Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGCat

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BGCat

  1. Grant's County's ineptness is Shelby Valley's gain.
  2. No Coach in the 15th will outwork him! Good Luck Shelby Valley!!
  3. I think the SK faithful are glad to see him go because they saw that the gap was closing between the 2 schools and I understand that from a fans perspective. It is typical for any fan of district rivals to try to make the opposing team look bad. Coach Hicks NEVER made it about himself. He gave credit to the kids in every interview I have seen or read in the past 3 seasons. The priorities that he preached to the team regularly were God, Family,School and Basketball. So for people to call him a joke or offer up criticism for him trying to build the Grant Co basketball program to have a level of excitement that they haven't seen in years is totally classless! My son is extremely proud to have had the opportunity to have played for him the last 3 years and thankful that Coach Hicks gave him the opportunities he has. Coach Hicks is a very passionate person and wants to win EVERY TIME his team takes the floor, Regular season game or not! Good Luck Coach!
  4. That joke you are talking about has already helped more kids have the opportunity to go to college and play basketball than you will ever realize! It has been 6-8 years since Grant has had a kid to go just for basketball. So keep on being a joke Coach, My son will laugh all the way across the stage when he receives his college degree 5 years from now thanks to you. And I'm sure the other players at Grant Co. that you have helped get an opportunity will all be rolling on the floor laughing . Only 1 team celebrates at the end of the year, so who cares about the freakin schedule!
  5. Guffey??? Yeah, that is certainly the answer! :ohbrother: I knew his name was gonna come up! Yep you're right that is the type of coach the administration wants in place!
  6. Sad to say pretty much.
  7. Thanks for the clarification. Also just for the record, fact is fact!
  8. Let me say the the Administration at Grant County are complete IDIOTS!
  9. I don't care if you have heard of me or not, but now you know where my comments are coming from. I wont hide behind a screen name. Thanks Coach I have always respected you as well. Everybody loves to see someone fail especially after they start to have some success. This yahoo must feel threatened by something.
  10. So grow a set and say who you are. And why worry about what's going on in Grant Co. I know a lot about the program at Grant Co. I am Greg Carr father of Tyler Carr who plays for Grant Co.
  11. OK we get it, but you seem to be making more of this than anybody else by going on and on. My kid will never play in the NBA or high major but you know what there are schools calling and the bottom line is that's what it is all about! Yes the recognition is nice but that and a $1.06 may get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's. I have watched all 3 kids (Carr, Moeves and McNeil) and they all deserve a chance. I have also seen a lot of the kids on the list and yes they deserve a chance. Congratulations TO ALL that were selected.
  12. You and I both have an idea where he is going. You and I both know how easy it is to hide behind a screen name and blast someone. They can get on here and act like a fan of another school, when actually they are within the program they are so critical of.
  13. Tyler is playing for Western Kentucky Elite. He will be out 4-6 weeks as he had surgery Monday for a torn meniscus. As far as players being left out, it happens every year. I agree we will never beat Indiana as long as players are selected the way they are now. Indiana doesn't do it why should we think our way is best when they beat Kentucky year in year out. The best players don't always get to go.
  14. As much as it pains me to say it but I agree with you! LOL!
  15. I am quite sensitive to the fact! It's just not fair to pass judgement on someone or accuse someone of something unless you see it! Whether it be Coach Hicks , Coach Utter or Coach Kinmon. Every kid gets the same opportunity at GC period, What they do with it is up to them. He is just as critical of his better players as he is of his freshmen. So to say he plays favorites is totally out of line unless you know 100% that he does! Everyone wants to blame the coach for playing when little Johnny isn't getting the minutes that the parents want him to get. So tell them to work harder and then they may fall under the coach's favor!
  16. What makes you such an authority on the Coaches or what evidence do you have to support your accusations? Sounds like you have an axe to grind with coach Hicks.
  17. Thank you madman! (Never thought I would say that lol) Not disappointed, Tyler has surgery Monday and will be out 4-6 weeks. Couldn't have tried out any way.
  18. Good Luck to SK the rest of the way! I know they will do the 32nd district proud!
  19. Yes I would like to see some tougher competition,but I just don't think you can blame this loss on the entire schedule that Grant Co. played.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.