Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top NKY Quarterbacks for 2012

Featured Replies

Who do you think the top QB's will be for the 2012 season in NKY? Here is my top 7. I did not list a Highlands QB because in another thread Dale said the QB spot is still up for grabs.

 

 

1. Blake Bir CovCath

2. Drew Barker Conner

3. Brenan Kuntz Simon Kenton

4. Nathan Davis Ryle

5. Tyler Durham Campbell County

6. Shelby Caudill Grant County

7. JaShawn Short Newport

  • Replies 150
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Blake Bir

 

 

2. Drew Barker

3. Donovan McCoy or Drew Houliston

4. Tyler Durham

5. Nathan Davis

1. Bir

2. Barker

3. McCoy

4. Durham

5. Davis

6. The QB at Cooper whose name escapes me

1. Bir

2. Barker

3. McCoy

4. Durham

5. Davis

6. The QB at Cooper whose name escapes me

 

Isn't he a shorter thicker kid??

  • Author
1. Bir

2. Barker

3. McCoy

4. Durham

5. Davis

6. The QB at Cooper whose name escapes me

 

Tyler Morris is the Cooper QB.

  • Author

NKY has a lot of QB's that can scramble this year.

Other than maybe a few coaches I've watched both Blake Bir and Drew Barker more than 99.99% of the people.

 

They are neck and neck with different strengths and weaknesses. I'd take either.

Other than maybe a few coaches I've watched both Blake Bir and Drew Barker more than 99.99% of the people.

 

They are neck and neck with different strengths and weaknesses. I'd take either.

 

Bir better passer..Barker better runner..

Bir better passer..Barker better runner..

 

You can't make that "better passer" without being more specific. Each has strengths.

 

Bir has strong accuracy. Barker has the arm to make the difficult throws that require zip. It's what excites colleges. Bir's accuracy also excites colleges.

 

Which leads to the question "how are we judging QBs?" With the spread being so prevalent do we not have to take a total picture and not just the "passing" aspect?

I should of broke it down a little better. Your right Bir more accurate passer and Barker has a stronger arm..They are both very good high school quarterbacks..

I should of broke it down a little better. Your right Bir more accurate passer and Barker has a stronger arm..They are both very good high school quarterbacks..

 

I read where Blake was close to getting an offer but haven't heard from which school. Big summer for him.

Holy Cross QB, I talked to one of asst coaches and he said they had thoughts of starting Gabbard kid in front of Fuller lsat year. I have not seen him play but I saw Fuller, and we know the numbers he put up last year. Friend saw them play Grant county and said kid threw the ball all over, had 5 td,s. He also said Pouncy was the reciever, not sure wh

Donovan McCoy may surprise many of you with the stats he will put next year. I wouldnt be surprised to see him rush for 1000 and throw for 1000.

 

Bir and Barker are definitely the prototypical QB's though with their size and arm strength.

I agree Bir and Barker top of the list in NKY, I was trying to say as much as Holy Cross throws the ball and by evidence of Arlinghaus at Lou and Fuller who will play somewhere at next level, whoever is H.C qb will put up stats and get college looks. Who is going to be Scott QB next year? Are they going to be improved ??

Donovan McCoy may surprise many of you with the stats he will put next year. I wouldnt be surprised to see him rush for 1000 and throw for 1000.

 

Bir and Barker are definitely the prototypical QB's though with their size and arm strength.

 

Agree that Donovan should have a big year. He's certainly going to have a lot of options to throw or hand off to and it sounds like the O-line will shape up rather nicely. Can't wait to see the show.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.