December 21, 201114 yr I had 82-54 in prediction thread, pretty close! Always patting yourself on the back .LOL Nice Call
December 21, 201114 yr Lamb and Miller looked great today. I sure do love watching those two play together, knocking down threes off the pick and pop. No doubt in my mind they are both a part of the "Breakfast Club". Lamb was really playing well today from behind the arc and hitting some runners, hopefully his hand is okay, he went out and seemed to be in some pain on the bench. I thought Teague had a pretty solid all-around game for the Cats tonight. He didn't really take too many threes, drove the lane and finished, made some nice passes to get his teammates open. Glad to see he's piecing it together more and more. About what you expect from Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist again. MKG just plays so tough. Wiltjer is my one big complaint. I try and remind myself that he's just a freshman (obviously been spoiled) but then I always remember that he's also a McDonald's All-American. I don't think we've really seen him progress and develop much yet this year. He's not strong with the ball, he's doesn't move his feet quick enough on defense making him quite a liability, and he just doesn't seen to have any confidence when he's on the floor. I think he is still going to turn out to be a good college player, but I'd like to start seeing him develop more. I think it'd be good for him to travel oversees like some UK players have in the past. All in all, I'm very happy with the game tonight. What happened to Lamb I didn't see the second half? As for Witjer just because he was a McDonalds All American, doesn't mean he should be adjusting quicker. We have been spoiled by having McDonalds All Americans who were already pro talents, so obviously they adjusted to the college game much quicker. He was a McDonalds All American who not already a pro talent, but potental to be one day. They have now played games for a little over a month now, so no reason to be down on him because he hasn't developed a lot in a month. I honestly think he has improved a little since earlier, is it a whole lot no. However he has improved a little. Just have to recognize the difference between him and the other freshman we have been spoiled with lately. He will be fine.
December 21, 201114 yr What happened to Lamb I didn't see the second half? As for Witjer just because he was a McDonalds All American, doesn't mean he should be adjusting quicker. We have been spoiled by having McDonalds All Americans who were already pro talents, so obviously they adjusted to the college game much quicker. He was a McDonalds All American who not already a pro talent, but potental to be one day. They have now played games for a little over a month now, so no reason to be down on him because he hasn't developed a lot in a month. I honestly think he has improved a little since earlier, is it a whole lot no. However he has improved a little. Just have to recognize the difference between him and the other freshman we have been spoiled with lately. He will be fine. I'm honestly not sure exactly what Lamb did. But he came out holding his hand and seemed to be in quite a bit of pain. He never returned, but probably also because of their lead. I haven't read anything on KSR about it yet, so it must not be that big of a deal. As for Wiltjer. I am not writing him off by any means, and you are right, we've definitely been spoiled. I didnt' get to watch the game on Saturday, but after last night's game, it seems like he has kind of taken a step back in his play. He just doesn't seem confident out there at all, and a lot of times confidence makes a huge difference in type of play.
December 21, 201114 yr KW will be a solid contributor his jr. season. His defense and dribble penetration should be his breakfast club and off season focal points. Really needs to improve his foot work.
December 22, 201114 yr I agree. P.S. Love the username. :thumb: It weirded me out when I was watching criminal minds around 1 am on my xbox and Dr. Spencer Reid just so happened to be posting in the same thread I was.....
December 22, 201114 yr Lamb and Miller looked great today. I sure do love watching those two play together, knocking down threes off the pick and pop. No doubt in my mind they are both a part of the "Breakfast Club". Lamb was really playing well today from behind the arc and hitting some runners, hopefully his hand is okay, he went out and seemed to be in some pain on the bench. I thought Teague had a pretty solid all-around game for the Cats tonight. He didn't really take too many threes, drove the lane and finished, made some nice passes to get his teammates open. Glad to see he's piecing it together more and more. About what you expect from Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist again. MKG just plays so tough. Wiltjer is my one big complaint. I try and remind myself that he's just a freshman (obviously been spoiled) but then I always remember that he's also a McDonald's All-American. I don't think we've really seen him progress and develop much yet this year. He's not strong with the ball, he's doesn't move his feet quick enough on defense making him quite a liability, and he just doesn't seen to have any confidence when he's on the floor. I think he is still going to turn out to be a good college player, but I'd like to start seeing him develop more. I think it'd be good for him to travel oversees like some UK players have in the past. All in all, I'm very happy with the game tonight. I actually heard neither of them were, yet.
December 22, 201114 yr I'm honestly not sure exactly what Lamb did. But he came out holding his hand and seemed to be in quite a bit of pain. He never returned, but probably also because of their lead. I haven't read anything on KSR about it yet, so it must not be that big of a deal. As for Wiltjer. I am not writing him off by any means, and you are right, we've definitely been spoiled. I didnt' get to watch the game on Saturday, but after last night's game, it seems like he has kind of taken a step back in his play. He just doesn't seem confident out there at all, and a lot of times confidence makes a huge difference in type of play. Honestly Wiltjer is just trying to figure out his role and his game on this team. During the Chattanooga game Coach Cal got on him about not just catching in shooting. I think he's just trying to figure out where he fits and what coach wants out of him at the game time. He definitely needs to work on finishing around the basket and his defense.
December 22, 201114 yr I actually heard neither of them were, yet. Yeah, guess I was wrong. Kinda surprised me. But, even though they aren't a part of the Breakfast club right now Lamb still starts his own practice 45 minutes early and stays 45 minutes late. And then they said on Tuesday that Miller was out doing drills and shooting 1 hour and 45 minutes before the game...so they are both working hard too.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.