January 24, 201214 yr My guess is that Fab Melo has been accused of cheating on a final exam and it is being investigated. Has to be something of that nature. Cuse is hiding behind the Federal Privacy Act and word is he is either going to be fine from tomorrow forward or out for the rest of the year. FWIW there was a bunch of local guys covering them at UC and his name didn't come up once in the post game presser. Something dating back to a school review on his previous semester grades makes the most sense...
January 24, 201214 yr I said before the game that UC would need to make 10 treys to win this game...they finished with 8. Make 2 more 3's and finish 5-9 from the charity stripe instead of 3-9 and we're talking about a UC win today instead. Really like Mick's post game comments though. If UC wants to be a championship level team they need to want more than just playing Cuse close. When they get the mentality that they cant be content and think they ARE going to win games like this, UC basketball will officially be back. The one good thing is outside of the Marquette games, they should be favored in the rest of the games this year. Need to take care of business starting with Rutgers Sat.
January 24, 201214 yr I find it pathetic that a school of that size in a town this large can't fill the arena more than once a year when a top 10 team comes to town.
January 24, 201214 yr 34% from the field because those three couldn't connect. Gates and Wright were 13-25... oops...did the math in my head, but yeah those three were the reason behind it.
January 25, 201214 yr I find it pathetic that a school of that size in a town this large can't fill the arena more than once a year when a top 10 team comes to town. Your expectations aren't low enough. USF is in a metroplex about twice the size of the Cincinnati-NKY metro area and I get excited when we draw 5K for a top ten team. :banana:
January 25, 201214 yr Your expectations aren't low enough. USF is in a metroplex about twice the size of the Cincinnati-NKY metro area and I get excited when we draw 5K for a top ten team. :banana: How about this year? They're currently in 2nd place, right?
January 25, 201214 yr How about this year? They're currently in 2nd place, right? Tied with UC for 5th after a 20 point loss last night @ Marquette.
January 25, 201214 yr Tied with UC for 5th after a 20 point loss last night @ Marquette. Thanks. I thought I heard someone today say they were 5-2.
January 25, 201214 yr How about this year? They're currently in 2nd place, right? And your point? Seriously, we drew a little over 5K for UCONN. We only had little over 4K show up for Seton Hall, when they were ranked in the top 25, and the school gave 20,000 seats away to football season ticket holders who don't have basketball season tickets. Need I say more? Apathy run a muck.
January 25, 201214 yr Thanks. I thought I heard someone today say they were 5-2. Now 5-3, still with a chance of besting their school record of 9-9 in conference with 8 games left, though. I'm excited. Nobody else seems to be. There might be a good turnout for the UC game, though. Especiallly if UC maintains their current success and better if USF keeps it up. There are a lot of people talking about going to that game that don't normally attend. From what I gather, Kevin Gaines as a following of sorts. A guy I work with, knows his Mother really well and says they plan a big turnout from the Ocala, Brooksville, and Inverness areas.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.