Everything posted by soccerlogic
-
Summit Country Day (OH) 3 Covington Catholic 2
I would agree with most of what was said except that CCH out played Summit. I would say it was pretty even. Both teams had their moments. Summit did create more scoring opportunities than CCH, but couldn't convert. CCH had 15 people on the field, 11 players, 3 refs, and the time keeper. It was shocking to see how blatant the ref was in helping CCH. The center ref doesn't call a clear foul on Summit's striker that should have been a penalty. And then towards the end of the game, the refs were calling bogus fouls near Summit's box. On top of that, the time keeper, stopped the clock when it they felt like it. They stopped the clock after CCH's 2nd goal and didn't start it again until after the whistle blew and then when a CCH player went down with cramps, the clock stopped before the ref gave the sign. Truly amazing This doesn't take away the fantastic effort the CCH boys gave last night. They were well organized and showed a lot of heart.
-
Summit Country Day @ Covington Catholic
Most important measuring stick is a personal thing. What I think is important you may not. And that's fine. At the U16, U17 age groups, Ohio ODP is full of some very average players and a couple of some pretty good players. I would say those committed to play in college would be a good measuring stick. D1, D2 D3 doesn't matter. If you're going to play at that level, you are a good player. It's definitely a good indication of the quality of players on the team.
-
Summit Country Day @ Covington Catholic
Who cares about ODP? That's just silly. More importantly, how many D1 players do they have? Like stated before, they seem to be stacked with some of the top Club players in the Area. Now that the game was moved to 7pm. I plan on attending. Should be a quality match.
-
Summit Country Day @ Covington Catholic
IMO If CCH is going to have a chance, Jeremy will have to play a 4-5-1 and get the boys to play defense as a unit, clog the middle and take their chances. I agree with That's What She Said, CCH will be constantly under a lot of pressure. They will have to be patient, take the pressure and wait for their chances. The chances will come. Summit plays a 3-5-2, the chances will come on counters. CCH will have to finish the few chances they will get. Summit will score, NO DOUBT. It's just how many and can CCH finish the few chances they will get.
-
Summit Country Day @ Covington Catholic
I have seen both teams play: Summit is better this year than they were last year. CCH is worse this year than last year. Summit will dominate the midfield and hence possession, they have the best midfielders CCH will face all year. I'm pretty sure they are all D1 prospects or have committed already. Someone can clearify if they know. Let's not forget last year, that CCH barely touched the ball in the 2nd half. This year, Summit beat Elder 5-2, Sycamore 8-1 & 7Hills 4-0. The avg spread on all their wins has to be like 5 goals. Last year's leading scorer is actually starting this year. From what I was told, Summit was beating St. Benedict's for most of the game and St. Benedict's scored 2 in final 5 mins. Summit 5 CCH 1
-
Cooper's greatest ever commits to Evansville.
Yes Congrats to Adam. What happened that he is not playing?
-
Cooper vs Covington Catholic
On paper, Cov Cath should win. CCH has a better defense and better midfield. Cooper has ASnow. I would count on 1 or 2 going in from Snow. So if the good Cov Cath team shows up, they will put in 3 or 4 on Cooper. Like last time. If the team from tues shows up, Cooper will win. Either way it should be for a fun game.
-
Summit Country Day (OH) 5 Covington Catholic 3
OTB, Groinpull, gameplayedright, your analysis is 100% correct. Also though, it was a beautiful night in a scenic stadium, what a beautiful place to play. I think the speed of Summit's play and the constant pressure wore CCH down. Summit's midfield continually played one, two touch throughout the entire night causing the CCH boys to chase a lot more than they are used to. I should say, it looked like Jeremy went to a 3-5-2 in second half to combat Summit's 3-5-2. I don't think it worked because Summit then controlled more of the game and CCH didn't score. Really CCH only had 1 or 2 decent scoring opportunities in the 2nd half. Good luck to both teams I think they should both go far in tournament.
-
Cov Cath vs Summit 10/6 Predictions
My understanding is that Summit is still a young team. They only lost 1 starting senior from the team that made it to the Ohio State semis last year, but he was the kid that scored most of their goals. They will be a good team, no doubt, but, I think, and someone correct me, their midfield a bunch sophomores and maybe a Jr thrown in. Is that correct? If so, I think our more senior team has the advantage. Then CCH being strong on Defense, should give CCH the win. I do think depth will be an issue, Summit is a D3 school,which means they have a small enrollment. CCH has a deep bench and can wear teams out. Summit probably only has a good core group of 5 or 6 players, but i'm not sure of what they have after the 6th player.
