Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Angels sign Albert Pujols

Featured Replies

Story just broke. On mlbtraderumors right now. 10 years 252 million.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, glad to get him out of the NL.

WOW! Didn't see that coming. At least the have the benefit of the DH, going to need it once he starts getting toward the back end of the contract. 252 million, wow.

 

 

I definitely see why he could leave St. Louis though. I mean he had already won a couple rings, his manager retires, nothing really left to prove. Plus who wouldn't trade LA for St. Louis?

With Trumbo and Morales under contract, I'm assuming the Angels will be looking for takers for one of them....Cubs? Marlins? :idunno:

Someone said it would probably take 50 mil over what the Cards were offering and that is exactly what it was.

Pujols was the foundation. So many question marks now. At least they have some money to play with but I doubt they go after Prince and outside of him there really isn't much out there.

Someone said it would probably take 50 mil over what the Cards were offering and that is exactly what it was.

 

They said the Cards stopped at 220 Mil.

They said the Cards stopped at 220 Mil.

 

That 20 mil added on I think is an option that people reported. Pretty sure it was just around 200 mil. Cards didn't really budge on offer in Dallas.

With Trumbo and Morales under contract, I'm assuming the Angels will be looking for takers for one of them....Cubs? Marlins? :idunno:
I'd think the Marilns would just stick with Gaby in that scenario.
I'd think the Marilns would just stick with Gaby in that scenario.

 

I'd assume so as well. I'm a pretty big Morales fan. Surely he's an upgrade over Gaby, but I don't know if it's enough to give up what they'd have to.

Too much money. What if he soon starts to fade? Haven't there always been questions about his true age? I assume all the money is guaranteed. The Angels will be stuck with him like the Reds were with Larkin......paying a lot of jack with no production.

Baseball's reality check is coming soon.

I'd assume so as well. I'm a pretty big Morales fan. Surely he's an upgrade over Gaby, but I don't know if it's enough to give up what they'd have to.
In their best seasons they are only about a win off in WAR. Don't see the Marlins even thinking about it for a second...
  • Author

Ing to the AL could him Pujols long term. With the DH in placehe can still bat but nit have to play 1B everyday.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.