Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Softball

Featured Replies

Who are your preseason top 10 teams for the 9th region?

  • Replies 83
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite,

 

1. Ryle

2. Boone County

3. St. Henry

4. Conner

5. Notre Dame

6. Dixie

7. NewCath

8. Highlands

9. Holy Cross

10. Newport

Me too,

 

1. St Henry

2. Ryle

3. Connor

4. Boone

5. Dixie

6. Highlands

7. Holy Cross

8. NewCath

9. Cooper

10. ND

  • Author

Here's mine

1. Boone County

2. St. Henry

3. Ryle

4. Conner

5. Dixie

6. Notre Dame

7. Cooper

8. Holy Cross

9. Highlands

10. Newport Central Catholic

Holy Cross has 3 wins last year and now a new coach - in the top 10??? Not sure about that one :popcorn:

  • Author
Holy Cross has 3 wins last year and now a new coach - in the top 10??? Not sure about that one :popcorn:

 

Didn't realize they have a new coach. Who might that be? That could be a good thing depending on who it is.

 

Who else could be considered? Maybe Beechwood, Ludlow or Newport.....? :idunno: Remember this is just 9th region. Could move Highlands and NCC up but I feel if HC's pitcher returns they could be pretty good. I think all HC lost last year was their catcher.

Didn't realize they have a new coach. Who might that be? That could be a good thing depending on who it is.

 

Who else could be considered? Maybe Beechwood, Ludlow or Newport.....? :idunno: Remember this is just 9th region. Could move Highlands and NCC up but I feel if HC's pitcher returns they could be pretty good. I think all HC lost last year was their catcher.

 

Untill someone beats Ryle they ave to be 1 also not having Highlands any higher then 9th is just nuts. They will be very good this year. Young and strong middle fielding wil be strong and nice on the corners.

If those top 10s are legit it shows fastpitch is still struggling in NKY.

  • Author
Untill someone beats Ryle they ave to be 1 also not having Highlands any higher then 9th is just nuts. They will be very good this year. Young and strong middle fielding wil be strong and nice on the corners.

 

Just my preseason poll. My top 4 could actually be in any order but this is how I see them for now. Bottom 4 is the same way. Could move Highlands up to 7 or even 6, but to be honest I don't know too much about them other than they are young, have a nice shortstop and they lost their two best players, catcher and CF.

 

Beechwood is definitely a team to watch. I like them as well.

 

NKY softball is definitely still struggling with the exception of those teams in Boone County. Top 4 teams from Boone County and Cooper is coming on as well. They may surprise some people this year.

  • Author
I honestly like Beechwood.

 

New coach at HC is Lee Meeks.

 

Thanks Blue Colonel. Not familiar with Lee Meeks. Do you have any background on him? Where is he from, experience, etc.

 

I like Beechwood as well. They could definitely surprise some teams this year.

Thanks Blue Colonel. Not familiar with Lee Meeks. Do you have any background on him? Where is he from, experience, etc.

 

I like Beechwood as well. They could definitely surprise some teams this year.

 

HC will have a new coach. I am not sure if Lee Meeks will be an assistant or the head coach. Either way it should be a plus for HC.

 

Meeks was the boys baseball coach for years.

I honestly like Beechwood.

 

New coach at HC is Lee Meeks.

 

I would take Beechwood's asst coach over in coach in the area so I am sure they are going to be improved if she stuck around. She played at Northwestern and is from the Chicago area were there is a ton of softball being played. I can't remember her name though. Their head coach is pretty good also.

Holy Cross has 3 wins last year and now a new coach - in the top 10??? Not sure about that one :popcorn:

 

ND had a much better record last year but played a very weak schedule. Who was there best win against? Probably HC or Holmes who were both way down last year. ND had zero quality wins last year.

Alright here it is:

1. Ryle

2. St. Henry

3. Conner

4. Dixie

5. Boone County

6. Highlands

7. Holy Cross

8. Cooper

9. NCC

10. Notre Dame

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.