- Cov Cath vs Summit 10/6 Predictions
- Cov Cath vs Summit 10/6 Predictions
-
Updated Maher Rankings 9-6-15
Elder is ranked #10 in the Ohio coaches poll. OSSCA State Poll 2015 - 09/07 Last Updated on Sunday, 06 September 2015 22:32 Published on Sunday, 06 September 2015 22:32 Written by Sean Humenansky Please note: Rankings and record do not include Saturday's results. BOYS DIVISION I 1. St. Ignatius (Cleveland) 5-0-0 100 2. Jerome (Dublin) 4-0-0 81 3. Beavercreek 2-0-0 67 4. Mason 2-0-1 63 5. Coffman (Dublin) 2-0-1 60 6. Solon 3-1-1 46 7. Medina 3-1-0 42 8. Findlay 3-0-2 26 9. Olentangy Liberty (Powell) 1-0-0 22 10. Elder (Cincinnati) 4-0-0 15
-
Newport Catholic @ Ryle Predictions
To gameplayedright I would think that kind of schedule would make NCC on point and playing at a high level. To your other point, you have to play good teams in order to get better. Also, NCC can score and Ryle has had trouble scoring. Ryle does have a good defense but I don't think it will be enough. Also, don't forget, NCC will out wear down Ryle due to conditioning.... ha ha :banana: I had to add that.
-
Newport Catholic @ Ryle Predictions
Exactly!
-
Newport Catholic @ Ryle Predictions
This one's easy. NCC wins by 2
-
Elder (OH) 1 Covington Catholic 0
A Fun game to watch for sure. Both teams fought hard and played well. Cov Cath is lucky that it wasn't 3-0 in the first 10 mins into the game. Sabato had 2 point blank opportunities he shot over goal. Cov Cath got a good rhythm going in the first half and looked like they were going to control game. In the second half, I thought Cov Cath looked tired and uninspired. They kept giving up the ball on bad passes and not contesting 50/50 balls. Finally with about 8 mins left, Cov Cath found some energy and starting pressing and created a couple of good scoring chances they just missed. Whatever the score should of / could of been, I think the better won. It was the correct outcome. I thought the Ref was consistent and fair with both schools.
-
Covington Catholic vs. Elder (OH) Predictions
Elder will be a good test. IMO of the Ohio schools Cov Cath plays, they are the second toughest. Summit will be the toughest. McNick 3rd toughest. Elder's Joey Sabato is a hell of a player. A definite game changer. If Cov Cath's defense isn't ready and playing well, Joey could light them up. Although, with friendly Ky refs helping, Cov Cath could do well.
-
It takes a Village - a large village
Tonight's match up CCH & Walnut will be a good litmus test for CCH. Ibra is a fantastic player and can ruin many teams night. BUT, I don't think Walnut has the depth they've had in the past. If CCH can neutralize Ibra and make the rest of Walnut try to win, I believe CCH wins. I am assuming CCH is at full strength. Elder has Sabato. Just 5 '2 and fast as lighting. Same scenario as Walnut. If CCH can neutralize Sabato and make the rest of team play. I believe CCH wins this one. Again assuming CCH at full strength. Summit is a team full of top level club players. Summit will have 80% of the possession. They have out possessed all 4 D1 teams they played in pre-season scrimmages. Which means nothing. But they are a young team. They are different than the other Ohio teams in that they don't have just one dominant player to mark. If CCH can figure out how to get the ball from Summit and use their age, a physical playing style, and play as a team, CCH could win this one too. Seven Hills - lost 12 seniors from last year. They have a young and not very talented team. What they do have is a fantastic coach who will have them ready. Terry Nichols will get the best out of a mediocre team. CCH wins this. Don't know much about McNicholas.
-
It takes a Village - a large village
OTB Found on Cincinnati.com Coaches poll D1: Walnut (6) Elder (2) D2: McNicholas (3) D3: Seven Hills (3) Summit CD (1) IMO Summit will be the toughest game CCH plays of all these schools.
-
What game is circled on your schedule.....
Summit plays that St. Benedict's team every year. The Summit program understand the value of playing the toughest schedule they can. They are not so worried about regular season win/losses, like too many high school coaches are. They play and train to get ready for the state tourney. That is probably why they have been in the finals or semi-finals the last 4 years. St. Benedict's is allowed to have D.A. players on their roster, as well as, national team players from the U.S and caribbean nations. They are a fun team to watch.
-
Covington Catholic 1 Summit Country Day (OH) 1
From what I saw, Summit outplayed CCH and had 70-80% of the possession. It definitely looked like a Senior team against a Freshman team, CCH was bigger and more physical and that helped them a lot in the game. Technically Summit was better. Overall a fun game to watch. Summit coach sub'd second string players with about 5 mins left in game. That is how/why CCH got their last second goal.