I think Ashland was going to have a some what down year,, just not what it was. Talent is down and they play some tuff teams.
-
Greenup County 49 Lewis County 48 (63rd District Semifinals)
The problem is the people from Greenup who think like you, with the same old thing Greenup always underachieve . That needs to change as much as the coach does. Greenup has won in the past , made the sweet 16 a handful of times , and the Baseball team wins a lot every year. They have a great coach and staff, who know the game , work hard, teach the game and win.. So it is very possible to win at Greenup. Harold is not the guy, I think a new coach would be a good start, and after a few years, if he doesn't cut it , find another. The 1 year and done before Harold was just crazy, 2 of them would have been good to keep, my choice was Nickel. Congrats to the kids on the win, Greenup is very capable of betting Raceland. I`m not a fan of the loose and move on, so I feel Greenup needs to win. In my OP not much to cheer about if you loose, even if you move on.
-
Greenup County 49 Lewis County 48 (63rd District Semifinals)
Wireman, Grooms and Shoupe, should all be playing more at times. Yes Wireman is a shooter, to help open up inside. Grooms stared half the year, was playing good and then Harold benched him, and had him playing jv at times. Now its like he`s lost out there. He`s a really good defender , rebounds and can score some. Shoupe didn't play at all, great man on man defender and deff need to be out there when pressing. And can score at times, play`s really hard. They are 3 good role players to go with Hughes and Jackson. Then Jherell Jackson and Martin can also play. Harold is really bad at knowing what each kid is good at. The bad coaching makes the talent look worse than it really is. 2 really good players and a handful of good role players should make for a good team, Unless Harold Tackett is on the side line.
-
Greenup County 49 Lewis County 48 (63rd District Semifinals)
How is it not classy to want a new coach? 3 years - 7wins , 13 , 11. That's a loosing season each year. Talking class, last night at the end of the game Harold jumped, pumped his fist, and ran around like he just won state. Now that's not very classy, last time I checked . I`m aloud to want a new coach, and many other people want one. Just may be there`s a group that doesn't want to underachieve ( players and parents). I had 4 different Lewis Co people say they couldn't believe Greenup only won 11 games. They said you guys (Greenup) should be betting us (lewis) by 30. Yes I have bashed Harold and I will till he`s gone, I have taken up for Coach Biggs, and Hampton , so it`s not just coach bashing. Guess if you don't like it Spindoc , you don't have to read. And anybody who thinks winning the 1st round district game is so big, well I don't even know what to say to that. Yes you need to win to move on, but its the first round, not the regional or sweet 16.
-
Greenup County 49 Lewis County 48 (63rd District Semifinals)
Lewis lead the hole game , till the last sec shot, Hughes hit a 28ft ,3 than stole the in bound ,it rolled between his legs to Jherrell Jackson who just made a crazy shot. I guess that's the way Harold drew it up, lets loose the hole game to a team that's ( 11 and 15) than with 11sec , Gage you make a 28 foot 3, than still the end bound, loose it between your legs to Jherrell. I don't owe him anything, but some gas money and a moving truck. The man has no clue, sit in a zone and let them shoot 3 , good game plan. MY op Hughes is one of the best shooting guards in 16th, got 3 shots in first half, and may be 3 or 4 in sec. Greenup`s offence was dead , no movement and not many plays. So if you all think that's a big win, I don't know what to tell you. Greenup did win , but Lewis really lost it... I`m happy for Greenup players, but Harold still needs to go
-
63rd Matchup Greenup Co VS Lewis Co (at LC )
This won should be a great game. Both teams won at home, giving Lewis Co a small edge since the 63rd is played at Lewis this year. Lewis Co always has a large crowed , and a great student section. In my OP this is a talent Vs coaching game. Witch is more important the talent or the coaching? Talent can win game`s , but I think coaching is more important. And the coaching edge is Lewis Co, Hampton would be my pick for coach of the year in the 16th. The talent for Greenup Co can cause a problem for any team, lead by Gage Hughes and Jair Jackson. Hughes had 17 pts in both games and 5 - 3`s at Lewis. Jair Jackson has been a double -double machine the last 3 or 4 game`s , leading the state in rebounds per game. And Christian Wireman can shoot the 3 with the best of them at times. Even with the coaching edge going to Lewis Co, I think if Greenup can stay out of foul trouble and play as a team they Win. I guess that over rides my coaching is more important edge, but I`m a Greenup fan so I have to pick them. My final is 56-50 Greenup.
-
Ryne Callahan Named 16th Region Player of the Year
That may be true, but it always helps to have good players to help out, I be 9 out of 10 players of the year come from the best team. Just seems to be that way. op is it shouldn't matter how good the team is, but how good the player, I`m guessing a last place team has never had a Player of the year. I think Callahan was the right pick.
