Everything posted by Nkysportsblog
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
Right.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
He was walking in for his second dunk pretty much and it looked like he barely jumped. It was amazing how much authority he threw it down with, after seeing how nonchalant he came in for the slam.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
Because they need to let this kid grow up and develop. He's an eighth grader, and he has no business playing varsity basketball for Holmes after seeing him today. I do think he'll be a stud in the future, but asking him to contribute to varsity at this point is putting too much pressure on that kid.
-
Holmes 59 Oldham County 36
Who ever made the secret weapon comments was being completely unfair to McClendon.
-
Madisonville 51 Newport Central Catholic 46
He got hurt in the HC game when he was undercut and came down on his back/elbow. I heard his arm was broke, but I haven't seen him in a cast or sling so I'm not completely sure what the injury is. Maybe an NCC person could clear that up.
-
Madisonville 51 Newport Central Catholic 46
I disagree. Jake Geisler is their best big man, and Matt is right behind him. Jake maybe provides a little depth but he's not as good as either of those two.
-
Holy Cross vs Walton-Verona Updates?
HC won 50-32
-
Lexington Catholic 58 Newport Central Catholic 51
Wow Schmidt has come from out of nowhere to really earn himself some significant minutes. He played a ton in the Highlands game as well. Meyer and Conner really need to get it going or this kid is going to take one of their spots.
-
Covcath 44 Campbell Co 35
Lol granted it is a gimmick defense, but one that shouldn't work at the varsity level. Unless, of course, you really only have those two players. CovCath is better than Campbell, and if anything the gimmick defense proves it more.
-
Covcath 44 Campbell Co 35
Your not seeing my point. This is what CovCath was supposed to do and they did it. That's fine it's a good thing. However, I don't think they are a different team and are going to set the world on fire now. My whole point is it's not an upset neither team is that great. If CCH would have came out and absolutely lit it up and won 66-35 then OK I'd see a reason to think that it was unexpected.
-
Covcath 44 Campbell Co 35
I'm not saying it's not. I think it was a win that they should have had and they did. It's not a bad thing to say they are a better team than the Camels. I'm not saying they got lucky, or anything of that nature. They are better than Campbell County and they should have beat them.
-
Covcath 44 Campbell Co 35
Lol OK.. I don't even think we are discussing the same point anymore.
-
Covcath 44 Campbell Co 35
Right, but does it make you think because they beat Campbell County that they've all of a sudden solved all their problems and are turning the corner. They still obviously don't have an offense. Campbell County doesn't have one either.
-
Covcath 44 Campbell Co 35
Take it how you want. It's no secret CCH isn't very good this year. They are still better than the Camels. You can't be too excited as a CovCath fan when they only scored 44 points.
-
Covington Holy Cross 62 Withrow, OH 45
Actually two of them...:sssh:
-
Covcath 44 Campbell Co 35
Right... No upset. Just typical Campbell County being overrated.
-
Covington Holy Cross 62 Withrow, OH 45
Yeah, the offense HC runs just gave them open layups all night. It also never hurts when you start the game by hitting several threes to open things up.
-
Covington Holy Cross 62 Withrow, OH 45
Not really. They weren't that big. The JV team though did have several tall players. The JV team seemed bigger and shot the ball much better than the varsity team did. I do know Withrow was without forward Carl Porter though.
-
Covington Holy Cross 62 Withrow, OH 45
Haha yes. IDK the final on the JV ...Withrow won by about 12, but it was a closer game than that.
-
Covington Holy Cross 62 Withrow, OH 45
Final from Latonia.
-
Highlands 76 Newport 58
I agree if you're putting the young guys in let them play.
-
Highlands 76 Newport 58
I'm sorry I didn't see the prediction thread, but I guess you must be a very smart person if you agreed with me.:thumb::thumb:
-
Highlands 76 Newport 58
Not surprising. Highlands struggles against teams that play tough disciplined man-to-man. Newport is still an undisciplined ball club. They have talent, but they're undisciplined.
-
Newport Central Catholic 63 Highlands 57
Yeah they really aren't very quick either. This is where I could see an Austin Collinsworth helping them.
-
Newport Central Catholic 63 Highlands 57
No doubt about Boone being No.2 until proven otherwise.