Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

vansmetal

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vansmetal

  1. This is probably a dumb question, but remember I'm not the smartest:) Are the divisions according to school size and if so, what's the number of students that have to go there to qualify the school for that particular division?
  2. I wonder why? It showed them playing Calvary and in the regular season it looked like a good game according to the score. Hopefully alls well with them.
  3. I'm a Camel fan, and I personally don't like to see Brossart lose. It stinks that how a few girls and even sometimes one can make a big impact on a team, but I think quite a few teams are like that and it's ok. Facts are facts and Brossart has owned Campbell for along while and I would love to see it change and maybe it will or maybe it won't. Regardless, I hope all the teams in our district kick butt, b/c it will make all the teams better. Next week Campbell starts the district tournament against Scott, and I hope Scott brings their very best game. Who wants to play a team at their worst, it helps no one. Anyways, good luck to Brossart, Silver Grove, Calvary, Campbell, and Scott in districts....play like it's your last game and cheer on the teams that advance and hopefully we can get one of our own in the state tournament.
  4. I agree. I had to go to an Ohio based website, which I can't think of the actual websites name to find out about travel ball stuff...If I'm not mistaken, somebody on BGP directed me there. I found it hard to find tryout dates for select teams in northern Kentucky, and had to call around/email and only got in touch with two teams (one of which was beyond my daughter's skills).
  5. I think the top ten have enough talent to possible win on any given day against one another, but what's gonna separate them(?)......the mental side will, along with laser focus for those few seconds before and after a pitch. It's starting to heat up and you can't lose sight of your goal.....
  6. I haven't been able to watch as much varsity as I would like, but I thought Mallory looked better and better each time I've watched her. If I'm not mistaken, she's been pretty much behind the plate her whole high school career. So, it's pretty awesome to hear a so called 1st year pitcher doing well. They've hung in some tough games with some really good teams this year and maybe it's gonna payoff come district tournament. Congrats Camels and congrats to NewCath on the win tonite.
  7. It was soccer, now band.....when will it ever end:)
  8. She needs to have a little practice at being nice to those poor little softballs. Softballs have feelings too:) Nah, I'm just kidding, keep on smacking em, but please do it behind closed doors not on the field for everyone to witness....this is where I need to figure out how to put the emoji rolling around laughing..but not sure how on phone other than this one:)
  9. Final from Dry Ridge Congrats to Campbell County for hanging in there and to Grant County for putting up one heck of a fight.
  10. 3 weeks in a roll at #10 Camels.....Don't give up, keep pushing through!!!! Congrats to all the top ten, your right around the corner from laying it all on the line and maybe making the poll a liar! I just want to see any Northern Kentucky team advance to state and put up a good showing:)
  11. I'm sure a lot of parents are glad their DD won't be facing them. They flat out induce panic and chaos pursues. They are by far the best freshman team I've seen, and as long as they stick together their future is looking bright. It was definitely smart on NewCaths coaches part to grab the youngsters and start building. Those coaches have done a nice job with those young ladies. Yall are setting an example of what teams should be working toward. Keep up the awesome work:)
  12. Hats off to NewCath freshman team. Their aggressiveness got the Camels on their toes and the errors started to pile. NewCath was pretty much flawless in both games and they definitely don't let off the gas. Congrats!!!!!
  13. This should be a good game to determine how far along each team has come since the 1st double header. What will round 2 bring????
  14. I'm stupid and misread it. Where's my brain whin I need it
  15. I guess it does sound like I gave it to her dad. I gave it to one of the girls since they asked, then went around the dug out to hear her dad say they have plenty and give it back to the ump. The only blue you might see me in is UK blue(then again one day I could be eating those words:)).
  16. Your right, when I delivered it her dad gave it back to the ump b/c they had to many. They should be on that show about hoarders.....watch your step or you'll twist a ankle on a homerun ball(s) What a problem to have:)
  17. They should of Graybill proofed the field with a 8 ft tall fence as well. That shot was a line drive. I should of kept that ball and sold it on eBay for a premium:) It did end up being an exciting game. I was glad to see the Lady Camels fight to the end against the Lady Birds.
  18. I passed it along to some others that are apart of varsity that were unaware of the interview. Hopefully, cn2 will do more softball stories and it just might spark some more interest in the sport around NKY.
  19. Thanks for the link. I'm surprised to hear about the interview here on BGP first. It has to be the link between being volleyball coach at Villa and softball coach at Campbell:) Nice interview!
  20. All I got to say is......2 weeks in a roll ranked at the dime spot.....Woo-hoo go Camels
  21. St. Henry 13 Campbell County 12 Campbell County 3 Simon Kenton 2 Two close games for the Camels, both opponents did a great job. I really enjoyed both games. The girls from all the teams still have a long road ahead....keep up the great job ladies. Very nice tournament put on by the Cru. Thanks for having us out:)
  22. Earlier today I was gonna post this, then got busy. Glad to see Cru Bat Boy posting this. Good luck to all the teams tomorrow. I'll be there rooting for the Camels, but hope to see some close games, even though I think I get more nervous than the girls do.
  23. Ok, I watched it and started laughing about how Brooke says dad isn't allowed on the mound. I think all girls probably think that about there dad especially if he's the coach:) I picture my daughter rolling her eyes at me, then laughing and saying she's joking. The best thing was to hear how all the girls feel like family and that is so much better than a win, b/c when you stick together you've already won. #Good Stuff!!!!!!!
  24. That is awesome. That should get them pumped. Just maybe, they'll be the face of getting more young girls to come play softball. Keep up the good work and I enjoy reading about your program going in the right direction.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.