Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean Miller Comments

Featured Replies

Were I a college basketball coach, I would probably want to stay as far away from Xavier and Cincinnati as possible right now. Both teams severely damaged their school's reputations with Saturday's ugly brawl, and both schools are currently dealing with the massive fallout and public relations nightmares that were always sure to follow. (We'll have reaction to Cincinnati's news conference on the blog soon.) To make matters worse, both schools botched their players' respective punishments. It's a mess. One is best advised to steer clear.

 

Apparently, Sean Miller disagrees. The current Arizona and former Xavier coach spoke out in support of his former players Saturday. From the Arizona Daily Star:

 

"If Cincinnati tries to do what they did (Saturday) they're going to get a fight," Miller said after UA beat Clemson on Saturday. "So I'm proud of those guys." [...] "They have a chance to win it all," Miller said. "It's just such a great story. I'm really proud of those guys and I watch them any time that I can. No one's going to bully those guys."

 

One more comment, again from the Daily Star:

 

Miller said he was not surprised Saturday's Xavier-Cincinnati intra-city rivalry game featured a brawl that resulted in eight player suspensions. "Happens every game. I'm proud of those guys, I really am," Miller said of Xavier, his former team. "I would fully expect there to be a fight."

 

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/41834/sean-miller-leaps-into-xavier-cincy-fray

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I'm sure your former school really appreciates the positive spin coach. Idiot...

Miller's comments are far worse than anything Tu or Lyons said....A hefty fine should be in order for Coach Miller.

I've heard a lot of words to describe the brawl, but "proud" certainly is a new one.

Shoot, with comments like that, I can completely understand why Tu said what he said. When you have an idiot who is encouraging fighting as your "leader" and "role model" these things are to be expected I guess.

  • Author
Miller's comments are far worse than anything Tu or Lyons said....A hefty should be in order for Coach Miller.

 

Who recruited Lyons and Holloway? You guessed it...

Who recruited Lyons and Holloway? You guessed it...

 

That's exactly what I was saying in my other post....Know wonder those guys think that way.

I'm not sure Arizona's AD would be very happy with Sean Miller having any comments at all. He doesn't really have a dog in the fight. Cheer for your former players, but he never should have answered any question pertaining to that game/brawl between UC & XU.

  • Author
That's exactly what I was saying in my other post....Know wonder those guys think that way.

 

Zip 'em up... :rolleyes:

Completely ridiculous comments by Miller. If I were Arizona I'd have serious reservations about someone like that running my program.

How many coaches feel this way but are smart enough not to say it? I'd bet it's more than most would think.

 

Saying you're proud of them might be a bit much but I doubt a lot would have a huge problem with it.

Miller's comments are far worse than anything Tu or Lyons said....A hefty fine should be in order for Coach Miller.

 

Stupid comments. His and yours.

 

You don't fine a coach for that. Perfect example of us fans wanting to nail anyone and everyone for anything stupid they say.

Stupid comments. His and yours.

 

You don't fine a coach for that. Perfect example of us fans wanting to nail anyone and everyone for anything stupid they say.

 

And there it is. Defense

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.