Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nkysportsblog

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nkysportsblog

  1. Almost the same game, but different outcome. 10-8 at halftime HC led. I think the final score was 26-22 Ryle won. HC slowed it down most of the game, and Joe Allen did an outstanding job D'in up Perkins. Ryle just made a couple big buckets down the stretch, and HC blew it at the free throw line.
  2. To me it looks more like St. Henry doesn't have any competition.
  3. I agree HC did take a minute or two off the clock with some of their possessions though in the first half.
  4. Missed shots. They tried to work it in and HC would double team, then they'd kick out and they tried to drive and HC cut them off with help D, and then they'd finally usually shoot a three or the bigs would put up a contested shot out of their comfort zone. Also, there were some possessions where it just resulted in Giwa or Trimpe getting a steal in the halfcourt.
  5. Final... Thought this one would be much closer.
  6. That's pretty cool. I saw a few weeks ago where he had got in and snatched a rebound.
  7. Yeah I'd say Goetz completely outcoached Mullins.
  8. I think he's better on D than either of those you mentioned.
  9. I think some of us just get too caught up in the matchups. It seems like every game HC is going to lose because they will get dominated inside. Yes HC is small but the reality of it is they rarely get dominated inside even when they lose. HC has a system that works for them right now, and they are going to keep most of their games low scoring and close. As for HC being better than predicted, maybe they are for some, but for me I still say it's Holmes with a lot of distance between them and second which is Boone. After that I say it is completely up in there with the next 6 to 7 teams. Most of those teams have a chance of knocking off Boone as well, but I think Boone will be more consistent than the rest of them.
  10. Giwa had a big game... HC got layup after layup inside towards the end.
  11. Final... Score was Holy Cross 9 Ryle 6 at halftime.
  12. Andy Ahern Height: 5' 8" Weight: 160 Giwa is right around 5'11-6'0 and weighs 175.
  13. Not knocking Ahern. I think he is a decent guard and a leader, but Giwa thrives against smaller guards. I also thought Ahern looked somewhat shaky when pressured during the CCH game. That is Giwa's strength. I think Ryle will win by about 7-9, but I just don't think they will dominate HC inside as much as most think. They definitely have the advantage inside against the Indians, but HC seems to find a way to slow down other team's bigs most games.
  14. I don't think you'll see Sullivan in this one. I agree that he scored because of the attention Nikola received, but neither Russell nor Nichols can step out and knock down the jumper the way he did. HC won't give up too many easy interior baskets I wouldn't think. However, I think McLeish will be the one to really create problems for the Indians. If they have to help off of him to defend the post he will kill them from the outside.
  15. Lol yes I guess you could say that, but point being I don't think Nichols has the jumpshot that O' Connor had.
  16. O'Connor scored half or more of his points from jumpshots. You are right about Giwa, but I think he'll have a good chance of generating turnovers and getting in transition against Ahern.
  17. I do think Giwa will dominate Ahern.
  18. They have Tate Nichols who is about 6'7" give or take an inch.
  19. I don't mean he is actually feeling pressure from you. I'm just saying your comment was ridiculous. I really don't see him making any type of impact at the varsity level at all this year. But I am glad I could give you a laugh.
  20. Well IDK I must have missed him in those games that I saw, or he just didn't have good games because I didn't remember him at all. I know Herndon ran the point most of the game for them.
  21. I'm in complete agreement with your thoughts on this matter. I didn't say that too much pressure is being put on him by playing in blowouts. I said that the people who are saying he should be a secret weapon of sorts for this team this year are being unfair to him. He is going to be fine under Henley's guidance.:thumb:
  22. FTR, I have absolutely no problem with them letting him play varsity today. That was not the point of my post at all.
  23. Just wondering ETA, because I haven't seen a whole lot of Holmes' JV squad, but I have yet to see McClendon or Arnold play JV?
  24. Wow ... Sensitive much? Not burying him... Said he will be a stud. I was saying it was completely off base for people to say he was Holmes secret weapon for the end of the year. There is a big difference... I was not burying the kid at all. It was the people on here who were making those comments.
  25. I was somewhat impressed with his size and athleticism for an eighth grader, but as far as his game and bball IQ... not so much.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.