December 29, 201114 yr The Michael Vick skill set....Mobile QB, average-below average passer. Does he hate Tebow?
December 29, 201114 yr The Michael Vick skill set....Mobile QB, average-below average passer.a.k.a Tim Tebow This topic was on 1st and 10 recently. Rob Parker did not like the situation from the perspective a lot of Black QBs in the past would have never gotten the opportunity Tebow has had.
December 29, 201114 yr Author I would say your friend falls under the "racist" category. It gets better. He'll tell you that he is racist but he isn't. He hangs around more black people than I do. He has taught his kids(he's a single father) the right thing when they have come home from school about the use of racial epithets. His daughter is an instigator so he told her if she ever called anyone a racial epithet that she would go to jail(she's 7) if they told on her. It's worked so far. He's dated many black women. His best friend is black(me)..... :lol: cliche I know but it is true. I haven't met more than 2 people that I would call a closer friend than him. Despite how he may come off I know for a fact he isn't racist. I think. VOR's post is my next thought as well.
December 29, 201114 yr Author Does he hate Tebow? :lol: :lol: :lol: No. Loves Tim Tebow. However...he is a huge Gator fan. :lol: :lol: He does like Cam Newton also but not as much as Tebow. :lol: I feel like I am making excuses for him. :lol:
December 29, 201114 yr The Michael Vick skill set....Mobile QB, average-below average passer.In fairness to PP92's friend, how many mobile/running QBs (put aside the passing) have ever won a title? 0
December 29, 201114 yr Author Nobody ever takes those black people with blanket claims seriously. I've never seen anyone of any color make a blanket claim without getting eyerolls from people of all colors. Do you take those black people seriously that cry racism frequently? You shouldn't. 90% of my black friends wouldn't. You shouldn't either. Those are people who always have an excuse for their own failures in life. Plus racism is the hardest thing to prove without blatant hardcore proof. Unless you have that proof on video tape, audio tape or written down it will never be proven anyways. It'll be words taken out of context. I come from the school of thought that says if someone is racist it will be proven eventually. You can't hide racism. It always comes out. PP92, I will be flat out honest with you. To a lot of white people the r word (racism) scares the crap out of them. Due to a lot of the people you are referencing which make these "blanket claims" with little to no justification, a lot of non-blacks feel like they have to walk on egg-shells, so-to-speak, to avoid having that label thrown on them. I am not denying what you say is true in that the majority of black people do not even take these people seriously, but I wish there was more of a back-lash to these type people from the black community in the venom they preach. I do too. The hard part is that once a black person comes out against another black person 'in defense of the racists' then that black person is ostracized forever. Privately everyone will admit that such and such is being dumb but very very rarely will you see the wolf criers receive any public backlash ever. I am guilty of that as well. The mindset of that is it is better to remain silent than to call them out and be labeled an Uncle Tom and the such.
December 29, 201114 yr Author In fairness to PP92's friend, how many mobile/running QBs (put aside the passing) have ever won a title? 0 That is his #1 point.
December 29, 201114 yr It's the latter. The skill set of most black quarterbacks is maddening to him. :lol: Talk about some classic lunchroom discussions. :lol: Is he opposed to black QB's at all levels or just the NFL?
December 29, 201114 yr I do too. The hard part is that once a black person comes out against another black person 'in defense of the racists' then that black person is ostracized forever. Privately everyone will admit that such and such is being dumb but very very rarely will you see the wolf criers receive any public backlash ever. I am guilty of that as well. The mindset of that is it is better to remain silent than to call them out and be labeled an Uncle Tom and the such.So you can see why non-black people can jump to the conclusions they do? I do not believe a lot of non-black folks understand the cultural pressures of being black. And that starts from a very young age does it not? From my perspective, race means a lot more to black people than it does to others. That is not meant in a derogatory way, just a cultural difference that I believe you just eluded to. Hope I am saying that right. I know what I am trying to say but it may not be conveyed properly on here.
December 29, 201114 yr To me for someone to be racist there has to be hatred for another race or thoughts of superiority for no other reason but because of thier race.
December 29, 201114 yr Author If a person has racist beliefs but does not act on them, is that person a racist? For example, I have no doubt there are people who have racist beliefs who voted for Obama. There are people with racist beliefs who have "friends" who are African American. Many of these people will make racist statements that they would never act on. There are many more people with racist beliefs than people who act as racists. This is what makes it so hard to identify who truly is a racist. Excellent point. Is it bad to have racist beliefs if you would never act on them? Doesn't a large percentage of our society harbor some kind of negative racist belief about a particular race? Does looking down on one particular segment of any race make a person racist? For example....is believing every non American person you see is an illegal immigrant racist even though you are completely nice to non Americans all of the time?
December 29, 201114 yr Author Is he opposed to black QB's at all levels or just the NFL? Just the NFL. He's a big football guy and knows there are things you can do in college that you can't do in the NFL such as run the option.
December 29, 201114 yr Author So you can see why non-black people can jump to the conclusions they do? I do not believe a lot of non-black folks understand the cultural pressures of being black. And that starts from a very young age does it not? From my perspective, race means a lot more to black people than it does to others. That is not meant in a derogatory way, just a cultural difference that I believe you just eluded to. Hope I am saying that right. I know what I am trying to say but it may not be conveyed properly on here. I understand what you are saying. I definitely understand where the disconnect comes between blacks and non blacks on racism as well. And yes, it starts at a very young age in the black community. I was fully aware of how things worked in the black community by middle school.
December 29, 201114 yr I grew up in Northern Alabama in the 60s. We had White/Black neighborhoods, stores, schools, sports programs, they just didn't mix at all. But we were so poor we were next to a black neighborhood and I played ball with black kids. Made friends with them and respected them and this helped me as I grew into a young man. I've been around racist people all my life the railroad was known for a white man's job but the blacks did the harder jobs. Racist people in the old days was huge where I worked. Some of my best friends were black and still until this day. People being racist of some form will never end, and you can find it all thru the Bible both New and Old Testaments. I did to be honest had some issues with the mix marriages, because the bible spoke against it. Gentiles and Jews just didn't mix and nations didn't either look at the story of Samson. But if God is Ok with it so am I.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.