Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old_Bulldog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old_Bulldog

  1. After talking to Hide, I got worried about some of my favorite Raiders
  2. What about Drew Crane?
  3. What about See & Sander?
  4. I know Dixie uses the football field this time of year. Last year they even had a couple of scrimmages against other schools on it.
  5. As far as being allowed to play, I'm sure that's a coaching decision as well as scheduling issue. From my experience almost all select teams would be on par with any local freshman team, with quite a few select teams being far superior. Especially those in the National division.
  6. Man, where does Highlands get all of these student/athletes... --> They recruit them like they always have! :lol:
  7. I am not saying that it is a huge factor but given that all 4 teams in the district are so close from a talent prospective, I think the familiarity/trust whatever you want to call it, give them a slight edge.
  8. I am not singling out anyone but I know it is the policy of at least a couple Boone & Kenton Co. coaches and I would suspect many others. I understand the philosophy, "if your not good enough to play Varsity by your junior year than (fill in the blank)" However, when you are coaching, especially at a large school, and have a lot of seniors, what is better for the program in the long run?
  9. I will give an edge to Ryle. The majority of their senior class has been playing together, school, summer and fall ball for quite some time.
  10. I have a similar pet peeve. The policy of not allowing Juniors to play JV makes absolutely no sense. Especially, if you happen to have a large senior class. I believe a lot of schools in the area use this policy. Does it really make sense for Juniors to sit the wood all year when they could be starting on JV? Instead JV is full of freshmen and the freshmen team is full of 8th graders! I say let Juniors who are not ready to play Varsity, play JV, let the freshmen play freshmen and let the 8th graders play summer ball. After all, as a coach, if you have a junior who isn't good enough to warrant much playing time on varsity, wouldn't actually playing in JV games be better for his development than riding the pine all year?
  11. I remember back in the day when Holmes' football team used Meinken for a practice field. After that ~30% of the hard ground balls through the infield turned into home runs or bloodied outfielders!
  12. If this is the case, I would guarantee it is graduate early and not drop out.
  13. Has anyone heard any news regarding Northern Kentucky players signing to play college ball?
  14. Unfortunately, Dixie only returns 2 players who saw substantial playing time and niether really pitches. Therefore, not sure I would tab them as the favorite.
  15. A weak Dixie team? Isn't that the Dixie team that 10 runned the Birds a week before the tourney? Their only problem was that they got so pumped up over beating the Lil-Colenels, that they could have handed that next game to anyone. Speaking of the Birds, I know that they have a lot of returners but going from outside of the top 10 to #2? Just Sayin.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.