Everything posted by Basement Barbers
-
Covington Catholic 12 Boone County 2
Good to see Burke in the box score. Good hitter. Did he catch or DH?
-
Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.
Pump the brakes a bit, Rb.
-
Covington Catholic Hosts Baseball Tournament for Autism Awareness
With the weather..... any changes to the schedule?
-
Early Predictions... Best NKY Seniors 2017.
Wow. We haven't played Ryle, so I didn't know that. Both Siemer and Ohmer played fall ball with us. Shame. Both really good players.
-
Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.
You're right. Statistics mean nothing. Hypotheticals, "up sides" and general observations are the key. I do hope your Reds prediction is right though. Have a good year.
-
Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.
I'm sure he is very good for a Freshmen. I'd say there is another freshmen down the road a bit that would argue about best freshmen, in Campbell Co..... as far as JV, the only player not playing varsity everyday is Farsing, as I mentioned. I just looked at the stats leaders for the STATE and no mention of the young bird. See if you can find some of the names in this thread. Again, not saying your son is not talented, but there was no need to say that he is better than the kids in this thread. Bad form.
-
Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.
edit
-
Early Predictions... Best NKY Seniors 2017.
Most glaring change in my prediction was Jake Ohmer (Scott) did not play. Hurt the Eagles Bigly. Might have been a top 10 player in the state in baseball.
-
Early Prediction... Best NKY Sophomores 2017.
I think everyone I listed is doing well. I'm not sure if Farsing from SK is getting varsity innings or not. Gangwish might be the only Sophomore starting for them. ....and add Stallman from Cov Cath.
-
Highlands 2 St. Henry 0 (8 innings)
He is. 16U ATY.
-
Highlands 2 St. Henry 0 (8 innings)
Great pitcher.... and not too shabby with a bat in his hands.
-
Simon Kenton 10 Grant County 0 (5 innings)
Confirmed No No. Bailey Martin was the pitcher.
-
Campbell County 1 Covington Catholic 0
15u ATY.... Brandon Berger's team.
-
Newport Central Catholic 4 Beechwood 3 (All-A Final 9 innings)
He hit it in the top half of the 9th.
-
Covington Catholic vs Highlands moved to CovCath
Congrats, Blue Colonels. They are hitting stride. Thing about Bluebirds they peak at the right time. This match up could come again in the 9th region finals.
-
Newport Central Catholic 4 Beechwood 3 (All-A Final 9 innings)
Not sure this was an upset. New Cath was playing good ball going into this game. They played really well. Good luck in the All A.
-
Beechwood 18 Dayton 1 (All A semi-final)
Daniel Mescher closed the 5th inning. There were several good hits. Most notable.... Devin Johnson nearly hit the cycle w/ a dinger to left Center. Only missing a double.
-
Beechwood 6 Hickory (NC) 0
I don't think Hickory was on par with Beechwood, but good none the less. Their defense was very good, but we saw probably their 4th-5th pitcher. We hit a lot of ground balls, but Hickory fielded very well. Evan Schlinger kept them off balance for 5 innings, probably only giving up 2 hits. Nick Jackman came in relief.
-
Covington Catholic 11 Batesville (IN) 3 Doc Morris Tourney
Coldiron is killing it this year.
-
Beechwood 3 Zionsville Community HS (IN) 1
Super Prep Series game in Louisville. Rain shortend 6 inning game. Noah Huseman pitched all 6. Nick Jackman 2-2 and Logan Castleman 2-3 with a double.
-
Beechwood 24 Holmes 0 (5 innings)
Ha. JJ was a good kid until he started hanging around with me. He was a tear on the diamond back in the day. Now he literally tears up golf courses with his swing.
-
Beechwood 24 Holmes 0 (5 innings)
Yeah, we're the same age... but I'm quite sure you don't know what's it like to be cut. lol
-
Beechwood 24 Holmes 0 (5 innings)
How could I forget Cottage A/C? The only team I was ever cut from. I tried to play up a year with my friends Chris Kincaid and Johnny Johnson and I didn't make it. They did. One day tryout. They told you on the spot in front of all of the other kids and handed out uniforms right in front of the cut kids. Man that was hard to take. lol. Someone would sue if that happened today.
-
Beechwood 4 East Central (IN) 3
You bring up something interesting. When he knocked the fence over he landed on the flatend fence. Would you consider him out of play?
-
Beechwood 24 Holmes 0 (5 innings)
agreed. They have a couple good players and it must be frustrating to those players. Baseball isn't near as popular to city players. When I played as kid Knothole was filled with teams for Covington and I'm not sure if any of them survived. Boys Club, Covington Firefights, St. Bens, Bengal Tigers, Turners, ..... I think they are all gone. It is sad.