Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 76 Newport 58

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Just got a text from Qryche.

 

I believe I predicted a 15-20 point win for the Birds. :D

The Birds sure needed this one!! It was a tough weekend for Willie and the boys :thumb:

  • Author
The Birds sure needed this one!! It was a tough weekend for Willie and the boys :thumb:

 

I agree. Qryche should have details when he gets home.

Not surprising. Highlands struggles against teams that play tough disciplined man-to-man. Newport is still an undisciplined ball club. They have talent, but they're undisciplined.

Whats new? The cats never beat anyone thats any good.

 

 

 

Lots of wasted talent on that team. Newport had the better talent tonight, Highlands has the better coach.

  • Author
Not surprising. Highlands struggles against teams that play tough disciplined man-to-man. Newport is still an undisciplined ball club. They have talent, but they're undisciplined.

 

I believe someone said that in the prediction thread and said that's why Highlands would win by 15-20... :sssh::D

I believe someone said that in the prediction thread and said that's why Highlands would win by 15-20... :sssh::D

 

I'm sorry I didn't see the prediction thread, but I guess you must be a very smart person if you agreed with me.:thumb::thumb:

Lots of wasted talent on that team. Newport had the better talent tonight, Highlands has the better coach.

 

Same story different year for Newport.

I believe someone said that in the prediction thread and said that's why Highlands would win by 15-20... :sssh::D

 

That was a tough one Nostradamus. :D:p

I got there at Halftime, son had tourney game. I really thought Newport had some nice talent but like many have said they dont play the disciplined defense it takes to win games. Darnell could be a force as he has nice moves for a 6'5 kid. McDaniel is big for a guard as well and I like Tucker and Collins' hustle and competetiveness.

 

For Highlands, it was basically very disciplined basketball. Great spacing and solid passing until they got open looks. Stephen K hit a couple long 3's and Smith-Keller played really well around the basket. Highlands is not a very physical ballclub like teams in the past though. I would classify them as a finesse team. You dont see a lot of contact under the basket and that has always been Willie's signature.

 

I didnt see Grote at all for the 2nd half. I wonder if he was over chewing on a bone or something. Maybe someone can clue us in on him. Birds put up 76 tonight which is nice to see.

 

Last thing I will say is this is the 2nd Highlands game I have seen and 2nd time I have seen Willie empty the bench with 2 min and a 15 pt+ lead. This is great but each game all I saw was the kids pass the ball around for 2 minutes and nobody takes it to the basket or even tries to score. If they are going to do this they may as well turn the clock off and end the game. Let the kids play til the end. You could just see the Newport kids who got in actually willing the Highlands players to try and score so they could get it back and try themselves.

 

Congrats to the Birds for a very nice and much needed win. A little momentum going into a nice tourney at Montgomery Co. Good LUck.

I got there at Halftime, son had tourney game. I really thought Newport had some nice talent but like many have said they dont play the disciplined defense it takes to win games. Darnell could be a force as he has nice moves for a 6'5 kid. McDaniel is big for a guard as well and I like Tucker and Collins' hustle and competetiveness.

 

For Highlands, it was basically very disciplined basketball. Great spacing and solid passing until they got open looks. Stephen K hit a couple long 3's and Smith-Keller played really well around the basket. Highlands is not a very physical ballclub like teams in the past though. I would classify them as a finesse team. You dont see a lot of contact under the basket and that has always been Willie's signature.

 

I didnt see Grote at all for the 2nd half. I wonder if he was over chewing on a bone or something. Maybe someone can clue us in on him. Birds put up 76 tonight which is nice to see.

 

Last thing I will say is this is the 2nd Highlands game I have seen and 2nd time I have seen Willie empty the bench with 2 min and a 15 pt+ lead. This is great but each game all I saw was the kids pass the ball around for 2 minutes and nobody takes it to the basket or even tries to score. If they are going to do this they may as well turn the clock off and end the game. Let the kids play til the end. You could just see the Newport kids who got in actually willing the Highlands players to try and score so they could get it back and try themselves. I get the whole, don't want to show up the other team but I dont agree with it.

 

I agree if you're putting the young guys in let them play.

Very impressive win for HHS

Same story different year for Newport.

 

Unfortunately so very true.

Boxscore. Kowolonek leads the Birds with 20. Smith-Keller and Watson pitch in 16.

 

Highlands 76 Newport 58

 

Newport 8 22 13 15 58

Highlands 20 18 21 17 76

 

Newport (3-3) -- Tucker 8, Luther 3, McDaniel 13, Greene 14, Darnell 13, Collins 7.

 

Highlands (5-2) -- Lother 6, Gordon 4, Kowolonek 20, Smith-Keller 16, Watson 16, Dill 8, Grubbs 6.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.