Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 52 Boone County 49

Featured Replies

  • Author

I forgot to mention this. I can't stand when a player consistently looks into the stands at his dad when he doesn't like a call.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U

I forgot to mention this. I can't stand when a player consistently looks into the stands at his dad when he doesn't like a call.

Maybe Daddy can change the call? :idunno:

You seem to know a lot about playing in the middle. Did yoy play there in high school?

I agree completely with your comment about teams not knowing how to use a post player and the game being a guards game. If the guards would only realize how much easier it is to get good looks by "Going inside out" they could live on the jump shot. It is SO much easier getting the ball inside and having the center kick it back out than trying to run picks to get shots. I seriously don't think some guards even look inside. They are so intent on running off screens that they are oblivious to the post player being open. It happens on a lot of teams, but having seen NCC a couple of times in the Lloyd tourney there are times it looks like some people don't want the ball to go inside. I know the kid is only a freshman and that might factor into "sharing the ball", but when you have a force like that you have to use him until the other team stops him. He will make freshman mistakes, and I'm sure he has, but in the 2 games I saw he looked pretty good.
You seem to know a lot about playing in the middle. Did yoy play there in high school?

Some inside and some outside. But have seen a lot of basketball and do see things like

this all the time by many teams. I don't think Holy Cross uses Campbell enough down on the block, either, although he seems more interested in hanging around the 3 point line at times.

I agree completely with your comment about teams not knowing how to use a post player and the game being a guards game. If the guards would only realize how much easier it is to get good looks by "Going inside out" they could live on the jump shot. It is SO much easier getting the ball inside and having the center kick it back out than trying to run picks to get shots. I seriously don't think some guards even look inside. They are so intent on running off screens that they are oblivious to the post player being open. It happens on a lot of teams, but having seen NCC a couple of times in the Lloyd tourney there are times it looks like some people don't want the ball to go inside. I know the kid is only a freshman and that might factor into "sharing the ball", but when you have a force like that you have to use him until the other team stops him. He will make freshman mistakes, and I'm sure he has, but in the 2 games I saw he looked pretty good.

 

 

This statement couldn't be anymore true!! After watching the Boone game and see a more healthy Schulte, if used correctly these 2 young men can be a great asset to this team as the year continues and in years to follow. The season is still young and at times it takes some time for the players and coach to get on the same page. If you look at the box score from the Boone game, a little more balanced scoring. Boone is a good team and by "ALL" the players looking for each other no matter what grade you are in can only benefit the entire TEAM. The McDonald kid is going to continue to get better with each game and each touch of the ball, but the one asset that everyone overlooks is that he is a very good passer also, he is not afraid to share the ball.

 

By watching the Boone game, it looks that Coach Brannen has helped the boys figure out that there are enough balls to go around and by playing together the can acheive success. Inside/out is a great start!! Remember, it is still early.

Well I was one of the shooting guards and we use to say to each other if you pass the ball inside 4 things can happen and only one of them was good. The center could (1) turn the ball over (2) shoot it himself or (3) pass it to someone else. The only good thing was if they passed back out to us.

Well I was one of the shooting guards and we use to say to each other if you pass the ball inside 4 things can happen and only one of them was good. The center could (1) turn the ball over (2) shoot it himself or (3) pass it to someone else. The only good thing was if they passed back out to us.

 

So no need at all to have a big guy on the inside? :idunno: Team should be just be 5 shooting guards on the perimeter throwing up the shots. Hope they make every singe one, 'cuz there is nobody on the inside to rebound and pass it back out. :rolleyes:

 

When did basketball become an individual sport? Sorry...that's a different thread for a different day...

Edited by hoops5

So no need at all to have a big guy on the inside? :idunno: Team should be just be 5 shooting guards on the perimeter throwing up the shots. Hope they make every singe one, 'cuz there is nobody on the inside to rebound and pass it back out. :rolleyes:

 

When did basketball become an individual sport? Sorry...that's a different thread for a different day...

 

Couldn't have said it any better!! Last time that I looked there was NO "I" in team, but in the case of the quote of B-board there was "me" and possibly a broken arm for all the pats on back:lol:

 

Anyway, back to the point at hand, good team play will produce good team results and who gets the credit? The TEAM!!

Well I was one of the shooting guards and we use to say to each other if you pass the ball inside 4 things can happen and only one of them was good. The center could (1) turn the ball over (2) shoot it himself or (3) pass it to someone else. The only good thing was if they passed back out to us.

According to your theory options 2 and 3 are BAD? What's wrong with the big guy shooting or passing it to someone else? I'm sure you never turned it over either. Very selfish attitude and I sure wouldn't want to play on your team, regardless of what position I played.

According to your theory options 2 and 3 are BAD? What's wrong with the big guy shooting or passing it to someone else? I'm sure you never turned it over either. Very selfish attitude and I sure wouldn't want to play on your team, regardless of what position I played.

It was a joke man, a joke - ease up already!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.