Everything posted by Sportsfan 99
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
I thought Danielle Hausfeld got POY last year? I know she's still a pitcher, but I keep seeing that Haylee Smith got it.
-
Dixie 15 Holmes 0 (3rd)
In the Boone County tournament today. Games got canceled though due to the rain, obviously.
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
Megan James had a fantastic game against the Raiders. She had a 4-4 game with 3 rbi's. Her name will be in the Player of the Year conversation come decision time.
-
Dixie Heights 5 Mason County 1
Courtney Garrett pitched for Dixie, she's a freshman.
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
Yeah I guess I was confused with what he was saying. Makes total sense now. Wasn't thinking right.
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
They played a really good game. They deserved the win in my opinion. And definitely, it's tough to predict the outcome of most games. Really interested in seeing who will win the Region.
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
Oh, I think I see what you're saying now. The 7th run would've ended the game. Makes sense now. Sorry the scoreboard said 8-6. There were two runners on base when the girl hit it and they both scored.
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
Yes you must have. Dixie was up 6-5, and in the bottom of the 7th Ryle scored 3 runs. Ryle won 8-6
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
Not a homerun guess I should've changed the wording. One run was knocked in on a base hit and then 2 were knocked in by another. Not sure who the hitter was. Haley Smith pitched for Ryle and Bailey Spencer for Dixie
-
Ryle 8 Dixie 6
Colonels were up most of the game. They were up 6-5 at the top of the 7th, bottom of the 7th the Raiders knocked in 3 runs. Great Game
-
Dixie Heights 5 NCC 3
Final from Dixie Heights. Connor East pitched 6 1/3 innings of great baseball. Dixie Heights is definately a sleeper in the 9th this year. Watch out for them.
-
9th Region Softball
With all due respect, have you ever seen Beechwood play? Not saying the efforts not there, but they're definitely lacking experience and talent with the exception of a few. Most teams beat them by very high numbers.
-
What effect will BBCOR have on games this season?
For the teams that hit the ball consistently it wont be much of a problem. But for the teams that have trouble getting the bat on the ball it will be huge. Sometimes you can get that double to the gap that will be a momentum changer and then suddenly everyone starts hitting. With the BBCOR bats some of those hits to the gaps will be a fly ball that an outfielder will catch or at the very most, a dinker that an outfielder will get behind and only make it be a single. As little as that sounds the games this year will be drastically different.
-
Top teams in NKY
I dont agree Spartan. I think Holy Cross will be the dominant favorite in the 9th this year. They have had the best young talent the last 2 years with Tiberi, Cohake (sp?), Fuller, and a few more.
-
Who are the top returning pitchers in the 9th region
Mark Downs hands down. The kid is deceiving and just crafty.
-
Preseason
Dixie has been working out since October three times a week
-
Early Look at 9th Region Softball
True. I guess they will have to prove themselves for falling short from those teams. However, I do think they have some great players that get overlooked.
-
Early Look at 9th Region Softball
I agree. Jenna Sanders is a great player.
-
Early Look at 9th Region Softball
Dixie's pitcher is a great young pitcher and is expected to do big things this season. She had her first varsity experience last year and I assume she will be stronger this coming year. Dixie has good defense with Megan James at second base who only had one error last season, Brooke Garrett at short stop who has a great arm and could throw the fastest runner out at first, and they have a solid third basemen. They also have good batters. Not sure why they get overlooked
-
Early Look at 9th Region Softball
I believe so. How come no one pays attention to Dixie? They had a good season last year
-
Early Look at 9th Region Softball
Yeah Mamie Salzer is a senior. She is a solid hitter, but pitching wise the younger pitcher on their team Noelle Butts might be better. I'd say other players to watch will be Haley Smith(I think that's her name)/Ryle-Freshman, Katelyn Halcomb/Conner-Senior, Megan James/Dixie-Senior, Brooke Garrett/Dixie-Sophmore, Abby Kirkwood/St. Henry-Senior, Courtney Morgan/Simon Kenton- Senior
-
Early Look at 9th Region Softball
Who are gonna be the top teams and players to look for?? It's early, but teams are already working out so why not discuss it.
-
9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?
Dixie is going to be pretty tough this year. Pitching and Hitting both will be strong for the Colonels. Cov Cath will also be very good so will Beechwood.
-
9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?
Blake is who you are thinking of. He is I believe a sophomore or junior. He is a very big lefty bat in the lineup that if he gets his stroke reminds me of Tanner Norton.
-
9th Region this year? Who wins it, which teams/players are to watch?
IMHO Boone and Holy Cross are the best teams in the region. NCC and Ryle could be a very nice 3 and 4 but I dont see any team beating Holy Cross's hitting and quality arms or beating Boone when Teegarden is on the mound.