Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BillNye

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BillNye

  1. Isn't the Mr. Football award for seniors only? I could be wrong, I remember they went back and forth on it a few years ago.
  2. No idea. Twins were originally from KY so I'm not sure.
  3. No doubt. The timing more than anything is what caught my attention.
  4. Welp.. That's convenient!
  5. That's the most fun/tragic scenario ever.
  6. I expect Scott County to be very formidable and with the right draw they could really make some noise! They have a nice senior class.
  7. They "won" the scrimmage last year too, FWIW. For a half of football, I say that's a great showing and it's not enough. Tough crowd. What more could you be fishing out of me Ru ?
  8. Without knowing much of what happened, if that was the half time score I'd say that's a great showing for SC all things considered. Good luck this season!
  9. I was going to ask the same. Details would be nice.
  10. I know Highlands was fantastic up front last year, and I would really have to rewatch that second game to confirm it... buuuuut, I just have a really tough time believing they didn't send a double to him at least a time or two, or even slid their protection to him to have a couple bodies responsible. It's not a knock to have to game plan for Alexander. If anything it would show me that Highlands was very prepared for what they had to deal with.
  11. Hey @ApolloFan98, do you have a link for iTunes/Apple yet?
  12. Agreed, that gives it more of a Clemson feel IMO.
  13. To me, it looks like the old burnt red Louisville basketball uniforms back in the 2012-2014 years that I just thought were putrid. Happy to see a small school like Paris get turf though!
  14. Not to be a debbie downer, but that is hideous.
  15. Barren had games last year where they played up to their competition for solid stretches, and then had games where they had their doors blown off against teams that I really didn't think they had any business getting blown out by. Typically a 5-6 year at Barren County is deemed a success, and they have plenty of pieces returning that would make you think they have the capability of winning some games. I tend to agree with you though P88, the coaching turnover leaves cause to pause and I can't help but wonder what difference, if any, it will make.
  16. CAL is obvious, but Lex Cath and Central would compete pretty well IMO. May not always win against the top 2A schools, but certainly capable. Historically, Belfry would have something to add to this but I'm unsure of what they look like going in to the season or what their expectations are.
  17. You're not the first person to push back on me on the Cardinals. It certainly wouldn't surprise me. Much like Highlands, they have had let down after let down since being moving to 5A.
  18. Agreed, with a bit of bias! ? I think the Cooper and Scott Co will duke it out for the close second you mentioned but I have a hard time seeing the Purples going down with as much talent as anyone returning in class 5A. Stranger things have happened but I would say all five others would be better choices as less likely to repeat IMO.
  19. Must admit, a bit surprised at the amount of Boyle County selections. Is this all because of replacing Dawson and Bodner? Or the other top 4A teams improving enough to catch them? A combination? I feel like I remember a few posters this offseason saying this team had the potential to be better than last years Boyle Co squad. Has that fire simmered a bit?
  20. With the season approaching, I think all six teams from their respective classes have a legit shot at repeating this season. My question is pretty straight forward though, which champion do you think is most prone to being bounced this year?
  21. He's an outstanding watch. Top 2-3 may be a little much for my taste, but I would not sleep on Isaiah. His measurables are ultra nice and with the production he had last season, I find myself wondering why his recruitment hasn't been more active than what it is currently. With only an EKU offer, you have to think more than just the Colonels would want him, and judging by his twitter he has hit the camp circuit hard this summer to ensure people know his name. I think he is due for a big, big year.
  22. Heard nothing but really good things about Atherton at the EKU 7v7. Not that that’s the end all be all, but from what I was told they looked like they belonged on the field with just about everyone they played. I’m interested to see what their line play will look like, but from what I’m hearing they have some very nice pieces.
  23. Not wrong at all. Truthfully, I really struggled to fill that ten spot. I have zero issue inserting a team like Graves or Woodford in there. The 10-15 range (IMO) is wishy washy to me. I find myself overly invested in class rankings on BGP often regardless of classification. If I can criticize, ask questions, point out issues within BGP’s rankings, then I figured I might as well have some nerve and put myself and my rankings out there too to be scrutinized. Fair is fair. Greenwood did lose quite a bit, they’ve just seemed (atleast to me) thay they float in that 8-12 range pretty routinely. Graves or Woodford would most likely be much better selections there.
  24. Showing my bias but I think it's Bowling Green's to lose with how much talent is returning from a state championship team. Cooper obviously returns quite a bit too so I would consider them a safe #2 at season's start. Highlands lost 25 seniors last season, so I agree they will be quite young. IMO it would be a great coaching job and an overachievement for them to be one of the last four playing. I believe this is also the Birds last year in 5A. Ever since returning to 5A in 2015 the results have been very underwhelming. I'm sure the Highlands faithful would love nothing more than to be in contention. Owensboro is a question mark to me with the transfers out they have had. Plus throw in the fact that Bowling Green has been a thorn in their side for the better part of the past decade and a half, it leaves me wondering how far they might go. South Warren should get some recognition with the return of Button, but they have a lot to prove after Owensboro dismantled them in the second round last year and the skill positions they are having to replace. Still, hard to just rule out a Brandon Smith led team. Scott County has a good senior class with talent as well that I don't recommend dismissing. It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the semi finals with the right draw. To answer @Colonels_Wear_Blue initial question, if I had to rank a top 10 going in to week one, I would have it something like 1. Bowling Green 2. Cooper 3. Owensboro 4. South Warren 5. Highlands 6. Scott County 7. Southwestern 8. Dixie Heights 9. Atherton 10. Greenwood
  25. I'll at least give you this, you've been quite adamant about Highlands winning that game. I don't see it at all, but I do admire the consistency!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.