Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Warrior

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 8th Region Warrior

  1. Male will be really good, should be one of the favorites as well, 8th,9th and 10th are better than you think, sumo is correct, best team with best draw
  2. Maybe some 8th region teams to join the 7th?
  3. They are some very good coaches in the 12th, I think at least 2 with state tourney rings, two others with semi-final games in Rupp, so by end of the season region will be fine.
  4. 6th Bullitt East 7th Ballard 8th Shelby
  5. Jtown interviewed yesterday, heard it was 4-5 people, anyone have any idea who they are going with? Could they be in the mix? or Re-build mode?
  6. Oldham County is making an announcement today at 4:00
  7. If I am not mistaken he works at one of the Bullitt schools as assistant principal. He did not coach this past season. He resigned at Russell Co last year after being told he would be the coach at Bullitt East. He is a HR hire for male! Good guy and can X and O with the best of them. If rumor 701 is true then good luck to Coach Feldhaus.
  8. Does Mason host the region or Montgomery this season?
  9. What does the 10th region guys think about the 10th region as a whole compared to the other regions next year? The 8th will be very competitive
  10. Losing Bosse is alot for Simon. Region should be fun.
  11. Mason is defintely not having the sucess they are used to. Have not won a region game for 3 years in a row, dont know when the last time that happened. Do they have anything coming talent wise? I know they lost Henry off this years team.
  12. Glad to see coach get another job after the Ashland deal, and guess what coach and even better job!!! Congrats
  13. Ouch that would be anothe reason why people might be saying "no" run away as fast as you can
  14. Bracken made a great hire period. Bracken should be glad that they got someone who will do it the right way. The 10th has some great players in its history that is for sure, last 10-15 years they have 3 guys that have been paid to play after graduation from college and that is impressive! And doing well still!!
  15. Just not the same Male anymore, they think so and that is part of the problem. Expectations are really high, region is tough, you're not getting all your kids and nothing you can do about it, all make it less desirable that most people think. GoHITP hit the nail on the head in previous thread. Lost best 3-4 kids last year and losing them agian this year so that makes your freshmen and sophomore classes down compared to others. You are in a great district that is one of positives I think. Great alumin another bonus.
  16. Now I have to watch that movie AGAIN!! One of my favorite scenes.
  17. I also think you are a school like Male, and you offer the job to 4-5 different people and they say no, it makes coaches think they were not really wanted to beign with. An example would be going to Male, not being real good the next couple years, and one of the main guys they wanted, all of a sudden wants it now, it ousts the coach. Saw it happen, especially this time of year. Second, those traditional kids that you are talking about also choose, Ballard and Trinity alot, so you lose those kids. Male doesnt allow alot of hardships since the new superintendent was turned down in getting rid of traditional schools, she made the ultimatum that traditional schools only get traditional kids. If you are losing your kids to other schools and not getting others, it ties your hands in Louisville. Just my opinion, could be wrong.
  18. First of all Coach Yager is a great man. Loved aggravating him at games about his diet coke and 2 bags of popcorn, he might buy 3 at the field house with that great popcorn. Who will Carroll hire? Good district to be in... Some good young coaches in the 8th region that could move to that spot?
  19. He was an assistant at Mason for one of the best we have had on the sidelines in my opinion. Had a lot of good players, I think one is Darius Miller?? Kind of a good player. I think O'Hearn is one of the best in the state as well so that helps winning regions and a title. I just think they will go with someone who has more success or Coach Cox, just my opinion. An example would be David Henley/Steve Wright, if they applied.
  20. When you have your own in those grades makes it an awesome experience. I have heard that coaching your own can be tough but a special experience. I think he has a couple boys in elementary school. I have seen them at games with him. Coach Hinson as I stated before home run hire for Bracken and their future. Getting to work for Chad is also a bonus!
  21. I dont think Goldie was implying that he is a bad coach, he is a good coach no question about it, what she was saying and I could be wrong, is that it will be a bigger name and a more impressive resume. In my opinion Buddy would do a great job anywhere he goes. I also think Mason will go with someone else. I hope Coach Biggs lands somewhere, some school will be fortunate to get him
  22. To play for Hinson would be a bonus for him in my opinion. He knows how to coach a scorer and get him shots (Bach) for example. Hinson is excited about the younger kids coming up 3rd-8th graders. He will do a great job, the place means alot to him, his wife and himself graduated from Bracken. Home run hire, and I think it keeps Crawford at Bracken. The hire they make at Mason will be key to the success of the district.
  23. I expect it to be someone with a state championship ring or a NKY school. For me I would love to see Coach Cox get a shot, he does a great job and deserves it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.