Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 8 Dixie 6

Featured Replies

Colonels were up most of the game. They were up 6-5 at the top of the 7th, bottom of the 7th the Raiders knocked in 3 runs. Great Game

Colonels were up most of the game. They were up 6-5 at the top of the 7th, bottom of the 7th the Raiders knocked in 3 runs. Great Game

 

So Ryle hit a HR to win it?

So Ryle hit a HR to win it?

 

Agree, seems like they would have had to. Any details? Who pitched for Ryle and who had the game winning hit?

  • Author

Not a homerun guess I should've changed the wording. One run was knocked in on a base hit and then 2 were knocked in by another. Not sure who the hitter was. Haley Smith pitched for Ryle and Bailey Spencer for Dixie

Not a homerun guess I should've changed the wording. One run was knocked in on a base hit and then 2 were knocked in by another. Not sure who the hitter was. Haley Smith pitched for Ryle and Bailey Spencer for Dixie

 

If it wasn't a home run then Ryle couldn't win by 2 in the bottom of the 7th.

 

Did I read your original post incorrectly?

  • Author

Yes you must have. Dixie was up 6-5, and in the bottom of the 7th Ryle scored 3 runs. Ryle won 8-6

Yes you must have. Dixie was up 6-5, and in the bottom of the 7th Ryle scored 3 runs. Ryle won 8-6

 

I promise I'm not trying to be difficult.

 

If Ryle tied it up in the bottom of the 7th to tie it up (as I read your post) then the most the score could have been was 7-6 if there wasn't a walk-off bomb.

 

Doesn't change the outcome. I'm just curious how the game was won.

Honestly Sportfan Clyde isn't trying to be smart or anything but unless it was a HR the official scorer only records the run that was needed to win the game! So unless there was a HR, based on your post of the game, the final score would be Ryle 7 Dixie 6.

  • Author

Oh, I think I see what you're saying now. The 7th run would've ended the game. Makes sense now. Sorry the scoreboard said 8-6. There were two runners on base when the girl hit it and they both scored.

Oh, I think I see what you're saying now. The 7th run would've ended the game. Makes sense now. Sorry the scoreboard said 8-6. There were two runners on base when the girl hit it and they both scored.

 

 

No problem. Now I know.

 

Tough loss for Dixie.

 

Regions seems more open than past seasons.

Oh, I think I see what you're saying now. The 7th run would've ended the game. Makes sense now. Sorry the scoreboard said 8-6. There were two runners on base when the girl hit it and they both scored.

 

My guess is whomever was running the scoreboard, doesn't understand how to keep score and yes both can cross the plate but like Clyde said, unless it was a HR, only the run that won the game counts.

  • Author

They played a really good game. They deserved the win in my opinion. And definitely, it's tough to predict the outcome of most games. Really interested in seeing who will win the Region.

  • Author
My guess is whomever was running the scoreboard, doesn't understand how to keep score and yes both can cross the plate but like Clyde said, unless it was a HR, only the run that won the game counts.

 

Yeah I guess I was confused with what he was saying. Makes total sense now. Wasn't thinking right.

They played a really good game. They deserved the win in my opinion. And definitely, it's tough to predict the outcome of most games. Really interested in seeing who will win the Region.

 

I agree this might be the first time in a long time that RYle might not be the hands down favorite ! Will be fun to watch this regional tournament !

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.