Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark 52 Montgomery County 35

Featured Replies

Both physically and mentally. I just could not believe the technicals. I thought both players had done there thing and had actually walked away before the T was called.

This game should be a character builder for the Indians.

MNCM - would love to meet you.

 

I saw the first warning over where I was sitting. There was a bump and the ball went out of bound. Small talk was going,but I heard the Ref tell them to knock it of. The actual T was brewing, and the Ref that called it was watching. Just got them both.

 

Will intro myself next game for sure! Even bring Goldie over with me.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was an interesting move bringing Handshoe off the bench at the beginning of the game. Is he still not feeling well - he didn't look like he felt well.

I saw the first warning over where I was sitting. There was a bump and the ball went out of bound. Small talk was going,but I heard the Ref tell them to knock it of. The actual T was brewing, and the Ref that called it was watching. Just got them both.

 

Will intro myself next game for sure! Even bring Goldie over with me.

 

Ask Goldie to point me out. She knows who I am.

Was an interesting move bringing Handshoe off the bench at the beginning of the game. Is he still not feeling well - he didn't look like he felt well.

 

Handshoe has not been in the starting lineup since he got back. I think he is still trying to get back into the flow of things.

Congratulations to GRC. A little surprised by the score though.

Congratulations to GRC. A little surprised by the score though.

 

This GRC team is for real. They improve to 17-2.

Great Crowd! Great Atmoshpere! And great win for the Cards!

 

If there is a game ball to be given out, it should go to Charlie Rogers. He played tough defense on Prewitt and got to the basket early in the game and was a huge advantage.

 

While I think GRC still would have won by double digits(as I called out in prediction thread) - nothing can underscore the double technical with 4 min (roughly) to go in 3rd. That forced MC to sit Prewitt, and in my opinion; took him out of the rest of the game. Also I might add that the double technical was well warranted on both players.

 

And as always Goldie - it was great to see you. Hope to meet mcraycraft next time these two teams play.

 

You were correct and I was very pleasantly surprised. As stated in the prediction thread I would and did enjoy the game you predicted with a double digit margin much more than my prediction of a win by a few points.

 

Thought the technicals were the final turning point but by that time I thought the flow was turning GRC's way anyway.

Jake Handshoe is 100% now. We hated to lose this won, but I have to say boys on both sides of the county line are class acts. Jake has grown up with Adam, Charlie, Bopper and Taylor. Our Indians are just great kids too. This was an awesome atmosphere for High School Basketball tonight! I wish both teams the best in their games tomorrow.

  • Author

It's obvious Prewitt isn't used to anyone guarding him like Charlie Rogers guarded him tonight.

Sounds like it was an ugly game. If you have to lose one, this was the one to lose. Indians will use this game to refocus and as motivation moving forward.

Jake Handshoe is 100% now. We hated to lose this won, but I have to say boys on both sides of the county line are class acts. Jake has grown up with Adam, Charlie, Bopper and Taylor. Our Indians are just great kids too. This was an awesome atmosphere for High School Basketball tonight! I wish both teams the best in their games tomorrow.

 

So glad Handshoe is 100 %. Love to watch him play. Agree, both teams have class acts and our fans get along. Class post by you!!! I am sure when/if these two meet again we will see another grind it out game.

 

I was telling Mr. Prewitt after the game that high school basketball dosn't get any better than this when these two teams meet. Best of luck in your upcoming games.

Sounds like it was an ugly game. If you have to lose one, this was the one to lose. Indians will use this game to refocus and as motivation moving forward.

 

I am sure they will, GRC did that in Dec. when the Indians beat them and have won 15 in a row.

I had to opportunity to see GRC at Mercer county tourney, I stated it then and it appears things have not changed, they are a very good defensive team.

Clark County boys muscle their way past Mongtomery

By Mike Fields — [email protected]

Posted: 10:42pm on Jan 13, 2012; Modified: 11:17pm on Jan 13, 2012

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/01/13/2027928/boys-basketball-clark-county-outlasts.html#storylink=cpy

 

WINCHESTER — Friday the 13th was an unlucky night for basketball fans hoping to see a well-played, classic showdown between 10th Region rivals Clark County and Montgomery County.

Instead, the big crowd in Letcher Norton Gymnasium witnessed a 32-minute slog of snarling defense, missed shots and referees' whistles.

But for 13th-rated Clark County, Friday the 13th turned out just fine. The Cardinals pulled away in the second half to beat Montgomery County 52-35 to improve their record to 17-2 with their 15th consecutive victory.

 

At least the first half was close. Clark County led 24-23 at the break even though 6-foot-6 senior Adam Fatkin, who averages a double-double, had not attempted a shot.

 

For Montgomery County, the rest of the game was a nightmare. It managed only six points in the first 13 minutes of the second half. Omar Prewitt, their 6-6 junior who averages 21 points, went to the bench with his fourth foul early in the third quarter after he and Clark County's Bopper Stenzel each drew a technical for jawing.

Without Prewitt, who was having a rough shooting night anyway, Montgomery County couldn't score. The Indians wound up shooting 17 percent (4-for-24) the second half.

 

Clark County shot 31 percent (9-for-29) over the last 16 minutes, which was red-hot compared to Montgomery County. Stenzel led Clark County with 16 points, but he had to work for them all.

 

Fatkin had eight points in the second half, and also finished with 15 rebounds and four blocked shots.

It's obvious Prewitt isn't used to anyone guarding him like Charlie Rogers guarded him tonight.

I am pretty sure he is used to it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.