Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ra-Ra Raider

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ra-Ra Raider

  1. May be wrong, but I thought that him transferring insiders the Boone Co. system is still a KHSAA matter when it comes to him being eligible for varsity athletics. If he is not stuck, what is keeping him from going to another BC school?
  2. Sometimes being a good kid and having good parents doesn't take away the fact that he bailed on a team and hasn't been to a single Boone County football practice in over 9 months.
  3. He lives in Ryle district.. Couldn't he go to Ryle and be auto eligible for going to the correct school he is districted by?
  4. With the new coach and a whole new scheme outside of the defense, what are the expectations in Union from the supporters?
  5. I have a feeling that wouldn't be a good locker room atmosphere for A Floyd if he went back to Boone..
  6. seemed to be you were directing your question as a statement towards him.
  7. That's completely incorrect. Boone never wanted him to play offense, they had to put the best athlete at QB after their starter tore his labrum. At the end of the year, Floyd was back to DB.
  8. For crying out loud, why don't you have some cheese with that whine. Both teams were cheering. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Does this stuff ever end...
  9. Couldn't make it tonight. Was Dunn on the bump for Cooper? Impressed with the Raiders performance.
  10. Ganns & Johnson comes up big with the two out hits in the 7th to tie the game.
  11. What do you mean "bring this back up again"? What the heck are we talking about here? It's still the same exact issues that have been on the topic for the past 4 pages. Get a clue and maybe you should let go a little bit. If you don't like what I post then I guess that's a personal problem of your own.
  12. Clyde, I tried to tell you earlier, the bad throw from the first basemen took the shortstop in to the baseline and thus the contact was made. Boone parents were visibly upset. Cooper parents however weren't exactly all nice and dandy either. It was an incredibly classless case from both sides last night. Personally, I saw nothing wrong with his slide attempt, as it wasn't violent and it's my opinon that the kid may have sold it a little. (Not to say the contact wasn't there, it just wasn't as malicious as some Cooper folk are broadcasting it to be) The call at third is debatable depending on who you talk to, you're never going to reach an agreement on it. To address the actions post game, I believe it was a BC fan who tapped the umpire on the shoulder and said "good game blue" and the ump exploded. Now I'm not sure if there was more or less, that's just what was visible and clearly heard. All in all, it was just a very emotional atmosphere. If you take those two calls out of the equation you have a very well officiated game. Boone won last night and Cooper will get their chance again here soon. Good luck to both the rest of the way.
  13. Clyde.. The shortstop was on the base stretching out to receive an underthrown ball towards the first base, as he was stretched out, the contact was made.
  14. You people... Coming from a neutral fan who went to the game today, that runner definitely by no means was intentionally trying to spike the kid. It was obvious (and I mean obvious) that it was under thrown and the shortstop came up to make a play on the ball and he crossed in to the baseline. It is still obstruction because he did not fully control his slide, however these posts about sliding high and such are non sense. The call at third was the correct call as well, but even if it wasn't the correct call, Boone still would have been up 3-1. Now for the actual game, I don't see many beating Ganns this year when he is on the mound. He is a force and attacks you non stop. The Dunn kid for Cooper also pitched well, had a fine outing just didn't have many bats on his side today.
  15. I'll start first in predicting the winner as Simon Kenton again. They've got it going on in independence still and UKfan is in his seat back in the bleachers enjoying his new Pioneers grow. I'll take Dixie with senior Drew Moore leading the way for them. They could definitely beat the Pioneers! I think they go as far as their senior class takes them leadership wise and from a mission to win the big games Third I'll run with the Rebels at Boone County, Jeff Griffith enters his second season and with a full system implemented and a winter offseason under their belt I expect them to shine. Using Bowling Greens system will work with a QB that is capable for the job and I think they have it in Lamb or Westhoff. Fourth I'll take Campbell County. Honestly Campbell could finish anywhere 1-4 IMO because Coach Lickert knows what he is doing and the way he runs his program is top shelf. I could definitely see them surprising some people Fifth is the Raiders at Ryle with new coach Michael Engler, I feel as if Engler will run in to the same problems the new regime at Boone ran in to in their first year.... No quarterback production. However with the talent on the freshmen teams from back to back years there is no doubting that they are fully capable of making a run. Good luck to all and I'm excited for this upcoming season! Hence the earliness of the thread!
  16. So let's hear it and have the discussion begin! Who ya got?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.