Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 85 Penn State 47

Featured Replies

Didn't get to watch...whats up with miller not scoring?

 

I didn't listen either, but I noticed he only played 16 minutes. What's up with that?

 

Miller didn't really look to score much. While he was in though he played good D and did all the other things he was supposed to do. He got a lot of team mates involved instead of looking to score himself.

 

Yes, very much agree. Cal experimented with that big lineup in the second half--Davis, Jones, & Wiltjer all on the floor together.

 

I disagree with Matt Jones. While Miller did do a few nice things--particularly defending Frazier & cooling him down early--he didn't do enough to stand out...not enough to classify it as a good game. There's no way he should get more minutes than MKG right now. And Lamb has been our most consistent scorer, so you can't put him in Lamb's place.

 

But I do think an argument can be made in favor of Miller over Teague.

 

I know everyone loves MKG, as do I. However Miller has to get more playing time, and Miller does bring something to the game that MKG does not and that is outside shooting. Remember we have a lot of guys who can get to the basket, having someone who can shoot like Miller from outside is something they will need. Having a lineup of Teague, Lamb, MKG, Jones, and Davis gives us only one true good shooter in Lamb.

 

I am hoping part of the reason for why Miller is not playing much, is because Cal is just trying to get his freshman like MKG, Teague more minutes and use to playing college ball and running their offense. He knows Miller already knows what it takes to win at this level, but he is just trying to get the freshman to learn that now. That is my only thinking for why Miller is not playing much.

Yes, very much agree. Cal experimented with that big lineup in the second half--Davis, Jones, & Wiltjer all on the floor together.

 

I disagree with Matt Jones. While Miller did do a few nice things--particularly defending Frazier & cooling him down early--he didn't do enough to stand out...not enough to classify it as a good game. There's no way he should get more minutes than MKG right now. And Lamb has been our most consistent scorer, so you can't put him in Lamb's place.

But I do think an argument can be made in favor of Miller over Teague.

Agree. Miller, bless his heart should have had a outstanding game against this team. Some times he showes up, others he is just out there. We need for him to be a leader this year and really step up.

Why only 16 minutes then?

 

It was a 40 point game? :idunno:

How many of you complaining about Miller not playing enough actually watched the game?

How many of you complaining about Miller not playing enough actually watched the game?

 

I watched the game and I am saying Miller needs more minutes. This team will need Miller when it comes to actually playing better teams. As I said before I believe one of the main reason for why Miller is not getting as many minutes right now, is because he needs to get these freshman use to playing at the college level and playing as a team. Miller knows what it takes to win at this level, the freshman don't. They have all the talent in the world, but need to learn to play as a team at this level for this team to reach it's full potential. So while I say Miller needs more playing time, I do think there is a reason for why he is not playing much right now. I guess we will see as the season goes along.

It was a 40 point game? :idunno:

 

Didn't keep other players from getting 30 plus minutes.

How many of you complaining about Miller not playing enough actually watched the game?

 

When did asking a question become complaining?

Yes, very much agree. Cal experimented with that big lineup in the second half--Davis, Jones, & Wiltjer all on the floor together.

 

I disagree with Matt Jones. While Miller did do a few nice things--particularly defending Frazier & cooling him down early--he didn't do enough to stand out...not enough to classify it as a good game. There's no way he should get more minutes than MKG right now. And Lamb has been our most consistent scorer, so you can't put him in Lamb's place.

 

But I do think an argument can be made in favor of Miller over Teague.

 

You are not disagreeing with Matt Jones. You are disagreeing with Cal.

  • Author

I saw that a couple hours after posting it. Still disagree though.

Kentucky played very good defense today.

I believe that Miller "not playing enough" as some believe is due to one fact. Other players are better than him. We all like Miller but the simple fact is that there is now more talent on this team than last season. Miller will get the minutes that his coach says he will. End of story.

Want to know why someone is not playing as much as you think they should? Send Cal an e-mail, text, twitt tweet or whatever else they have or call in o the show and ask him. :D

 

I now feel even better about this team, all is falling into place for the program. There are some U.K. fans that are finding things to be complaining about when the Cats are beating oppponets by an average o 34pts. per game! All is right with the world.

Kentucky played very good defense today.
I agree.
He played 24 minutes.

 

 

The box score I saw yesterday showed only 16 minutes, but you are correct the box score on the UK Athletics website shows him with 24 minutes which was tied for 3rd highest on the team with Jones as far as minutes.

Cal's first team (Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe) had the talent, but too often coasted and games were closer than they should have been

 

Last year's team didn't have the overall talent of two years ago but were a much better "team", just not as explosive.

 

This year's team has a scary mix of talent, team, and explosiveness. Without a doubt the funnest UK team to watch since 1998.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.