Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Hot Stove League 2012

Featured Replies

I like him as a starter better than Heisey.

 

The Ludwick of 2008 I do, but I think offensively they're pretty close now, and Heisey is much better defensively. That being said, I'm sure Dusty agrees with you.

  • Replies 99
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that they have some pop off the bench with the signing of Ludwick, would love to see them acquire a contact hitter/ high batting average guy like Jeff Keppinger to serve as a quality backup. He would serve the Reds well as a great situational hitter.

I like him as a starter better than Heisey.

 

Same here....I think Petco was a big factor in his decline in production.

Reds signed Bray.

  • Author

^ Dang Clizzy you are fast...

 

FOX19Joe Joe Danneman

Confirmed by Bill Bray's agent. Bray gets a one-year contract with Reds for $1.4 million.

79 days till opening day ! Be here before you know it !

^ Dang Clizzy you are fast...

 

FOX19Joe Joe Danneman

Confirmed by Bill Bray's agent. Bray gets a one-year contract with Reds for $1.4 million.

 

Bray himself put that on Twitter this morning I thought.

  • Author
Bray himself put that on Twitter this morning I thought.

I think so but no money details.

  • Author

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

 

I’m back and ready to opine on all things Reds. The one move made last week while I was out — agreeing to a deal with Ryan Ludwick — just about sets the roster. I think the Reds have some payroll flexibility, but they probably only have one roster spot to play with.

 

I’ve got the payroll at roughly $76 million, slightly down from last year’s $80.1 million, so the Reds could sign a veteran infielder like Ryan Theriot.

 

Here’s how I came to those conclusions:

 

–The Reds have 19 players signed for 2012 at $72.7 million (that’s taking high number on the two arbitration-eligible players).

Reds signed Willie Harris.

 

 

Great!!! Walt just gave Dusty his 2012 version of Corey Patterson/Wily Taveras/Fred Lewis.

.246/.351/.317 in 283 PAs last season, but he can play all 3 OF spots and 2B & 3B.

Great!!! Walt just gave Dusty his 2012 version of Corey Patterson/Wily Taveras/Fred Lewis.

 

He's a great clubhouse guy ! :D

  • Author

It's a minor league deal. Nice to have a guy that can play that many positions and has done it for a long time.

Kinda surprised the Reds haven't given Jeff Keppinger a look as a utility guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.