Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 52 Boone County 49

Featured Replies

Final from Florence.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Surprised by the lack of fans at this game. Big game in NKY and no atmosphere.

 

Brady Hightchew played really well. Under control for the most part. Shot fairly well.

 

Stanley played well for Boone . Cooper Downs played fairly well.

 

Not a great night of offense but I do like NC's sets.

Good win for the Breds. This game is just another example of how wide open the region is.

  • Author

NC v CCH Friday in Park Hills.

 

I guarantee there will be more atmosphere there.

Nice win for the Breds.

  • Author

I'm going to guess that this was Zane McQ's worst performance of the season in a season where he's been pretty consistent. Rough night for him.

Both teams played some hard defense. Credit NCC for making enough plays down the stretch.

Was not a very good crowd. I was sitting behind Boone's bench and might of been sitting in front of the worst fan I've ever been around. Just a relentless barage on the refs, nothing ever his way. Boone's bench had to turn around and look to see where it was coming from. I was a "neutral" spectator, but would be embarrassed if that was a fan of my team.

Newport Central Catholic 52

Boone Co. 49

Newport Central Catholic7151515 52

 

Boone Co.9151312 49

 

Newport Central Catholic (7-4) -- Bueter 5, Hightchew 12, Ryan 16, Seibert 3, Schulte 6, McDonald 10.

Boone Co. (13-4) -- C. Stanley 16, Downs 10, Carr 4, B. Stanley 4, McQueary 13, Datrow 2.

 

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329/latest-boys-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=556264040807289&RecordID=12023&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=9#storylink=cpy

  • Author
Both teams played some hard defense. Credit NCC for making enough plays down the stretch.

Was not a very good crowd. I was sitting behind Boone's bench and might of been sitting in front of the worst fan I've ever been around. Just a relentless barage on the refs, nothing ever his way. Boone's bench had to turn around and look to see where it was coming from. I was a "neutral" spectator, but would be embarrassed if that was a fan of my team.

Newport Central Catholic 52

Boone Co. 49

Newport Central Catholic7151515 52

 

Boone Co.9151312 49

 

Newport Central Catholic (7-4) -- Bueter 5, Hightchew 12, Ryan 16, Seibert 3, Schulte 6, McDonald 10.

Boone Co. (13-4) -- C. Stanley 16, Downs 10, Carr 4, B. Stanley 4, McQueary 13, Datrow 2.

 

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329/latest-boys-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=556264040807289&RecordID=12023&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=9#storylink=cpy

 

I saw you and your boy walk in and said "that has to be Just Jim."

  • Author
Both teams played some hard defense. Credit NCC for making enough plays down the stretch.

Was not a very good crowd. I was sitting behind Boone's bench and might of been sitting in front of the worst fan I've ever been around. Just a relentless barage on the refs, nothing ever his way. Boone's bench had to turn around and look to see where it was coming from. I was a "neutral" spectator, but would be embarrassed if that was a fan of my team.

Newport Central Catholic 52

Boone Co. 49

Newport Central Catholic7151515 52

 

Boone Co.9151312 49

 

Newport Central Catholic (7-4) -- Bueter 5, Hightchew 12, Ryan 16, Seibert 3, Schulte 6, McDonald 10.

Boone Co. (13-4) -- C. Stanley 16, Downs 10, Carr 4, B. Stanley 4, McQueary 13, Datrow 2.

 

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329/latest-boys-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=556264040807289&RecordID=12023&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=9#storylink=cpy

 

The fan you refer to was the guy in the Titleist hat. Had a rough night watching the game. Very stressful for him.

  • Author

I did enjoy Ryan's lob pass to Hightchew that ended up going in for a 3 point basket. He had a funny look on his face.

Pretty cool to see both Stanleys in the same box score.....

  • Author
Pretty cool to see both Stanleys in the same box score.....

 

The youngster got some good minutes tonight. The kid that started for Boone in the 4 position and his sub combined for 7 fouls in the 11 minutes of the game.

 

Brendan has a chance to be a good player next year. Needs to work on ballhandling and developing a pull up jumper. Good athlete. I hear he's a really nice kid.

Nice win for NewCath on the road.

Did Pitts not play in this game for BC? If not, that is somewhat big.

Nice to see Jake Schulte gets some minutes for the Breds. He's been battling an illness for approx. a month and I think last night was his 1st game back in almost a month.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.