Everything posted by Defense_Wins_Games
-
Question?
My middle school daughter has played JV soccer for the past two years. At our last two soccer banquets the middle school kids were told they were not getting any type of patches or numbers until they were in high school. We were told this was a decision made by the athletic director. My question is this, just because you have a team of middle school kids filling out your freshman and JV roster, does that make them any less deserving of receiving the patches or numbers?
-
LaRosa's Holiday Classic at Conner
Games for FRIDAY 10:00 Henry Clay - PRP 11:45 Ashland - St. Ursula 1:30 Highlands - Owensboro Catholic 3:15 Simon Kenton - Conner
-
LaRosa's Holiday Classic at Conner
THURSADY 2:00pm Highlands - Henry Clay (game 1) 3:45pm Pleasure Ridge Park - Owensboro Catholic (game 2) 5:30pm Simon Kenton - Ashland (game 3) 7:15pm Conner - St. Ursula Academy (game 4) FRIDAY 10:00am Game 1 loser - Game 2 loser (game 5) 11:45am Game 3 loser - Game 4 loser (game 6) 1:30pm Game 1 winner - Game 2 winner (game 7) 3:15pm Game 3 winner - game 3 winner (game 8) SATURDAY 10:00am Game 5 loser - Game 6 loser (7th place) 11:45am Game 5 winner - Game 6 winner (5th place) 1:30pm Game 7 loser - Game 8 loser (3rd place) 3:30pm Game 7 winner - Game 8 winner (1st)
-
Conner 65 Ryle 61
Final from Union.
-
Conner 62 Dixie Heights 47
I agree, keeping Duncan involved will only benefit the team.
-
Conner 62 Dixie Heights 47
The Cougars take the win over the Colonels. Conner was up for most of the game, going into the third quarter, there were about three times down the floor no offense was ran however a three ball was jacked up as the first play on offense. I don't understand this type of play. Yes there are girls on the team who can shoot for sure but to not run any kind of offense seems like bad habits forming. Conner ends up winning by 15 and was up by as much as 20. I would just like to see the girls be smarter on offense, maybe that's were the youth everyone talks about comes in?
-
Conner / Scott predictions (1/10)
Scott will travel to Hebron to take on Conner. Who wins and will free throw shooting become and issue again for the Lady Cougars?
-
Conner 62 Southwestern 58
I saw the game and would say you couldn't tell there was youth amoung this group. They make great cuts and have good basketball IQ. They ran the offense and continuously looked for the open man which Conner could learn from. Conner needs to be patient and not jack up the three ball when the first option on offense isn't open. The Conner girls could have folded. I think at one point they were down double digits but keep chipping away. I think it was a good game and learning experience for them.
-
Conner 62 Southwestern 58
Free throws, free throws, free throws! Conner was less than 50% from the line. Congrats to Savannah Jordan for getting player of the game.
-
Conner/Boone predictions (1/5)
Game is canceled tonight because of weather, not sure when it will reschedule.
-
Conner/Boone predictions (1/5)
Who wins?
-
GRC / Conner predictions
I think if Conner is able to keep Duncan involved in the offense, it will be an interesting game.
-
6th Annual LaRosa's Holiday Classic Schedule 12/30 (at Conner)
Game 1: Dixie Heights - Bishop Brossart 10:00am (7th place) Game 2: Nelson County - Corbin 11:45am (5th place) Game 3: Highlands - Lafayette 1:30pm (3rd place) Game 4: George Rogers Clark - Conner 3:30pm (championship)
-
6th Annual LaRosa's Holiday Classic Schedule 12/29 (at Conner)
Game 1: Dixie Heights - Nelson County 10:00am Game 2: Bishop Brossart - Corbin 11:45am Game 3: George Rogers Clark - Highlands 1:30pm Game 4: Lafayette - Conner 3:15pm
-
6th Annual LaRosa's Holiday Classic Schedule 12/28 (at Conner)
Game 1: George Rogers Clark - Dixie Heights 2:00pm Game 2: Highlands - Nelson County 3:45pm Game 3: Lafayette - Bishop Brossart 5:30pm Game 4: Conner - Corbin 7:15pm
-
Mason County 66 Conner 38
Final. Free throw shooting looked a little better for Conner. Mason County couldn't miss from anywhere. They work like a well oiled machine.
-
Conner 69 Nicholas County 39
Final. Starters pulled in third quarter.
-
Conner vs Ryle Updates
Conner 61-57 final
-
Conner vs Ryle Updates
41-38, Conner after 3
-
Conner vs Ryle Updates
28-24 Conner, half time.
-
Conner vs Ryle Updates
15-20 Ryle after first quarter.
-
Conner vs Ryle Predictions 12/16
For Conner to be successful, they will need to be patient on the offensive end, looking at more than just the first option and not live and die by the three.
-
Highlands 54 Conner 36
I still say substituting needs to improve, just my opinion.
-
Conner 60 Cooper 58
You're probably right, and by 7.5 deep I included the starters. It is early. It will all work out I'm sure of it. Conner has great players who are even better ladies off the court. I have no doubts they will go good things.
-
Conner 60 Cooper 58
I don't think I have missed many games in three years, maybe four. I understand it was a tough game, but some of the others have not been and the substituting still seemed the same.