Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Boys Rankings 2/6

Featured Replies

BGP Boys Rankings 2/6

 

1. Trinity

2. Ballard

3. Scott County

4. Bullitt East

5. Madison Central

6. Pleasure Ridge Park

7. Henry Clay

8. Moore

9. Perry Central

10. Clark County

11. Rowan County

12. Jeffersontown

13. Manual

14. Butler

15. Knott Central

16. Woodford County

17. Lexington Catholic

18. Marshall County

19. Ohio County

20. Bowling Green

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put Madison Central at #3, Scott County #4, Bullitt East #5, no LexCath at all, Dixie Heights would be in there somewhere. Good to see Woodford County getting some love.

Wow! No Covington Holy Cross who is 25-2.

Wow! No Covington Holy Cross who is 25-2.

 

 

Dixie would be in before Cov. Holy Cross wouldn't they?

Wow! No Covington Holy Cross who is 25-2.
Personally, I think Boone should be there before CHC.

No love for the 8th region? Really surprised considering they have ranked teams in both papers, as almost always it is dominated by Lexington and Louisville, not alot of respect for anyone else. Maybe that is why we had 2 teams in the state final that were not from any of those regions. So happy that only 2 can make it to the state tournament, some are way over hyped! Rankings can not let personal feelings get involved because you like the coach, or the school, etc. Its about winning and performing. I know the 6,7,11 are strong but 12 of the top 17? Top 6 are right on after that its just ridiculous.

Dixie would be in before Cov. Holy Cross wouldn't they?

Personally, I think Boone should be there before CHC.

 

I don't necessarily have a problem with either Dixie or Boone before HC, but c'mon...we beat BG twice in one week and they're ranked and we're not...???

No love for the 8th region? Really surprised considering they have ranked teams in both papers, as almost always it is dominated by Lexington and Louisville, not alot of respect for anyone else. Maybe that is why we had 2 teams in the state final that were not from any of those regions. So happy that only 2 can make it to the state tournament, some are way over hyped! Rankings can not let personal feelings get involved because you like the coach, or the school, etc. Its about winning and performing. I know the 6,7,11 are strong but 12 of the top 17? Top 6 are right on after that its just ridiculous.

 

 

I can agree somewhat. I haven't seen all of the teams play so I can make an honest informed opinion but I would think there are some teams capable of defeating Manual, JTown, Butler and LexCath that aren't being recognized.

I don't necessarily have a problem with either Dixie or Boone before HC, but c'mon...we beat BG twice in one week and they're ranked and we're not...???
Can't argue with you there.
I don't necessarily have a problem with either Dixie or Boone before HC, but c'mon...we beat BG twice in one week and they're ranked and we're not...???

 

I do agree with this sentiment about Holy Cross.

Let's be realistic, how would some of those teams we clamor for do in the same region with Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, Jtown? Every single week it's a russian roulette. You may want to rank some teams up there because of their records, but bottom line is that they can't compete consistently with some of those teams on a daily basis. Can they beat them in a one and done scenario in Rupp? Absolutely, and last year was a shining example. But it's my opinion that polls should take many factors into consideration and record, frankly, is not at the top of the list in my opinion.

For instance, Woodford can't possibly be ranked in one of those formula polls because of their record. Those polls don't take into consideration that one of the better players in our state is now back on the floor for them.

I think Scott County and Bullitt East are too high. I would replace them with Madison Central and PRP. Bullitt East isn't the same team after losing their PF for the season. Butler has had some decent wins, but they also have some really bad losses so I would move them down as well.

Rowan is way too high. HC deserves to be in.

Manual and Butler are too high.Moore is very good!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.