Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did you like the trade?

Did you like the trade made by Jocketty yesterday? 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Did you like the trade made by Jocketty yesterday?

    • Yes. It's about time Jocketty made a bold move.
      67%
    • No. Jocketty gave up way too much.
      32%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

We've had a lot of comments regarding the Reds trade yesterday, but I want see a vote on how many Reds fans liked the trade or not. One poster who I thought was strangely absent from making any comments on the trade was UKMustangFan. He has often been very critical of the job Walt Jocketty has done as the Reds GM, yet he failed to make any comments on the trade. So let's hear it folks, give your thumbs up, or thumbs down to Jocketty on yesterday's blockbuster.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A proven commodity. Yes please.

We've had a lot of comments regarding the Reds trade yesterday, but I want see a vote on how many Reds fans liked the trade or not. One poster who I thought was strangely absent from making any comments on the trade was UKMustangFan. He has often been very critical of the job Walt Jocketty has done as the Reds GM, yet he failed to make any comments on the trade. So let's hear it folks, give your thumbs up, or thumbs down to Jocketty on yesterday's blockbuster.
He was touting the trade on Twitter.

I cautiously like it. I do think the Reds gave up too much. However, except for Boxberger they traded players that were not going to be counted on in their future plans. The only thing that worries me is now they may not have any trade pieces left to fill their holes in LF and the bullpen--or at SS if Cozart isn't the answer. Latos has also had one instance of shoulder trouble and has never exceeded 200 innings in a season. That might not be a good thing with Dusty managing his workload.

I cautiously like it. I do think the Reds gave up too much. However, except for Boxberger they traded players that were not going to be counted on in their future plans. The only thing that worries me is now they may not have any trade pieces left to fill their holes in LF and the bullpen--or at SS if Cozart isn't the answer. Latos has also had one instance of shoulder trouble and has never exceeded 200 innings in a season. That might not be a good thing with Dusty managing his workload.

 

Latos may not have hit 200 innings but he has been at 184 and 194 the last two years. Personally, I am glad he hasn't hit 200 innings. The only concern I have is the fact that he has too many innings on a young arm. As to the Dusty reference on pitcher workload, how long does it take to prove this is a tired, old and inapplicable comment on Dusty as a manager.

 

And yes, I LOVE this trade.

Latos may not have hit 200 innings but he has been at 184 and 194 the last two years. Personally, I am glad he hasn't hit 200 innings. The only concern I have is the fact that he has too many innings on a young arm. As to the Dusty reference on pitcher workload, how long does it take to prove this is a tired, old and inapplicable comment on Dusty as a manager.And yes, I LOVE this trade.

 

Go ahead. Present your proof. He still has that reputation, not only on here but in the eyes of baseball analysts. It was even mentioned in an ESPN evaluation of the trade.

  • Author
He was touting the trade on Twitter.

 

Who? UKMF? Don't follow him if that's who you're talking about.

Go ahead. Present your proof. He still has that reputation, not only on here but in the eyes of baseball analysts. It was even mentioned in an ESPN evaluation of the trade.

 

My point is it is a very old argument from maybe ten years ago. Look at how he has developed young pitchers with the Reds. Maybe he changed? Isn't that possible? I haven't seen any problem with this with the Reds.

  • Author
My point is it is a very old argument from maybe ten years ago. Look at how he has developed young pitchers with the Reds. Maybe he changed? Isn't that possible? I haven't seen any problem with this with the Reds.

 

 

Harang?

Harang?

 

Not overuse from an innings point of view, the old Dusty argument. And Harang was not a young pitcher being overworked, which is what everyone wants to complain about with Dusty.

Not overuse from an innings point of view, the old Dusty argument. And Harang was not a young pitcher being overworked, which is what everyone wants to complain about with Dusty.
Like it or not, Dusty has a history of overworking young pitchers. He seems to have shown some improvement in that regard, although I believe that is a reflection of Jocketty taking charge and making sure he doesn't repeat the mistakes he made in Chicago.

 

The Harang thing was more about the asinine decision to pitch him in an extra-inning game on two days' rest and the day after he had thrown a bullpen session. All of that goes toward handling of the pitching staff.

We gave up a lot, but it was expendable for the most part. We'll know in a few years whether those young guys would have panned out in the show. But at the moment Latos is a huge upgrade over Volquez in my eyes.

Like it or not, Dusty has a history of overworking young pitchers. He seems to have shown some improvement in that regard, although I believe that is a reflection of Jocketty taking charge and making sure he doesn't repeat the mistakes he made in Chicago.

 

The Harang thing was more about the asinine decision to pitch him in an extra-inning game on two days' rest and the day after he had thrown a bullpen session. All of that goes toward handling of the pitching staff.

 

But that history is from how many years ago? I just think it is a very tired argument that has no merit based on what we have seen in Cincinnati.

But that history is from how many years ago? I just think it is a very tired argument that has no merit based on what we have seen in Cincinnati.
The Harang issue is more recent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.