Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 62 Letcher Co. Central 47

Featured Replies

Way to Get back on the winning track Devils!!!! :dancingpa

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Jonathan VanHoose had 36 points 10 rebounds in the game.

Much needed win for the Devils!!

Was this in the AIT? I thought they were already eliminated from the AIT?

  • Author
Was this in the AIT? I thought they were already eliminated from the AIT?

It was for 7th place in the AIT.

Letcher Central has laid an egg in Ashland. I thought hey would do better than this.

Whats wrong with LCC - losing to two 16th region teams?

Good win for Russell!! LCC hasn't been doing as well here of late?

Looks like Russell is having a Jekel and Hide kind of season. Never know which team is going to show up.

Russell was very impressive in the first half. They moved the ball

well and the defensive intensity was their for the first time this

season (from what I've seen). Clark seemed to be just starting to

find his place on the basketball squad again as he came up with a

couple of loose balls and put on the pressure, he also scored about

six fast break points in the second half.

Vanhoose was extremely impressive in the first half, coming up with

29 points - I believe he was 8-13 from beyond the arc and 3-4 from

the line.

 

Russell seemed to be most ineffective, as has been the case thus

far, when they were unable to rebound. This occured most in the

3rd quarter, and as a result the Devils put up 9 or 10 fouls due to

lack of positioning. Rebounding is the area that Russell must work

on the most if they intend to make a run in February, because it

seems that all the other elements are beginning to fall into place.

Van Hoose was zoned in like Frances in her heyday at the ymca in the first half,

lcc never made any adjustments in their zone, I guess they figured he was lucky, and they may have been right, after 8 3's in the first half, Van Hoose only made one in the second :D

 

Frances never scored over 24 points at the YMCA either :eek:

You shouldn't attack a Lady who can't defend herself, shooter! :cry:

When I was a young lass, the YMCA didn't have a three point line. Come to think of it, they hadn't cut the bottom out of the peach basket yet - we had to use a ladder to get the ball out of the basket.

 

By the time I reached my prime, Bob Cousy had invented the "behind the back" dribble, and sneakers had rubber soles.

 

I'm sure that Shooterx3 knows full well that the strength of my game was my ability to dribble between my legs without losing the ball in my skirt. The switch from my saddle oxfords to the brand new Chuck Taylors really allowed me to elevate my game to new heights as well. After a couple of weeks, the leather on the bottom of my saddle oxfords would get slick, preventing me from being able to cut to the basket with the lightning quick scoots that would later become my signature move on the courts (leading to the now famous "dribble it off your own foot out of bounds" tactic that I employed so effectively throughout my career).

 

As for watching Van Hoose in the first half of the Letcher Central game, he was definitely "En Fuego". I don't think I had eight threes in my career - much less in one half. Come to think of it, I don't think I totaled eight baskets, including layups.

 

It was tough enough trying to be a lady while playing against the likes of Tim Thirion or Tony Collins - those boys were ROUGH and they smelled bad....

 

Alas - that was about two lifetimes ago.

 

Demurely,

Frances

Frances- your too modest! At the very least, you were on the same level as Thirion and Collins!! :laugh:

Shocked once again. These are teams that L.C.C. should be beating or at least competing with.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.