Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 8 Campbell County 7

Featured Replies

Just had to beat me to the punch didn't you.

 

Birds started a little erratic tonight committing three errors early. Then jumped out to a 8-2 lead until the bottom of the seventh when the camels had some well placed hits to plate 5 runs. Sara Tehaar for CCHS had a nice day at the plate with a couple doubles on three hits.

 

For the Birds Graybill had another blast that cleared the 220 fence by 20 feet. When she squares up look out. Spencer picked up the win and the Birds head to Dixie tomorrow night for a game under the lights.

  • Author

LOL! Glad to finally meet you! Sorry I couldn't stick around for the JV game. I was hot and the sun was in my eyes! Whoever designed that field did a poor job utilizing the space available in order to have bleachers on both sides.

Same here. ...that long drive home was a killer. The Camels have a pretty nice team an surely don't quit.

 

The line on the game was

HHS. 8. 14. 4

CCHS. 7. 14. 3

Camels gave up some unearned runs that didn't help, but Graybill crushed the HR. Probably the farthest hit ball at that park (dead center). I really agree on the design for the field. There is another 40 feet of flat ground after the outfield fences. Could have easily moved the field up inward to get off the hill. As for the parking that was designed to make you buy a beverage after the long hike.

Camels gave up some unearned runs that didn't help, but Graybill crushed the HR. Probably the farthest hit ball at that park (dead center). I really agree on the design for the field. There is another 40 feet of flat ground after the outfield fences. Could have easily moved the field up inward to get off the hill. As for the parking that was designed to make you buy a beverage after the long hike.

 

Regarding the field alignment. It was originally the slow-pitch/fast-pitch field and the backstop and dugouts had already been there so no way they could demolish the dugouts and move everything out and rebuild everything. It is still a beautiful field. Best seat in the house is in the outfield in a lawn chair or on the hill.

They should of Graybill proofed the field with a 8 ft tall fence as well. That shot was a line drive. I should of kept that ball and sold it on eBay for a premium:) It did end up being an exciting game. I was glad to see the Lady Camels fight to the end against the Lady Birds.

They should of Graybill proofed the field with a 8 ft tall fence as well. That shot was a line drive. I should of kept that ball and sold it on eBay for a premium:) It did end up being an exciting game. I was glad to see the Lady Camels fight to the end against the Lady Birds.

 

You won't get much for it.

She hits so many that they are more of a commodity...

:)

Campbell's entire sports complex is my favorite in NKY. Great setting. Great fields.

You won't get much for it.

She hits so many that they are more of a commodity...

:)

Your right, when I delivered it her dad gave it back to the ump b/c they had to many. They should be on that show about hoarders.....watch your step or you'll twist a ankle on a homerun ball(s):) What a problem to have:)

  • Author
Your right, when I delivered it her dad gave it back to the ump b/c they had to many. They should be on that show about hoarders.....watch your step or you'll twist a ankle on a homerun ball(s):) What a problem to have:)

 

So that was you? I was standing right by the HHS dugout when you brought the ball over. White pants/Highlands polo. If only I had known...

So that was you? I was standing right by the HHS dugout when you brought the ball over. White pants/Highlands polo. If only I had known...

I guess it does sound like I gave it to her dad. I gave it to one of the girls since they asked, then went around the dug out to hear her dad say they have plenty and give it back to the ump. The only blue you might see me in is UK blue(then again one day I could be eating those words:)).

  • Author
I guess it does sound like I gave it to her dad. I gave it to one of the girls since they asked, then went around the dug out to hear her dad say they have plenty and give it back to the ump. The only blue you might see me in is UK blue(then again one day I could be eating those words:)).

 

No no...I was in white pants and blue polo - it was a Highlands shirt, not UK.

No no...I was in white pants and blue polo - it was a Highlands shirt, not UK.

I'm stupid and misread it. Where's my brain whin I need it

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.