Conner QB Receives Invitation to Elite 11

Clyde

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ESPN person covering the event said he had the best performance of the 9 QBs.

OSU isn't in a hurry to offer any QBs just yet.

Here's the article I referenced:

Quarterback

Drew Barker (Hebron, Ky./Conner): This was one of the most highly anticipated battles, with Barker, DeShone Kizer, Caleb Henderson and Joey Duckworth all competing for an offer from the Buckeyes in the 2014 class.

While all four showed well, Barker was the best, demonstrating both touch and pinpoint accuracy. He did a terrific job leading receivers when he threw the long ball and showed zip on the short routes.

Honorable mention: Kizer, Duckworth.

Ohio State Buckeyes Friday Night Lights - Top Performers at Ohio State Football Camp - ESPN

Guest Birdflu
Pat Towles offered to work out with Drew and work on throwing with him.

I hope he takes Towles up on his offer. I don't think he could find a finer player (and person) to emulate and learn from.

I hope he takes Towles up on his offer. I don't think he could find a finer player (and person) to emulate and learn from.

Trust me when I say he will take any time with PT he can get. Looks up to the guy. PT has been very nice and helpful .

What was I false about Cylde?

No one has been quitting the team due to individual player attention or summer camps! A couple of non-starting transfers due to parent relocation. To assume that players are quitting the program based on your suggestions is absolutely crazy.

No one has been quitting the team due to individual player attention or summer camps! A couple of non-starting transfers due to parent relocation. To assume that players are quitting the program based on your suggestions is absolutely crazy.

My friends son played for Conner and quit because of the coach! He told me last week after I asked him how he was doing in 7 on 7. His father lives in SK's district so I told him to transfer to SK so he could play for a good team the kid I am talking about will be a Junior. Clyde I said some not many.

My friends son played for Conner and quit because of the coach! He told me last week after I asked him how he was doing in 7 on 7. His father lives in SK's district so I told him to transfer to SK so he could play for a good team the kid I am talking about will be a Junior. Clyde I said some not many.

Its not unusual for kids in Boone County to quit football in HS. So many people start their kids in football in 1st grade in a win now league. By the time they are in HS, they have 10 years of football behind them and they are toast. Another challenge HS coaches face when kids start that young is unlearning bad habits and technique learned at a very young age.

So one is now "some?"

That's a loser post on your part, Chief. You're insinuating that there are some sort of problems (and even linked it to a kid) when in reality it's one kid who decided he didn't like the coach.

THIS is why you have the reputation you do.