-
Ashland 58 Russell 48
Just when I thought Russell was getting better maybe it`s Ashland? This time of year, things do tend to get a little crazy and unpredictable .
-
Austin Crawford becomes all-time leading scorer at Bracken County
Nice player, seen him at Greenup Co, didn't know he was a sophomore. Congrats to him. I`m sure we will here more about him..
-
Ryne Callahan Named 16th Region Player of the Year
Callahan is a better all around player than Perry. Pulse Rowan play`s a stronger scheduled, Callahan playing against better players. I have always thought to be the best player you have to do more than score. A I don't like and never have liked a senior only thing. It should be the best player ,not just senior.. It did work this year Callahan is the best.
-
Morgan County vs Rowan County Predictions
Rowan by 15. Rowan "D" to strong for Morgan,. Jordan Perry had a low scoring game last time, and I feel it will be the same tonight. Rowan guard`s play is better on "D" and just as strong on the offence side. Morgan just hasn't proved to me they are a top team. But you never know, Morgan could pull the upset.
-
Kyle Gullett Records Triple Double - Ties Block Record
Seen him at Greenup Co , nice player , shoots well out side from what I seen. Congrats on a great night,
-
Big men
I think a lot of coaches , forget that working the inside helps open the out side. A big man that can score and know when to kick it back out is very dangers. I`d say most teams that have a high scoring big and a high scoring guard , that combo . Win a lot of games.
-
Bracken County 57 Augusta 35
Seen them beat Greenup CO, seems they are on a good run. Great time of year to be playing your best.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Greenup Co got win number 10, with the help of Rose Hill and Bath co. (9&10). I really hope Harold , realize `s how bad he is and moves on. But I am sure in his mind , he thinks he does a good job,. And if Greenup makes a run like they did last year in tournament , Harold will say the same , he build`s his teams for the tournament. Witch is a bunch of bull. Harold please if you care , give it up.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Yep, only won 7 his first year, 13 regular season last year, and looks like may be 10 this year. I read he coached golf and cross country . May be he should go back to one of them. I really hope for the kids they win a few more.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Jair Jackson is a college player,(op) just not D-1, tall, jumps well , blocks shots and rebounds. But needs a lot of work on his shot , around basket and has no jumper. Has a ton of raw talent , witch will get him some small school looks. Should be avg more pt`s than he is. Hughes is a freshmen point/shooting guard was avg 16 a game a few games back, and is one of the top ,if not the top 3 point shooters in 15th and 16th ,in made 3`s and %. (Ashland daily independent stats ). Wireman is kind of a streak shooter (as a lot of 3point shooters are) but is very capable of making 6 or 7 , 3`s on any night. With the other players Greenup co has ,there is no way they should be 9-16!! And that's why the thread is need a new coach.
-
Morgan County 75 Lawrence County 74
Big win for Morgan, may be they can play with the big boys! ?
-
Bracken County 56 Greenup County 50
There where 3 kids on the bench that played in the game, 1 started. A dumb move by a dumb coach. The move didn't cost Greenup the game , but why would you do that?
-
Bracken County 56 Greenup County 50
For one Greenup just needs a better coach, and who are the other freshmen in the 16 that stand out, I might not realize they are a freshmen. With the right coach Greenup would be very dangers in the region. Jair and Gage could both be avg 20 a game with right system. The last 2 Games all Greenup `s did is give it to Jair, need balance, And have all year,
-
Bracken County 56 Greenup County 50
JAIR Jackson 6`7 sr center. Gage Hughes 6`0 fr guard . Jackson had a ton of blocks and rebounds , always does. I don't have his numbers. Hughes is a shooter , was cold last night, was avg around 16 a game. Really good ball handler and passer.
-
WANTED! New Coach at Greenup County
Last I herd, he stays with his sister. And lives down around Pikeville. I have also herd he stay`s at the school some in his office. That is all here say, I don't know for sure. IF anyone does know , please post.
-
Bracken County 56 Greenup County 50
First congrats to Bracken CO.. Greenup played really bad, player rotation was really bad, the offence was slow, no movement , and no ball movement. Talent wise Greenup was the better team, but talent didn't win this one.. Don't know how many times a Greenup player would make a couple plays, score a basket or two , then be taken out of the game. Then sit for a long time. In the 1st , Greenup up 8 (I think) Harold took Hughes out for the fine `ll 3 min, and the lead got cut down to 3 (I think). He wasn't in foul trouble, so I don't know. Brody Shoupe started and played well when he was in, and at the end ,less than a min to go Harold sub`s a kid was had not played 1 min the hole game or very many this year. With Shoupe and Grooms sitting there. And on top of that Grooms who started a lot of games this year, and in my op should still be , played half of the JV game, just crazy. When he was in the varsity game he scored , played good D and rebounded, but than would be taken out real quick. I have no clue what Harold is doing, other than not winning game`s .