Updated Maher Rankings 9-6-15

SoccerFan8

Not a lot of movement inside the top 10, Daviess drops one spot to #9 after a loss to Bowling Green and Woodford jumps to #5 after a victory 1-0 over Tates Creek. Any thoughts?

1 Bowling Green

2 Paul Laurence Dunbar

3 Trinity (Louisville)

4 Henry Clay

5 Woodford County

6 South Oldham

7 St. Xavier

8 DuPont Manual

9 Daviess County

10 Covington Catholic

11 Tates Creek

12 Scott

13 Ballard

14 Madison Central

15 St. Henry

16 Montgomery County

17 Bishop Brossart

18 Louisville Collegiate

19 Kentucky Country Day

20 Mercer County

CovCath drops one spot after losing 1-0 to Elder....one of the best teams in Ohio.....and beating Holmes (not really in the rankings I know, 5-0)

I know Elder is good, Ohio Coaches Poll doesn't have them in the Top 10 in Division I in the state:

1. St. Ignatius (Cleveland)

2. Coffman (Dublin)

3. Jerome (Dublin)

4. Beavercreek

5. Solon

6. Copley

7. St. Johns Jesuit (Toledo)

8. Mason

9. Olentangy Liberty (Powell)

10. St. Xavier (Cincinnati)

The local Enquirer coaches poll for Cincinnati area Div I has them at #2 :

1. Mason

2. Elder

3. Lakota West

4. St Xavier

5. Turpin

6. Lakota East

7. Fairfield

8. Moeller

9. Lebanon

10. Sycamore

Elder result doesn't effect KY Maher Rank. Beating #135 Holmes by a score of 5-1 at home doesn't help Maher rank. It should be no surprise that there has been no movement for CCH in Maher rank since last release.

Now if (#16) MoCo beats (#5) Woodford County at home and (#14) Madison Central away, that would help MoCo Maher rank and should benefit CCH when they beat MoCo convincingly away on Saturday. It'll be interesting to see the week play out. Lots of good games.

St. Henry beats #4 Henry Clay and moves up a single spot? Henry Clay stays in the same position. LOL

Henry Clay's Scaled Rating fell by 0.75 and St Henry's rose by 0.68. How many spots you move depends on how tightly packed the teams are around you in terms of their Scaled Rating. St Henry beat Henry Clay at St. Henry 2-1. If it had been an away win for St. Henry or more than a 1 goal differential it may have made both teams move even more.

For comparison, if CCH's Scaled Rating had gone up by 0.68 they'd have moved up two spots and be #8 . If CCH's Scaled Rating had gone down by 0.75 they'd have dropped 4 spots to #14 .

CCH has their chance to move up in Maher next Saturday with a decisive away win over MoCo. St Henry can challenge to move up and crack the top 10 when they host Trinity on Saturday. Should be interesting. Unless you think Maher is crap. Then it's just LOL.

Henry Clay's Scaled Rating fell by 0.75 and St Henry's rose by 0.68. How many spots you move depends on how tightly packed the teams are around you in terms of their Scaled Rating. St Henry beat Henry Clay at St. Henry 2-1. If it had been an away win for St. Henry or more than a 1 goal differential it may have made both teams move even more.

For comparison, if CCH's Scaled Rating had gone up by 0.68 they'd have moved up two spots and be #8 . If CCH's Scaled Rating had gone down by 0.75 they'd have dropped 4 spots to #14 .

CCH has their chance to move up in Maher next Saturday with a decisive away win over MoCo. St Henry can challenge to move up and crack the top 10 when they host Trinity on Saturday. Should be interesting. Unless you think Maher is crap. Then it's just LOL.

Saying it's crap may be a little strong but I've made no secret that I think it's a flawed system at best. I only comment on it because it keeps getting posted on here as if there is some validity to it. St. Henry beats the #4 team and moves up a single spot and the #4 team does not drop at all? That's not a good system. Road/home wins are vastly overrated in Maher. It's high school soccer and venue just doesn't matter that much.

I know Elder is good, Ohio Coaches Poll doesn't have them in the Top 10 in Division I in the state:

1. St. Ignatius (Cleveland)

2. Coffman (Dublin)

3. Jerome (Dublin)

4. Beavercreek

5. Solon

6. Copley

7. St. Johns Jesuit (Toledo)

8. Mason

9. Olentangy Liberty (Powell)

10. St. Xavier (Cincinnati)

s.

Elder is ranked #10 in the Ohio coaches poll.

OSSCA State Poll 2015 - 09/07

Last Updated on Sunday, 06 September 2015 22:32

Published on Sunday, 06 September 2015 22:32

Written by Sean Humenansky

Please note: Rankings and record do not include Saturday's results.

BOYS DIVISION I

1. St. Ignatius (Cleveland) 5-0-0 100

2. Jerome (Dublin) 4-0-0 81

3. Beavercreek 2-0-0 67

4. Mason 2-0-1 63

5. Coffman (Dublin) 2-0-1 60

6. Solon 3-1-1 46

7. Medina 3-1-0 42

8. Findlay 3-0-2 26

9. Olentangy Liberty (Powell) 1-0-0 22

10. Elder (Cincinnati) 4-0-0 15

Wouldn't that be nice if KY had a coaches poll where all the coaches participated

Looks like 10 coaches participate in the OSSCA poll. Nice job by Elder to move onto the top 10. I'm sure beating a very strong CCH team helped them out.