NL MVP Ryan Braun tests positive for PEDs

Hangman

Baseball, moreso than any other professional sport, has always placed a tremendous degree of importance on statistics. It helps define and retell the history of the game. The accomplishments of many of the greatest players of the game become lessened when their stats are overshadowed by guys whose artificially-inflated stats were created through chemical enhancement.
Many of the greatest players have used PED's in some fashion during their career. Hell, I'd say almost everyone in the '70's were using greenies, do we need to retroactively strip their accomplishments?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I am absolutely tired to no end of these guys that "accidentally" or "inadvertently" or "unknowingly" took something they shouldn't have. For Cripe's sake, man up and just admit you knowingly took something you shouldn't have and accept the consequences. This "Rafael Pameiro" attitude is so tiresome......
I agree completely with this. If it were me, I'd say "yep I did it and you're lying if you tell me you wouldn't".

Many of the greatest players have used PED's in some fashion during their career. Hell, I'd say almost everyone in the '70's were using greenies, do we need to retroactively strip their accomplishments?
To take it a step further, how do we know the guys in the 70's and early 80's weren't using roids?

To take it a step further, how do we know the guys in the 70's and early 80's weren't using roids?

We don't know that they didn't. But we won't ever really know and there's nothing we can do about it. We do know for a fact, however, that a bunch of players in recent years were using and it was illegal/rules violation for them to do so. Those are the ones you can deal with. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If you guys think steroid /PED use is inconsequential, totally your right. I simply don't like it, the effect it has had on the game, or the message it sends to younger kids (do whatever it takes - the ends justify the means).