Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Fanatic

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by UK Fanatic

  1. It was an exciting game to watch. Nice job by the Polar Bears, who seemed to have a good game plan and kept themselves in the game through the 4th quarter.
  2. Tuesday evening at 6pm, the Augusta-Bracken district game will be broadcasted. http://www.augustaschools.net/districtNewsArticle.aspx?artID=470
  3. Tuesday night at 8pm, the Augusta-Bracken district game will be broadcasted. http://www.augustaschools.net/districtNewsArticle.aspx?artID=470
  4. The Panthers win their third game in four days and finish the regular season at 18-11.
  5. Great game to watch. Congrats to the boys!
  6. They were up about 12 at half. I think it was 36-24.
  7. Augusta wins at Silver Grove 90-29, thanks to a big second half. The Panthers have no time to rest this week with Brossart on Tuesday, Cal Christian on Thursday, and Bracken on Friday.
  8. Two of those officials I had not seen this year before today. Unfortunately, a good portion of the officiating I've seen in the 10th region is fairly poor. I think, as a team now, Augusta has some adjustments to make. On the positive side, they still have seven or so games to make those adjustments before the district tournament.
  9. The Panthers improve to 11-9 on the season. Augusta hit 12 3's, shooting about 50% from behind the arch. When they're hitting shots and those shots are falling for several players (I think five different players hit 3's), they're a tough team.
  10. Final from the Panther's Den.
  11. Nice to see Augusta not look past Deming. The first quarter was close, but the Panthers were able to pull away. Now they can focus on the Mustangs.
  12. Deming and Augusta will meet for the second time this season on Monday. The two met in the first game of the season with Augusta winning 83-66. The Panthers can't overlook the Black Devils, as looking past teams has already hurt them this season. I'll take Augusta by 12, providing they come ready to play.
  13. The championship is on Sunday, correct? That's what was stated in the Ledger. The times seem to be different as well. http://www.maysville-online.com/sports/four-local-girls-games-called-off-due-to-snow/article_cb663cb9-2bcc-56c6-82d4-2f95a215f6ec.html
  14. Missed free throws can be detrimental, particularly in a game as close as this!
  15. Agreed. I was not trying to imply Deming was "the bully" or anything like that. Augusta has a couple of girls who work so hard and seem to be on the floor a lot.
  16. Augusta needed this win to build some confidence and get back on the winning track.
  17. Looks like he joins a select few from Harrison County. Quite an accomplishment, congratulations!
  18. Wow, that's saying something for just being sophomores!
  19. A physical game at Deming. Augusta was up 1 at half, but I guess Deming's size and experience from their 2 seniors came into play in the 4th quarter.
  20. And, as referenced in a previous post, Augusta came out ineffective I guess you could call it, and got down 12-2 early. Harrison's a good basketball team, and I'm not saying Augusta should have beaten them, but I thought it could have been closer and more competitive. I'm not a coach and don't pretend to be, so I don't have an answer. Perhaps the game plan was to go for outside shots, but Augusta seemed to shoot a ton and after Krebs first two, I don't recall very many falling. I don't have stats though to back that up. The team just seems somewhat out of sorts right now.
  21. Augusta should have the talent and athleticism to compete with most teams in the region .... With that said, they have losses to St. Pat and Bracken, who are not near the top of the region. To have a chance, I think Augusta has to come out on all cylinders.
  22. Harrison County(7-6) travels to Augusta(6-4) this Tuesday for their first game in 2012. Thoughts on this one?
  23. No official stats. Bracken was able to control the pace of the game. I thought Augusta came out a little flat, maybe thinking that since they beat Bracken by 20 earlier in the season, it wouldn't be much of a battle. Augusta was lucky to be 50% from the free throw line tonight, which hurt was an important factor in their loss, seeing as how it was just a 2-pt game. Early on, the Panthers couldn't buy a shot. Missed several from point-blank range.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.