Conner QB Receives Invitation to Elite 11

Clyde

I am happy for Barker and it looks like he is going to have his pick of places to play. I wish Towles would have gone through the same process instead of locking in on UK so soon. Although Towles didn't receive this much attention prior to his junior year. I defintely think the exposure that Pike and Towles received was a great benefit to Barker.

Towles made a great choice going to UK. I am still not sold on Barker being the best QB in his class in NKY. I think Kuntz from SK is the better QB.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Towles made a great choice going to UK. I am still not sold on Barker being the best QB in his class in NKY. I think Kuntz from SK is the better QB.

Wow, I am relatively new to this but talk a but driving a point, it is clear you like SK and do not seem to be a Barker fan, with that said MOVE on! Please and Thanks

Wow, I am relatively new to this but talk a but driving a point, it is clear you like SK and do not seem to be a Barker fan, with that said MOVE on! Please and Thanks

I am not a Conner fan I wish Barker the best of luck!

I am happy for Barker and it looks like he is going to have his pick of places to play. I wish Towles would have gone through the same process instead of locking in on UK so soon. Although Towles didn't receive this much attention prior to his junior year. I defintely think the exposure that Pike and Towles received was a great benefit to Barker.

Disagree with a few points:

He will not have his pick of places for those that took your comment literally. He will have some nice options.

I do not think Pike and Towles offers have had any impact on his recruiting. Drew and his family learned that you have to get out there and get some notice. It's not easy. They estimate they have traveled 7500 miles this summer going from school to school to school.

Not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe he "blooms" later than Drew did. It will be fun to watch him.

Disagree with a few points:

He will not have his pick of places for those that took your comment literally. He will have some nice options.

I do not think Pike and Towles offers have had any impact on his recruiting. Drew and his family learned that you have to get out there and get some notice. It's not easy. They estimate they have traveled 7500 miles this summer going from school to school to school.

7500 miles wow if it was my kid I would stick to the schools around here.

Drew had two good days at Bama and Tennessee. UT seems to have more interest than Bama at this point. Bama said they would watch him some more. UT told him he was the top qb at their camp today.

UC invite camp plus Ohio State FNL invite coming up.

• 2 weeks later...
Drew had two good days at Bama and Tennessee. UT seems to have more interest than Bama at this point. Bama said they would watch him some more. UT told him he was the top qb at their camp today.

UC invite camp plus Ohio State FNL invite coming up.

Sounds like FNL went well, Meyer made a point to talk personally to Drew. Cannot link the article as its a "pay per view" piece, but in a nutshell Drew felt it went great, and Urb told him he was coming after him hard. Don't think it's even debatable who, at least in the minds of college coaches, is the top QB in the state.

The ESPN person covering the event said he had the best performance of the 9 QBs.

OSU isn't in a hurry to offer any QBs just yet.

No reason to right now, Miller is a soph, you have Cardale Jones on the roster, a top Texas QB coming in next year. Barker is very good and I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State offers, but how important is early playing time to him?

No reason to right now, Miller is a soph, you have Cardale Jones on the roster, a top Texas QB coming in next year. Barker is very good and I wouldn't be surprised if Ohio State offers, but how important is early playing time to him?

Good question, JA. I'd say it's probably a big factor but I'm not sure if it's THE factor.

There is no I in team does this kid ever practice with his team? I have heard some kids have been quitting the Conner football team.

There is no I in Team but there is punctuation between two sentences.

Ex# 78993792 of why I tell the kid he's going to be under a microscope and people will look for anything and everything to complain about.