40/40 Club

mexitucky

Not to take away from the 40/40...impressive

But what Michael did was to me even more impressive. Bush that is.

He was over 30/30/30 during his four-year career at Male. Threw for 29 his senior season and had a few others first three years, ran for 18 as a junior and 8 as senior and more as frosh and soph..and caught 14 his soph year and 15 junior year.

That's why he is recognized by many as the greatest high school football player ever in KY.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Towles doesn't reach 40/40 at least he has oneup on Al Bundy, 5 TD's in one game. To say Towles' accomplishmenst are lessend(?) b/c of competition should also be questioned for J.J. Jude's gains. I am in no way shape or form an Highlands supporter, but he is the real deal.

Dustin Grutza of Mason County, 2001-2003 had 83 TD Passes and 30 Rushing TDs. Close. Great QB. Last game in HS was a loss @ Highlands in the semifinals, 21-14. Great game, played in the snow.

Towles is a great player. Congratulations on a great career and best of luck as a Wildcat!

I played in that game. Awesome atmosphere and awesome weather. I'm glad I could be apart of it. Grutza was a darn good QB, I do remember that.

He was set to attend the Air Force Academy on scholarship but at the last second opted for closer to home and I believe is at Western Kentucky University. Some of the Falcon backers on here can probably tell you better than I.

That’s correct. He is at WKU and primarily plays on special teams as a kick returner. He had several good returns this year, one of about 50 yards against LSU. On offense he had 15 carries as a RB, but is listed as a WR on their roster.

Dustin Grutza of Mason County, 2001-2003 had 83 TD Passes and 30 Rushing TDs. Close. Great QB. Last game in HS was a loss @ Highlands in the semifinals, 21-14. Great game, played in the snow.

MAN, was it ever played in the snow! It didn't amount to much on the ground, but the flakes were huge and the lights made them look twice the size. Kinda like watching channel 7 out of Dayton on TV when I was a kid. You're right, that was a great one.

MAN, was it ever played in the snow! It didn't amount to much on the ground, but the flakes were huge and the lights made them look twice the size. Kinda like watching channel 7 out of Dayton on TV when I was a kid. You're right, that was a great one.

Sweeperboy to the rescue that night!

That game was the most fun to coach of all the games I have ever been a part of - just did not end the way I wanted. Also, best football game ever played by our school, and again, best performance of any team I have been associated with as a player, coach, etc.