Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sean Miller Comments

Featured Replies

And there it is. Defense

 

Did you miss the part about "stupid comment." It was an unwise/stupid/silly/thoughtless thing to say.

 

It's equally embarrassing to yell "fine him."

  • Replies 31
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you miss the part about "stupid comment." It was an unwise/stupid/silly/thoughtless thing to say.

 

It's equally embarrassing to yell "fine him."

 

Why? Not disagreeing...I just want to hear some justification.

Stupid comments. His and yours.

 

You don't fine a coach for that. Perfect example of us fans wanting to nail anyone and everyone for anything stupid they say.

 

So you think it's okay for the coach of a college basketball team to not only condone, but praise guys for throwing down?

So you think it's okay for the coach of a college basketball team to not only condone, but praise guys for throwing down?

 

He's not their coach, it would be different if it were his players. He should have said have thought about what he was saying, but fining him would be over the top.

He's not their coach, it would be different if it were his players. He should have said have thought about what he was saying, but fining him would be over the top.

 

I never said he should be fired, but if we're going to hold players accountable for their actions, I would think we'd want to hold coaches accountable as well. I think a fine could very well be in coach Miller's future

Were I a college basketball coach, I would probably want to stay as far away from Xavier and Cincinnati as possible right now. Both teams severely damaged their school's reputations with Saturday's ugly brawl, and both schools are currently dealing with the massive fallout and public relations nightmares that were always sure to follow. (We'll have reaction to Cincinnati's news conference on the blog soon.) To make matters worse, both schools botched their players' respective punishments. It's a mess. One is best advised to steer clear.

 

Apparently, Sean Miller disagrees. The current Arizona and former Xavier coach spoke out in support of his former players Saturday. From the Arizona Daily Star:

 

"If Cincinnati tries to do what they did (Saturday) they're going to get a fight," Miller said after UA beat Clemson on Saturday. "So I'm proud of those guys." [...] "They have a chance to win it all," Miller said. "It's just such a great story. I'm really proud of those guys and I watch them any time that I can. No one's going to bully those guys."

 

One more comment, again from the Daily Star:

 

Miller said he was not surprised Saturday's Xavier-Cincinnati intra-city rivalry game featured a brawl that resulted in eight player suspensions. "Happens every game. I'm proud of those guys, I really am," Miller said of Xavier, his former team. "I would fully expect there to be a fight."

 

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/41834/sean-miller-leaps-into-xavier-cincy-fray

 

 

Xavier is not good enough to "win it all". Their front court just isn't good enough. Stop it already!

So you think it's okay for the coach of a college basketball team to not only condone, but praise guys for throwing down?

 

No, thus the agreement with you that it was a stupid comment. Not rocket science to decipher my feelings here.

 

It's not fine-worthy. Asinine.

Is Clyde a X fan?

 

Among others.

Not worth it...

Edited by UKMustangFan

I never said he should be fired, but if we're going to hold players accountable for their actions, I would think we'd want to hold coaches accountable as well. I think a fine could very well be in coach Miller's future

 

Confused I never said any thing about him being fired either???? And I highly doubt it.

Confused I never said any thing about him being fired either????

 

Sorry, was on my phone posting that, and misread your post. Apologies.

Sorry, was on my phone posting that, and misread your post. Apologies.

 

No problem.

I'm sure your former school really appreciates the positive spin coach. Idiot...

 

GT, I'm listening to 700WLW and it was stated Miller criticized Cronin, however I did not hear any "cuts". You hear anything about this? Agree with you, Miller not only an idiot, he's a moron.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.