Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jefferson realignment

Featured Replies

I'm playing around with basketball/baseball realignments, and I'm not that familiar with Jefferson County school geography.

For someone familiar with the area, how could you realign the districts in Region 6 and Region 7 to have at least four teams in each (taking into consideration the all-boys and all-girls schools) while taking out the three Bulllitt County schools.

  • Author

Since I'm getting so many ideas, I thought I'd list the districts.

It really just comes down to finding a fourth team for District 23 since there would be only three left

 

REGION 6

District 21 – Beth Haven, Fairdale, Holy Cross (Louisville), Pleasure Ridge Park, Valley


District 22 – Butler, DeSales, Doss, Iroquois, Western


District 23 – Bullitt Central, Evangel Christian, Moore, North Bullitt, Southern


District 24 – Bullitt East, Fern Creek, Jeffersontown, Mercy, Whitefield Academy

REGION 7

District 25 – Central, DuPont Manual, Portland Christian, Presentation, Shawnee, St. Francis


District 26 – Assumption, Brown, Louisville Collegiate, Male, St. Xavier
District 27 – Atherton, Sacred Heart, Seneca, Trinity (Louisville), Waggener


District 28 – Ballard, Christian Academy-Louisville, Eastern, Kentucky Country Day, Walden

  • Author

No, I'm trying to get the geography right for just Jefferson teams in the 6th and 7th, so Bullitt can help fill holes in the 5th. There are enough teams in Jefferson to fill those two regions.

HDE, go to the Jefferson County Public Schools website, click on schools, the high school locations. It gives a good geographic map. It obviously doesn't include the private schools, but they are easy to map on Google. That should give you a good start.

Maybe some 8th region teams to join the 7th?

 

You know that's been the longstanding rumor. Specifically the Oldhams. I doubt it ever happens.

The Oldhams would fight this tooth and nail...as would I.

 

Do you want to take a chance to play Ballard, Eastern, and whoever in the region or....

 

Gallatin, Henry and Carroll???

 

They have been the class of the 8th for years and probably always will be.

You know that's been the longstanding rumor. Specifically the Oldhams. I doubt it ever happens.

As an SK fan, I'm in favor of all the Oldhams moving into the 7th. That drive is awful.

Is this something is even going to happen? Or is this just a speculative thread? As far I've heard, Collins is staying in the 8th.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.